PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-A With No Guilt!

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Love Chick-fil-A's sandwiches but hate the company president's stance against same-sex marriage? D.C. lawyer and activist Ted Frank is now offering a way for chicken-lovers...

More... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/05/chicken-offsets-ted-frank_n_1742974.html)

JustAlex
08-05-2012, 09:07 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/242814/slide_242814_1329948_free.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/242814/slide_242814_1329953_free.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/242814/slide_242814_1329873_free.jpg

^It was great to see these guys show up to demonstrate that their love should not be looked down upon because a silly book says so.

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 11:59 AM
It was great to see these guys show up to demonstrate that their love should not be looked down upon because a silly book says so.

Just so I get this straight.

Gay people have a right to Freedom of Speech, but Christian business owners don't?

If you are for gay marriage you have a right to the constitution, but if you oppose gay marriage your business needs to be destroyed? Not saying you want to destroy a business, but there are politicians and far left working to destroy this company. Fascism is to silence the opposition and so far it appears the pro-gay marriage side are the fascists in this story.

Half of America is for gay marriage and half is against it. Both sides need to be respected.

Before everyone goes crazy on me 1) I'm an atheist and 2) I'm fine with gay marriage.

You can NOT be for freedom of speech ONLY when you agree. It's time for the pro-gay marriage crowd to realize that people opposed to gay marriage have a right to free speech.

JustAlex
08-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Just so I get this straight.

Gay people have a right to Freedom of Speech, but Christian business owners don't?

NO, "Christian" business owners have freedom of speech as well, just like RACISTS have freedom of speech to say all the nonsense they say.

Besides, this is mostly to protest the fact that CFA gives profit money to anti-gay groups.

If you are for gay marriage you have a right to the constitution, but if you oppose gay marriage your business needs to be destroyed? Not saying you want to destroy a business, but there are politicians and far left working to destroy this company. Fascism is to silence the opposition and so far it appears the pro-gay marriage side are the fascists in this story.

"The pro-gay marriage side are the fascists"?

Sure, just like the Anti-segregation side were the fascists in the 50s and 60s....Again, most people boycotting and protesting don't want to destroy anything...they want to send a MESSAGE!

Half of America is for gay marriage and half is against it. Both sides need to be respected.

Before everyone goes crazy on me 1) I'm an atheist and 2) I'm fine with gay marriage.

You can NOT be for freedom of speech ONLY when you agree. It's time for the pro-gay marriage crowd to realize that people opposed to gay marriage have a right to free speech.

No one is against freedom of speech, they're against the Anti-gay groups who use money to fight equality.....nobody cares if the idiot owner of CFA hates gays, they care that he's giving money from his business to fight equality.....it's that simple.

Responses in bold

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 12:35 PM
NO, "Christian" business owners have freedom of speech as well, just like RACISTS have freedom of speech to say all the nonsense they say.

Besides, this is mostly to protest the fact that CFA gives profit money to anti-gay groups.

Anti-gay groups? So he funds people that go out and beat up gay people? Or is it that he fund pro-same sex marriage? I think a little research will show the latter.

The pro-gay marriage side are the fascists"?

Sure, just like the Anti-segregation side were the fascists in the 50s and 60s....Again, most people boycotting and protesting don't want to destroy anything...they want to send a MESSAGE!

Have you read the news where Democrat mayors are saying that Chick-fil-A is not allowed in their city? To silence a voice you disagree with is fascism. This is more about a Christian's freedom of speech than gay marriage. Why does one side get have all the freedom of speech privilages (gay marriage proponents) and the other side getting silenced hen they speak out? Why is one side harassing Chick-fil-A employees? One even got fired this week (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2012/08/03/man_who_bullied_chickfila_employee_gets_fired). Trying to stop gay marriage through legal means is not fascism. Trying to silence an opposing voice by a mayor is. Also, I find the Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's "evolution" funny. He worked for President Obama when our President was AGAINST gay marriage and did nothing. Now he say's Chick-fil-A is not welcome in Chicago. The man has no spine.

