PDA

View Full Version : 36 Obama aides owe $833,970 in back taxes

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Everyone is worried about Romney's tax returns and what banks his money sits in, but ...

The IRS has released its Federal Employee and Retiree Delinquency Inventory, and it shows that 36 of Obama’s aides owe a total of $833,970 in back taxes.

Other government employees owe a lot, too. At the Environmental Protection Agency, 413 people owe more than $19 million; at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., which is supposed to “maintain stability and public confidence in the nation’s financial system,” 185 employees owe more than $3 million; and five people at the U.S. Tax Court owe $62,508.

Obama has repeatedly called on the rich to pay more taxes to help lower the deficit. He has used the billionaire investor Warren Buffett as a poster child, saying that under the “Buffett rule,” people making more than $1 million a year should pay a 30 percent tax rate.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/obamas-aides-owe-some-money-in-back-taxes/

duane1969
08-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Crickets...

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 05:45 PM
No Crickets

then they pay the price!

but once again you deflect! attack with no defense!
it is getting really old but again another teapublican trick!

duane1969
08-05-2012, 06:00 PM
If it's OK for liberals to do it then it is OK for conservatives to do it. Bring up jobs, the economy or gas prices in a discussion about Obama and it is a guarantee that someone will bring up Bush in a deflecting defense. Good for the goose...

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 06:08 PM
If it's OK for liberals to do it then it is OK for conservatives to do it. Bring up jobs, the economy or gas prices in a discussion about Obama and it is a guarantee that someone will bring up Bush in a deflecting defense. Good for the goose...

never said that

they should be have the book thrown at them PERIOD
and yes your deflecting on the topic and with the statement you just made
What is Mitt Really Hiding? This whole thing goes away if he release them. Right? So why not just do that ? otherwise people will always say he is hgiding things

and the record of Romney while in public office? really need to know all that ?
and he did pay his taxes in Mass
I know because DOR here is a real bummer and well they take everything if you dont!

habsheaven
08-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Who cares what government employees owe in back taxes? What does it have to do with the Presidency or the race for the White House? Republicans are so desperate.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-05-2012, 08:08 PM
+1

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 08:17 PM
go figure Conservatives agree....

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Who cares what government employees owe in back taxes? What does it have to do with the Presidency or the race for the White House? Republicans are so desperate.
+100

cbuskstwar
08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I see 36 pardons in Obama's future.

mikesilvia
08-05-2012, 08:23 PM
No Crickets

then they pay the price!

but once again you deflect! attack with no defense!
it is getting really old but again another teapublican trick!

Democrat logic:

1. Romney must release tax returns above and beyond what he is required by law
2. Obama sealing his academic, medical, and almost every other record is fine.
3. Obama can use executive privilege to stop investigations that will damage his presidency
4. If you bring up points 2 and 3 you are pulling a teapublican trick. Facts are irrelevant.

If it was Bush employees you'd be singing a different tune, but I'll bite.

Obama ran on Hope and Change and is now spending millions on ads asking for Romney to release tax records he is not required to by law. Obama employees are required by law to pay taxes and they are not. See the difference? The law requires one, but not the other. Democrats are calling to raise taxes on small businesses and the wealthy, but have a hard time paying taxes themselves. These are people appointed by Obama, not just random folks.

Democrats call Mitt Romney rich and out of touch, but vote in Nancy Pelosi who owns a horse farm and winery. Romney is too rich to be President, but John Kerry who was even richer was to perfect man. JFK was worth $1 billion and considered the greatest Democrat President. It's amazing that what doesn't qualify Republicans to be president is perfectly acceptable if they have a D by their name.

How's that?

INTIMADATOR2007
08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
I guess Romney is spending millions to hide more of his records . Opp's that's Obama !

MadMan1978
08-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Democrat logic:

-No it is not required by law-BUT it is a tradition

-Another false statement for tepublicans - and even before you post some lame conseratives article I did research it and found a 50/50 mix on this very topic. signed an order to sela PRESIDENTIAL records meaning only those while he is president. and it does not include his medical. He is required to have a full physical each year I believe and that is reported.

3. Obama can use executive privilege to stop investigations that will damage his presidency
-As Bush 1 and 2 (I believe) as Clinton did and Regan-but nice try

4. If you bring up points 2 and 3 you are pulling a teapublican trick. Facts are irrelevant.
-Now that just a low blow! and YES Highly insulted! I should report you!
-However make sure you facts are not false before you make them and that they have to do with the topic!

Mike I watched Romney in action here in our state. A number questions arise from his term and actions as Gov. The tax returns are just the latest of issues he has brought to his owe door.

-Reply if you wish i am done with this thread...

habsheaven
08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Democrat logic:

According to his OWN father and half of the Republicans he should. No one has said he must.

What is the Republican narrative that seeing Obama's school records and medical records will accomplish or prove?

Where's your proof that he is doing this? You have nothing but speculation.

Almost right. If you are a Republican, facts are irrelevant if they don't agree with your distorted sense of reality.

If it was Bush employees you'd be singing a different tune, but I'll bite.

Who cares whose employees it is. I suspect the President (bush or Obama) has more important issues to deal with than monitoring every government employees taxes. Isn't that what the IRS is for?

Obama ran on Hope and Change and is now spending millions on ads asking for Romney to release tax records he is not required to by law. I haven't seen any ads calling for him to release his tax returns. Obama employees are required by law to pay taxes and they are not. Owing taxes does not equate to not paying them. It only means you haven't paid them on time. See the difference? What difference? They are to separate issues with the only commonality being the word taxes. The law requires one, but not the other. Democrats are calling to raise taxes on small businesses and the wealthy, but have a hard time paying taxes themselves. These are people appointed by Obama, not just random folks. Again, it's not Obama's responsibility to chase down people who owe taxes.

Democrats call Mitt Romney rich and out of touch, but vote in Nancy Pelosi who owns a horse farm and winery. Romney is too rich to be President, but John Kerry who was even richer was to perfect man. JFK was worth $1 billion and considered the greatest Democrat President. It's amazing that what doesn't qualify Republicans to be president is perfectly acceptable if they have a D by their name.

You do know how politics works, don't you? I am sure many Republicans who have no problem with Romenys's wealth had a problem with Kerry's rich wife too.

How's that?

Not very good.

Responses in bold.