PDA

View Full Version : For those who doubt the Founding Fathers' Religion OR Intent

jessejordan419
08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
http://stg.do/Iwpc

jessejordan419
08-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Great video of the paintings, statues, and history of our capital building, and a history lesson on the Truth of the religion and intent of our founding fathers.

ALADOG
08-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Libs dispise truth so they are silent to this thread.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't think anyone is doubting anything...

habsheaven
08-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Okay, I watched the video. Then I actually read the resolution. Couple things of note:

Nowhere in the resolution does it state that they recommend it for the use in schools. That is a complete fabrication by the speaker. The recommendation is as he states later for the "inhabitants of the United States". Also, the printing of the bible in English was the idea of the printer Mr Aitkin, not Congress. They only endorsed his bible because it was getting hard to get bibles from Europe.

The pictures: This is only a guess since I have never been to Washington. I would imagine there are many pictures depicting the history of the US in that chamber. It is a given that religion was important to many in the US during the creation of the country. So of course, a few of them are going to have a religious context.

***waiting for the weak christian response filled with nothing but hot air***

duwal
08-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Libs dispise truth so they are silent to this thread.

it's more 'who cares? that was nearly 250 years ago.' People have moved on to better things

drtom2005
08-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Instead of listening to others opinions, I hope the OP does research on what the founding fathers acutally wrote about religion and politics. You might be surprised. :))))

JustAlex
08-15-2012, 07:44 PM
TREATY OF TRIPOLI!

That's all I need and will say.

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Instead of listening to others opinions, I hope the OP does research on what the founding fathers acutally wrote about religion and politics. You might be surprised. :))))

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

Zaccheus85
08-16-2012, 05:31 PM
I know the Founding Fathers referred to God more often and were more than likely more religious than is customary for many Senators, Congressmen, etc today. However, this country was founded on religious tolerance and freedom, so I don't know that we can use the Founding Father's religion as an excuse to force religion on others.

Wickabee
08-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I know the Founding Fathers referred to God more often and were more than likely more religious than is customary for many Senators, Congressmen, etc today. However, this country was founded on religious tolerance and freedom, so I don't know that we can use the Founding Father's religion as an excuse to force religion on others.

I can think of two people who can...