No one is against freedom of speech, they're against the Anti-gay groups who use money to fight equality.....nobody cares if the idiot owner of CFA hates gays, they care that he's giving money from his business to fight equality.....it's that simple.

There you go again. Please show me a link where the CFA President is doing anything illegal. You say Anti-Gay and the other side say pro-same sex marriage. It's a firm religious belief. He's not funding hate groups that are going around beating up homosexuals. He's funding groups that support same sex marriage. Also, I'd like to see a link that shows that he "hates gays." Back up your claims. His organization has one of the best employee equal rights rules in the business. He doesn't discriminate against his workers. He simply has a religious belief.

Want to attack some anti-gay, anti women folks? Look into the "honor killings" that go on in America. Those are the people Democrats should be going after, not pro-same sex marriage folks that don't break the law.

Wickabee
08-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I love it. Gays have a kiss-in and suddenly they're against freedom of speech. That TOTALLY makes sense.

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Nice harassment of a homeless Christian.

While there, a group formed around an elderly African-American homeless man, who was reading his bible while seated along a fence rail off to the side of the protest. Some in the group confronted the man, who was reading the bible aloud, and engaged him in theological debates. A few others took the opportunity to mock the man, which I captured on video:

http://youtu.be/x8G4jI3VI8U

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I love it. Gays have a kiss-in and suddenly they're against freedom of speech. That TOTALLY makes sense.

It makes sense if you read all the things I post and not skim over them. Maybe you glossed over the part where Chick-fil-A was told they were not welcome in Boston, Chicago and other cities? Now mayors have the right to pull business permits that they disagree with politically?

This is the fascism of the left. Use your elected power to destroy other people's business that you disagree with politically and ensure that they are scared to speak out. Then harass homeless people reading a bible or innocent Chick-fil-A employees.

JustAlex
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
So, they got into a theological "debate" and a bunch of morons wrote stupid things on the ground.

This is what happens when you have high tensions.

BTW....if I were gay, my tolerance level for christians would probably be close to ZERO.

Wickabee
08-05-2012, 02:44 PM
It makes sense if you read all the things I post and not skim over them. Maybe you glossed over the part where Chick-fil-A was told they were not welcome in Boston, Chicago and other cities? Now mayors have the right to pull business permits that they disagree with politically?
Are we going to go through this again? Until the day Chik-Fil-A is actually not allowed to move into those cities then you can use that. Until then it was just stupid comments (free speech) from people who don't have the right to do that. Stupid comments are protected by free speech too, you know. Not a single CFA has actually been denied in any of those cities, or maybe you glossed over that?

This is the fascism of the left. Use your elected power to destroy other people's business that you disagree with politically and ensure that they are scared to speak out. Then harass homeless people reading a bible or innocent Chick-fil-A employees.

I'm not going to defend going after employees or customers, but step back and take a look:

CFA CEO makes comment.
Gay-rights activists don't like it, say they're going to boycott.
Right wingers claim the left is fighting freedom of speech and say that the left should shut up.

Think about that for a second. You're just as against free speech as they are. Plain and simple.

pspstatus
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Nobody is trying to destroy anyone's business. And I'm sure you know that it doesn't matter what the mayors of those cities have said they can't deny a business permit based on the beliefs of the president of the company. But if the business has the right to say they are against same sex marriage then the elected officials of these cities have the right to say they would prefer that those businesses not be part of their city. The only difference is these mayors can't do anything to stop a business from locating to their city. On the other hand businesses like CFA can help to keep a group of people from doing something by donating money to groups that promote traditional marriage as being the only acceptable form of said institution. These businesses use their money to limit other people's ability to live freely.

texansrangerfan73
08-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Love me some Chik-Fil-A so I'll eat there still regardless of what they say or do. Now let's all support em &
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/A8raW/Eat_more_chicken.jpg

INTIMADATOR2007
08-05-2012, 09:03 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/242814/slide_242814_1329948_free.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/242814/slide_242814_1329953_free.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/242814/slide_242814_1329873_free.jpg

^It was great to see these guys show up to demonstrate that their love should not be looked down upon because a silly book says so.
I just threw up in my mouth .Thanks !

