PDA

View Full Version : The Heavy Burden of Government

mikesilvia
08-03-2012, 12:10 AM
In my hometown, everyone is required to have a landline telephone so local officials can reach us with a reverse 911 call. It's a nice idea, but it doesn't work. In my family, we never use the landline. We talk on...

More... (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ScottRasmussen/2012/08/03/the_heavy_burden_of_government)

theonedru
08-03-2012, 04:33 AM
If they are going to make me have a land line then they will provide it free of service, I will not pay out money for something I would never use ( my gym membership is my exception to the rule )

mrveggieman
08-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Despite the trashy site the article was posted on I did take a look at it and agreed with most of the writer's points. It's real scary that at any time if the gov't (regardless of who is in office) is out to get you there is not a thing that you can do about it.

Wickabee
08-03-2012, 01:31 PM
As soon as stats about what "Americans believe will fix the economy" come up, I just remember that more Americans believe Barrack is from Kenya than believe in Evolution. I remember that 84% of Americans think 9/11 was a cover-up and 33% actually believe it was an inside job.

Oh, and 66-72% of Americans think raising taxes on the rich is the way to fix the economy.

cbuskstwar
08-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Anytime you see polls, dont you think, who are they asking?

As soon as stats about what "Americans believe will fix the economy" come up, I just remember that more Americans believe Barrack is from Kenya than believe in Evolution. I remember that 84% of Americans think 9/11 was a cover-up and 33% actually believe it was an inside job.

Oh, and 66-72% of Americans think raising taxes on the rich is the way to fix the economy.

Wickabee
08-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Anytime you see polls, dont you think, who are they asking?

That's kind of my point...

theonedru
08-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Fixing the economy is actually quite easy

1. Do not spend money you do not have

2. Quit giving money away to countries for things that we should be keeping our noses out of.

I.e for example I live in Seattle, Seattle is over 1 billion $ in debt yet they continue to throw a billion $ into light rail projects we do not need, unnecessary road work that could be delayed, parades and so on. If they took that money and put it towards their debt we would not have one. Once the debt is gone then they can talk about using money for extra perks.

Take small ideals like this and apply it to a national ideal

For a start we can scrap sending anything into space to explore, its a non essential waste of $ for now

make every government office from the lowest clerk to the military accountable for every penny spent .. no more $25 nails or $1500 hammers on invoices and look at the scandal with the IRS handing out $5 billion to fraudulent claims Thats crazy, I could go one but I need to get work done or find a place to goof off for awhile.....

habsheaven
08-03-2012, 02:24 PM
For the most part the article makes sense but the problems arise when you take the extreme position (which most Republicans do) on a statement like this one: <br />
<br />
&quot;That's because competition puts...