some peoples choices

doorbell is broke, oh well, they can knock
doorbell is broke, we should ban all doorbells
doorbell is broke, call someone to fix it
doorbell is broke, we should find something better to replace the doorbell with
doorbell is broke we should picket the maker or the store we bought it from
doorbell is broke, someone else must have broke it

now the conservative;
doorbell is broke, why? is it the outside or inside component? is it just the batteries? is it just unplugged? if I can fix it myself I will, if not I will have to go buy a new one and install it myself, if I can't do that, then I may have to call someone to fix it for me.

Wickabee
08-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Here is what a conservative is about, in my opinion;

A broken doorbell

some peoples choices

doorbell is broke, oh well, they can knock
doorbell is broke, we should ban all doorbells
doorbell is broke, call someone to fix it
doorbell is broke, we should find something better to replace the doorbell with
doorbell is broke we should picket the maker or the store we bought it from
doorbell is broke, someone else must have broke it

now the conservative;
doorbell is broke, why? is it the outside or inside component? is it just the batteries? is it just unplugged? if I can fix it myself I will, if not I will have to go buy a new one and install it myself, if I can't do that, then I may have to call someone to fix it for me.

Again, I consider myself fairly liberal, here is my take:

1 - I might say that for a day or two
2 - Stupid
3 - Maybe but doubtful
4 - A better doorbell isn't a bad idea, but I don't like spending money
5 - Stupid
6 - Maybe, but one could say that and then fix it

Ultimately, my choice is the one you call the "conservative" choice. I love this tactic. Put up a bunch of options with one obviously "correct" choice and call that the "conservative" way. You've taken something completely arbitrary that is nothing but your own opinion and presented it as something real. Good show!

That wasn't an attack on conservatives, shrew, this one is solely on you (and not an "attack"...at least by my definition anyway, maybe yours). You're smarter than this.

shrewsbury
08-06-2012, 07:09 PM
and again, you have added to it. what choices did I say were liberal or wrong or better?

attack? what attack? I would rather be attacked myself, because I can defend myself, rather than attacking innocent people eating their lunch.

this was to show what being a conservative means to me, not an attack on anyone, but you would like it to be and the first to jump in and try to make it something it is not.

and you are conservative when it comes to you and yours, which is a great thing.(and no I am not saying your politics are conservative) us conservatives don't want anything bad for you, we just want what is our right to have, just like you do.