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Think about that for a second. You're just as against free speech as they are. Plain and simple.

Really? Prove it. Let me know I how I censor anyone, or scare anyone that I don't like. Put your money where your mouth is.

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Nobody is trying to destroy anyone's business. And I'm sure you know that it doesn't matter what the mayors of those cities have said they can't deny a business permit based on the beliefs of the president of the company. But if the business has the right to say they are against same sex marriage then the elected officials of these cities have the right to say they would prefer that those businesses not be part of their city.

So, if a Republican said that Starbucks or Ben and Jerry's was not welcome in their city because of their views, you would be fine with this? Think the media wouldn't go crazy? As an elected official you can't deny a business because you don't like someone or disagree with their views. Using political power to crush opposing views is fascism pure and simple. It's wrong no matter what party is doing it.

Are we really going to start boycotting businesses because of who a CEO donates to or his/her political views? It's as narrow minded as being a bigot against gays or someone's religion. Religious freedom and freedom of speech is protected by the constitution, marriage is not.

The only difference is these mayors can't do anything to stop a business from locating to their city. On the other hand businesses like CFA can help to keep a group of people from doing something by donating money to groups that promote traditional marriage as being the only acceptable form of said institution. These businesses use their money to limit other people's ability to live freely.

Prove how "these businesses use their money to limit other people's ability to live freely." I'd like to see proof.

JustAlex
08-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Glad I could help...

Wickabee
08-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Really? Prove it. Let me know I how I censor anyone, or scare anyone that I don't like. Put your money where your mouth is.

Well, ignoring the fact that the answer to your question is in the post you half quoted, I'd say you seem to think these pseudo protests are anti free speech and therefor wrong. But free speech is the freedom to say anything even that free speech is bad. If you think speaking against free speech is wrong, you're against free speech.

Not that I think free speech has anything to do with this CFA debacle.

shrewsbury
08-05-2012, 10:10 PM
what did anyone on either side accomplish?

this is just continued nonsense, drawn out drama

Wickabee
08-05-2012, 10:18 PM

I can only think of one entity that stood to gain from all of this, and did.

shrewsbury
08-05-2012, 10:19 PM
me too, and it was the one who maybe shouldn't have

INTIMADATOR2007
08-05-2012, 10:24 PM

In my opinion , Conservatives proved we are sick and tired of liberals trying to squelch free speech . They continue to do so at every turn they get and Americans are not putting up with it anymore, We have had enough. Let the Liberals think the CFA turnout has nothing to do with the election. The turnout for the election will be Historical .

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 12:19 AM
me too, and it was the one who maybe shouldn't have

Liberals proved they can easily be manipulated by the media.
Conservatives proved they will stand for something, as long as it's not too hard (and tastes delicious).
Chik-Fil-A proved they know how to get record sales without really trying at all.

pspstatus
08-06-2012, 01:53 AM
[/COLOR]

So, if a Republican said that Starbucks or Ben and Jerry's was not welcome in their city because of their views, you would be fine with this? Think the media wouldn't go crazy? As an elected official you can't deny a business because you don't like someone or disagree with their views. Using political power to crush opposing views is fascism pure and simple. It's wrong no matter what party is doing it.

No I wouldn't be fine with it and wouldn't care what the media did. Again just like you say above elected officials can't deny a business because of different political views. I know that so I don't care what the mayor of Boston or Chicago or any other city says in that regard.

Are we really going to start boycotting businesses because of who a CEO donates to or his/her political views? It's as narrow minded as being a bigot against gays or someone's religion. Religious freedom and freedom of speech is protected by the constitution, marriage is not.

Why not boycott businesses that don't share your views? Especially when you can give your money to someone who believes in the same things as you do. The business has every right to their free speech. They do it all the time with their donations. If they can do that then we can choose to excercise our free speech by giving our money to people that share our views as well.

