PDA

View Full Version : Officials: Wisc Sikh shooter was a white supremacist

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 10:55 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/officials-sikh-temple-shooter-1491732.html?src=cb_article

pghin08
08-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Don't know why almost ALL mass murderers are white guys. Very few women, very few minorities.

As per him being a white supremacist, it's a shame that people still achieve that level of intolerance.

JustAlex
08-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm holding my tongue at what I REALLY want to say until we get more information.

Hint......I'm not very happy about this :rant:

pghin08
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm holding my tongue at what I REALLY want to say until we get more information.

Hint......I'm not very happy about this :rant:

Nobody is happy about this. This level of crazy should not exist on any end of any religious/political/social spectrum.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
The guy was discharged from the service for misconduct. <br />
<br />
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/sikh-temple-shooting-suspect-u-army-wade-michael-123748845.html

shrewsbury
08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
i am unsure how him being a WS has anything to do with religion or politics, he is crazy, just like the muslim army doctor.

people may want to relate it to religion or politics, ut if you are a mass killer, you have no sanity, thus religion and politics means nothing.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Don't know why almost ALL mass murderers are white guys. Very few women, very few minorities.

As per him being a white supremacist, it's a shame that people still achieve that level of intolerance.

It's not all white guys but the majority of white guys who do these type of things generally share the same religion if you know what I mean. :winking0071:

pghin08
08-06-2012, 12:10 PM
It's not all white guys but the majority of white guys who do these type of things generally share the same religion if you know what I mean. :winking0071:

I don't really think a specific religion plays a role in it at all. I think crazy plays a pretty big role. But look at things like the Virginia Tech and Columbine murderers. No real religious agenda. When unstable people go undiagnosed and ignored, bad things happen, regardless of any other factors.

JustAlex
08-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Any reason why this HUGE story has been underplayed by the media???

Is it because the Olympics are on???

The Colorado shooting received massive coverage the first two days, I've barely heard anything on TV or the internet about this!

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd say an action like this and racial supremacy are closer to politics than religion.

pghin08
08-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Any reason why this HUGE story has been underplayed by the media???

Is it because the Olympics are on???

The Colorado shooting received massive coverage the first two days, I've barely heard anything on TV or the internet about this!

I know this is going to sound like a huge excuse, but this happened on a Sunday, probably the day the media phones in the most. Plus the fact that the Colorado gunman opened fire during a midnight premiere of a heavily marketed movie, and the fact that he was captured alive affected the way coverage was conducted.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I'd say an action like this and racial supremacy are closer to politics than religion.

Yeah but if you look at groups like arien nation, the kkk and the christian indentity movement what religion do they all have in common?

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah but if you look at groups like arien nation, the kkk and the christian indentity movement what religion do they all have in common?

They're all white?

texansrangerfan73
08-06-2012, 12:30 PM

Not sure i get what you mean, please explain more.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Not sure i get what you mean, please explain more.

He's saying most mass murderers are Christian. Alex is going to chime in eventually with "See? This means Christians are bad!" while Veggie will go with, "See, it's not just Muslims"

Just a guess though.

JustAlex
08-06-2012, 12:35 PM
I know this is going to sound like a huge excuse, but this happened on a Sunday, probably the day the media phones in the most. Plus the fact that the Colorado gunman opened fire during a midnight premiere of a heavily marketed movie, and the fact that he was captured alive affected the way coverage was conducted.
I guess you're right, but it bothers me a little bit.

Yahoo for example had full multiple stories on the Colorado shooting on their front page, right now there is ONE.

And the story is nowhere to be seen in the Top 10 trending now stories.

boba
08-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Like I said in an another thread, it makes me SICK how people use these things for their own political agenda. If he was Muslim some people would use it, if he was black people would use it, and he's a white supremacist, so mrveggieman uses it. Come on, grow up and show some respect.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
He's saying most mass murderers are Christian. Alex is going to chime in eventually with "See? This means Christians are bad!" while Veggie will go with, "See, it's not just Muslims"

Just a guess though.

You said it not me. :sign0020:

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Like I said in an another thread, it makes me SICK how people use these things for their own political agenda. If he was Muslim some people would use it, if he was black people would use it, and he's a white supremacist, so mrveggieman uses it. Come on, grow up and show some respect.

I don't think that's a totally fair assumption yet.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 12:40 PM

What am I using? Some nut who we know is white with alleged ties to white supremicist groups and is possibly be a christian went to a house of worship and cowardly killed a bunch of innocent people. How am I using that for my own political agenda if I even had one?

boba
08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
What am I using? Some nut who we know is white with alleged ties to white supremicist groups and is possibly be a christian went to a house of worship and cowardly killed a bunch of innocent people. How am I using that for my own political agenda if I even had one?

You just did in this post. Tell me, why did you start this thread?

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
You just did in this post. Tell me, why did you start this thread?