So what if marriage isn't protected by the Constitution? That doesn't mean some people shouldn't be allowed to do it. Lets remember that even the men who wrote the Constitution knew that it wasn't perfect. That's why they devised an amendment process.

Prove how "t[COLOR=#333333]hese businesses use their money to limit other people's ability to live freely." I'd like to see proof.

CFA sponsors something called the Winshape Foundation. Admirably this foundation is aimed mostly at doing positive things for kids. Along with that though they also donate millions of dollars combined to groups such as Focus on the Family who play a significant role in lobbying against marriage equality. Specifically Focus on the family donates tons of money towards anti gay marriage initiatives on state ballots most notably Prop 8 in California.

Responses in bold.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 11:27 AM

Believe it or not I didn't think that any of that was cute either. However they were making a point. It was strictly shock value but they made their voice heard. You might as well let them get married and give them all the same legal rights that straight couples get otherwise they will continue to have these kind of protests.

pwaldo
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Why did nobody boycott Obama who up until recently said that marriage was between a man and a woman? I know it was downplayed in the media but if you have a problem with a CEO saying it how could you vote for a guy for President who believes in hate speech as well?

Also why no boycott of California that voted down gay marriage? Or a boycott of the DNC going to North Carolina where they just voted down gay marriage? Or every state that did?

Also if the CEO giving money to hate groups is the main issue why don't we stop giving money to countries that stone people to death for being gay? We are basically funding them to go out and kill gay people. That seems worse to me than what a company does.

Or why don't people support the rights of any consenting adult to marry however many people they like? Why is it limited to just one person? Why is discriminating against people who want to marry two people okay?

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Why did nobody boycott Obama who up until recently said that marriage was between a man and a woman? I know it was downplayed in the media but if you have a problem with a CEO saying it how could you vote for a guy for President who believes in hate speech as well?
Because right now, as it stand in many states, it is. Quoting fact doesn't mean he wants to stand in the way of change. The CFA CEO did say he supports standing in the way of change.
Also Obama has said he is personally for gay marriage. He also said whether it becomes legal is a state issue, so he really has no say.

Also why no boycott of California that voted down gay marriage? Or a boycott of the DNC going to North Carolina where they just voted down gay marriage? Or every state that did?
So you're saying if gays in California are going to protest CFA they should also leave the state because of how it voted? Or not go because of how it voted? Should all gays move to Vermont? Would that make you happier about your America?

Also if the CEO giving money to hate groups is the main issue why don't we stop giving money to countries that stone people to death for being gay? We are basically funding them to go out and kill gay people. That seems worse to me than what a company does.
This I can agree with. Just like only boycotting what makes the news.

Or why don't people support the rights of any consenting adult to marry however many people they like? Why is it limited to just one person? Why is discriminating against people who want to marry two people okay?
I agree with this too, which I think will eventually happen. I do believe, though, that society will draw the line at inter-species marriages though. I just don't think there will ever be enough people who want to fight that fight, or even think it's okay to fight that fight.

pwaldo
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Because right now, as it stand in many states, it is. Quoting fact doesn't mean he wants to stand in the way of change. The CFA CEO did say he supports standing in the way of change.
Also Obama has said he is personally for gay marriage. He also said whether it becomes legal is a state issue, so he really has no say.

So if you are against gay marriage but won't stand in the way of progress then people are okay with that? I don't know I'm asking. I mean wouldn't going to the voting booth and voting against gay marriage be considered standing in the way of progress of gay rights? Don't most churches, mosques, and synagogues also stand in the way? Are they next after Chick fil A? Also I know Obama said he was but he was AGAINST gay marriage while he was a senator and for the majority of his first term as President. I know now he is kinda for it.

So you're saying if gays in California are going to protest CFA they should also leave the state because of how it voted? Or not go because of how it voted? Should all gays move to Vermont? Would that make you happier about your America?

It is probably more of I'm confused on how they determine what to boycott. Arizona is but California isn't. Lowe's and Chick fil A are but Apple isn't. Israel is but China isn't etc.

Wouldn't it make more sense to boycott the politicians who are against it instead of private businesses? I mean I wouldn't vote for a candidate if they were so against a belief I felt strongly in. Just seems to be a lot of hype and no substance with this whole story in my opinion.

andrewhoya
08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
You have words TM'ed out on here :tongue0020:

Just kidding. Well, kind of. Joking that you censor people but not that we are censored... If that makes sense.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
So if you are against gay marriage but won't stand in the way of progress then people are okay with that? I don't know I'm asking. I mean wouldn't going to the voting booth and voting against gay marriage be considered standing in the way of progress of gay rights? Don't most churches, mosques, and synagogues also stand in the way? Are they next after Chick fil A? Also I know Obama said he was but he was AGAINST gay marriage while he was a senator and for the majority of his first term as President. I know now he is kinda for it.
It's a personal definition and I do see what you're saying. However, there's a difference between going to the polls and publicly saying something as a pseudo-celebrity, that's all. As for Obama, the only reference I have to his stance on gay marriage is his last statement which was thoroughly denounced as "political" by the right wing (imagine that, a politician making a political statement. For shame.)

It is probably more of I'm confused on how they determine what to boycott. Arizona is but California isn't. Lowe's and Chick fil A are but Apple isn't. Israel is but China isn't etc.
Are liberals (I still think this is too broad a term) really boycotting Arizona? How does one boycott a state, exactly?

Wouldn't it make more sense to boycott the politicians who are against it instead of private businesses? I mean I wouldn't vote for a candidate if they were so against a belief I felt strongly in. Just seems to be a lot of hype and no substance with this whole story in my opinion.

I think boycotting whoever you want makes sense. What needs to be learned by these people is that "boycott" means "don't buy there". What they're doing is protesting in a loud and intimidating manner. The entire goal is simply to tick people off as much as they are. There's no statement other than "Ooh, I'm angry!"

shrewsbury
08-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I love all the excuses for Obama and the attack on conservatives and christians.

where the heck were all these people when dead soldiers were getting picketed at their funerals?

If you are gay, big deal, if you are not gay, big deal. instead of worrying about you and your preferences how about show support for the real issues.

The fact is Obama is in his re election year, he is NOW pro gay marriage and has been linked to the first slave (which is a put together puzzle with a lot of important missing pieces) does not anyone find this to be a strange coincidence? nobody but me?

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I love all the excuses for Obama and the attack on conservatives and christians.
Which excuses exactly

where the heck were all these people when dead soldiers were getting picketed at their funerals?
Where were the Chik-Fil-A supporters?

If you are gay, big deal, if you are not gay, big deal. instead of worrying about you and your preferences how about show support for the real issues.
This isn't about gay or not, it's about gay AND MARRIED or not.

The fact is Obama is in his re election year, he is NOW pro gay marriage and has been linked to the first slave (which is a put together puzzle with a lot of important missing pieces) does not anyone find this to be a strange coincidence? nobody but me?

Well, I've never known his stance on gay marriage (note: NOT homosexuality itself) until his last statement and I've heard nothing about being linked to the first slave (how anyone would be able to even figure out who the first slave was is beyond me. That's going back to the Old Testament).
As for the act of political grandstands and claims like these, I'd say Romney's almost insulting pandering to southerners. And I only say almost because I'm not a southerner. He was in front of everyone acting like he learned about the southern US from cartoons. One is as bad as the other and it's all politicians being politicians and nothing more.