I was reporting a news story. Is that ok with you?

JustAlex
08-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Just a guess though.
I didn't even know this guy was christian, I just saw he was a white supremacist.....although what this guy did doesn't have to reinforce my beliefs that RELIGION....ALL religion, is dangerous in general.

Individuals by themselves are decent good people, religion has the power to change certain individuals radically.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I didn't even know this guy was christian, I just saw he was a white supremacist.....although what this guy did doesn't have to reinforce my beliefs that RELIGION....ALL religion, is dangerous in general.

Individuals by themselves are decent good people, religion has the power to change certain individuals radically.

I'm not going to go as far as to say that all religion is dangerous but religion can be extremely dangerous if it falls in the wrong hands such as hate mongers like OBL and Jerry Fallwell.

texansrangerfan73
08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Most people ARE Christians with certain denominations. I'm a Christian (follower of Christ) yet my denomination is Lutheran. It's very unfair for you to say ALL Christians go off the rocker & kill people. BTW if you are gonna use examples such as Aryan Nation & KKK you should spell it correctly & capitalize since it's a proper noun. In short this is an isolated incident by one whacked out nut job.

boba
08-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I was reporting a news story. Is that ok with you?

The simple truth is that you wouldn't have posted this if it was about a black panther or a muslim.

JustAlex
08-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm not going to go as far as to say that all religion is dangerous but religion can be extremely dangerous if it falls in the wrong hands such as hate mongers like OBL and Jerry Fallwell.
Yes, those are unfortunate examples of extremists.

BTW, I want to explain my comment a little better.

First of all, my entire family is Christian, and so are the overwhelming majority of my friends.

Do I believe they are "dangerous"?

NO....but I do worry about some of their beliefs.

My friends for example sometimes talk about how gays should never be able to marry because they are committing sin.

My mom believes very strongly that the earth will one day end (In her lifetime) and all the non-christians will be left to suffer horribly.

I avoid talking religion with my friends and family, it turns into a huge mess, so I come here and other forums to say what I want to say.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 01:07 PM
It's the speculation of religion I don't like. I'm not saying you're wrong, he probably is. But I fail to see the real point in showing it other fha to say it's not just Muslims. If that is the case, saying Christian is still singling out one group as the same point would be.made if he was any religion but Muslim. Sorry veg

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
The simple truth is that you wouldn't have posted this if it was about a black panther or a muslim.

Since you want to go there when was the last time you heard of a black panther going off the deep end and slaughtering a bunch of innocent people at their house of worship? What about at a movie theater? How bout a beauty salon?

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 01:13 PM
It's the speculation of religion I don't like. I'm not saying you're wrong, he probably is. But I fail to see the real point in showing it other fha to say it's not just Muslims. If that is the case, saying Christian is still singling out one group as the same point would be.made if he was any religion but Muslim. Sorry veg

That is exactly what I want to do. For example no one one here would say that all people of middle eastern decent are terrorists. However when you mix middle eastern and muslim then they are terrorists because their gov't enodorses terrorism, etc. Just like none of is will say that the average white guy is a terrorist. However coincidence or not all of the white terror groups are all christian organizations.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Ok that is somewhat valid. But is your point not all terrorists are Muslims or are you somewhat sarcastically trying to paint Christians the same colour that Muslims got painted?

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Ok that is somewhat valid. But is your point not all terrorists are Muslims or are you somewhat sarcastically trying to paint Christians the same colour that Muslims got painted?

A little bit of both. :winking0071:

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
A little bit of both. :winking0071:

Then I agree with half your point and denounce the other as hypocritical.

mrveggieman
08-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Then I agree with half your point and denounce the other as hypocritical.

Bottom line is that there are good and bad in all walks of life. Not all christians, muslims, blacks, white guys, gays, etc are terrorists.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Bottom line is that there are good and bad in all walks of life. Not all christians, muslims, blacks, white guys, gays, etc are terrorists.

That's the part I agree with.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
+1 I knew Mr. Veggieman would be all over this one .

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
+1 I knew Mr. Veggieman would be all over this one .

Well you're quite the retroactive psychic, aren't you.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Well you're quite the retroactive psychic, aren't you.
Yes I am, actually it's a no brainer that my freind Veggieman would try and take advantage to slam first a white man and then a possible christian in a sad situation .

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Yes I am, actually it's a no brainer that my freind Veggieman would try and take advantage to slam first a white man and then a possible christian in a sad situation .

C'mon dude do you read the news? If I wanted to slam a white man this board will be filled up with stories slaming the white man. Bottom line was some nut who was a white supremecist who was also more than likely a christian cowardly killed a bunch of innocent people at a house of worship. Does that say that all white guys are bad? No. Are all christians bad? No. If you don't like having your demographic singled out because the actions of some loon who does not speak for you please do not single out another demographic (rather it be racial, religious, sexual or political) because of the actions of some loon who does not speak for them.