But you're right, we should all be mad at Obama and ignore all the others because Obama is...well not because he's black, that would be racist...A Democrat? There are worse Democrats, like Reid...why should we hate Obama again?

shrewsbury
08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
who said you should hate anyone?

and when did i say I was talking only about one side of the Chik fil a people?

this is the issue, people attack people assuming they know what they are talking about, and you don't. the only hatred here is the one for conservatives.

and how is this for a prime example for Obama excuses

Well, I've never known his stance on gay marriage (note: NOT homosexuality itself) until his last statement

and to find others all you need to do is reread the posts, it is nonstop, but i am accused of hating someone that i don't know and never said I hated. look back at my past posts about Obama, and you will find my issues with him are the same I have had ever since I started paying attention to politics.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
who said you should hate anyone?

and when did i say I was talking only about one side of the Chik fil a people?

this is the issue, people attack people assuming they know what they are talking about, and you don't. the only hatred here is the one for conservatives.

and how is this for a prime example for Obama excuses

and to find others all you need to do is reread the posts, it is nonstop, but i am accused of hating someone that i don't know and never said I hated. look back at my past posts about Obama, and you will find my issues with him are the same I have had ever since I started paying attention to politics.

My stating the fact that I was ignorant to his stance on gay marriage is an excuse? No. That is stupid. It is a statement of "I can't say one way or another as I don't have the information." That is not an excuse. Do I need to link the definition of excuse up for you? I'm thinking so, but prove me wrong, please. I still have more faith in you than that.

Also, and I assume you're somewhat referring to me here, I have no hate for conservatives. I'm fully on the other side of the fence, but I don't hate them. The only ones here saying anyone hates conservatives is conservatives making the exact same claim you just did.

If you think I hate conservatives, then yes, I think you hate Obama. Anyone who looks at an issue, like the economy, and places it solely on the back of one man either hates that man or doesn't understand how an economy actually works.

And I still, after reading the statement many, many times, fail to see how what I said is an excuse of any kind whatsoever. How is my not knowing something an excuse for Obama? Are you telling me I said this flip-flop you accuse him of is because I, some random guy in a completely different country, didn't know his original stance?
That would be an excuse. A stupid, moronic, pea-brained excuse, but an excuse. Unfortunately, that isn't what I said at all.

pwaldo
08-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Is there a way you can edit my name out of the quotes in post #31? Those aren't mine they are shrewsbury.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-06-2012, 08:04 PM
How the gays acted at CFA with such class and respect for someone who would dissagree.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/08/05/Gay-Protesters-Harass-Homeless-Man-Reading-Bible-at-Chick-fil-A

Sorry already video posted!

INTIMADATOR2007
08-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Nice harassment of a homeless Christian.

While there, a group formed around an elderly African-American homeless man, who was reading his bible while seated along a fence rail off to the side of the protest. Some in the group confronted the man, who was reading the bible aloud, and engaged him in theological debates. A few others took the opportunity to mock the man, which I captured on video:

http://youtu.be/x8G4jI3VI8U
I am pretty sure there were no disrespectful talk by the CFA patrons that day towards the gay community, just people showing there support for Traditional Marriage. However mix in some peed off libs. and this is what ya' get.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I am pretty sure there were no disrespectful talk by the CFA patrons that day towards the gay community, just people showing there support for Traditional Marriage. However mix in some peed off libs. and this is what ya' get.

You don't think there were some actual biggots mixed in too?

INTIMADATOR2007
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
You don't think there were some actual biggots mixed in too?
If there was you would have seen it a zillion times on Liberal TV. Nothing but peaceful OLD people from what I've seen , ya' know those the liberals in this country like to call racists/extremists evil people .

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 10:49 PM
If there was you would have seen it a zillion times on Liberal TV. Nothing but peaceful OLD people from what I've seen , ya' know those the liberals in this country like to call racists/extremists evil people .

So because they were quiet they definitely weren't bigots? Bigotry is a state of mind, not an action.

Also, do you think racists are good people? I'm just asking.

shrewsbury
08-06-2012, 10:55 PM
wickabee, it would depend on your definition of what a good person is.

i don't think anyone who can hate do to race or religion would be able to be a good person

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 12:13 AM
wickabee, it would depend on your definition of what a good person is.

i don't think anyone who can hate do to race or religion would be able to be a good person

Yeah same. I don't like to judge and say anyone is a bad person but some things are important enough.