PDA

View Full Version : Liz Trotta of Fox News says Women should marry a "good, RICH man".

JustAlex
08-07-2012, 02:55 AM
This woman might possibly be the stupidest most out of touch person at fox news, and that's saying a lot.

Well, she's at it again.

This time she openly admits that Women should marry a good, rich man and dress like a lady (whatever that means).

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/06/fox-news-contributor-female-reporters-envy-ann-romney-for-marrying-a-good-rich-man/

Liz Trotta is a perfect example of a conservative living in the past or at least wanting to return to the past where women were oppressed and merely seen as objects by men......and their biggest goal in life was to have a bunch of kids and marry a rich husband.

Also, this isn't the first time this joke of a "journalist" has made controversy in regards to women commentary:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/02/14/updated-fox-news-liz-trotta-condemned-for-abhor/184316

INTIMADATOR2007
08-07-2012, 08:50 AM
I would hope IF i had a daughter she to would want to marry a rich man. That should be every parents dream for there daughter to marry a good, preferably rich man; raise your children full time and dress like a lady.” Only a liberal could have a problem with this. Wonder if it's because a rich man knows how a liberal thinks and it scares the heck out of them cause they'll be broke in no time .

pghin08
08-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I would hope IF i had a daughter she to would want to marry a rich man. That should be every parents dream for there daughter to marry a good, preferably rich man; raise your children full time and dress like a lady.” Only a liberal could have a problem with this. Wonder if it's because a rich man knows how a liberal thinks and it scares the heck out of them cause they'll be broke in no time .

You should marry who you love, not who has the fattest wallet.

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 09:50 AM
You should marry who you love, not who has the fattest wallet.

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

pghin08
08-07-2012, 09:53 AM

I'm really starting off August on a church hot streak.

Star_Cards
08-07-2012, 10:14 AM

just warn her that there are rich liberal men out there.

I don't really find that much offense to the statement. Sure everyone would prefer to marry a rich person, but for most that is not a major part of a relationship that leads to success. True, a lot of couples fight and divorce over money, but wealth doesn't mean you'll be anymore happy in your relationship than if you married a less wealthy person that you clicked better with. Ah, the sanctity of heterosexual marriage.

gladdyontherise
08-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Or...you know, you marry someone because you have a connection with them, and not their wallet.

habsheaven
08-07-2012, 11:04 AM

All I have to say about this is; I'm glad you don't have a daughter.

Tivo32
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
All I have to say about this is; I'm glad you don't have a daughter.

I think that is a tad unfair. I don't think he's saying given a choice between having his daughter marry a rich man who's an awful person and a poor man who's a great guy he'd want his daughter to marry the rich guy.

I think if we're all honest, we'd want our imaginary daughters to be with someone who is hard working and does their very best to provide for his family. Is that really such a ridiculous thing to want for your child?

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 12:16 PM
I think that is a tad unfair. I don't think he's saying given a choice between having his daughter marry a rich man who's an awful person and a poor man who's a great guy he'd want his daughter to marry the rich guy.

I think if we're all honest, we'd want our imaginary daughters to be with someone who is hard working and does their very best to provide for his family. Is that really such a ridiculous thing to want for your child?

I would want a man that loves my daughter and has her back regardless of the situation. A man that would take a bullet for my daughter. Weather he is rich, poor or middle class is completely irrevelant to how much he loves her. It looks like some people on here wants to use their daughters to get inside some guy's wallet. Wow.

habsheaven
08-07-2012, 12:19 PM

My daughters aren't imaginary. My number one priority above all else is that they find true love and true happiness in their relationships. I couldn't care less if they marry garbage collectors, "artists", or whatever. If they treat my daughters right and love them truly, I will be a happy parent.

Tivo32
08-07-2012, 12:25 PM
My daughters aren't imaginary. My number one priority above all else is that they find true love and true happiness in their relationships. I couldn't care less if they marry garbage collectors, "artists", or whatever. If they treat my daughters right and love them truly, I will be a happy parent.

Would you consider being able to provide for your daughters part of treating them right?

Tivo32
08-07-2012, 12:27 PM
It looks like some people on here wants to use their daughters to get inside some guy's wallet. Wow.

I take offense to this statement if it was directed at my comment.

As a man, I take it as part of my responsibility of loving and caring about my girlfriend (and hopefully someday soon she will be my wife) to provide for her to the very best of my ability. I would want the man who marries my daughter or my son to value the very same thing. I don't expect my son or son-in-law to provide for me, but to provide for my daughter. Sorry if that's so wrong.

Before I get a comment that I'm sexist or a conservative psycho - I would want my daughter or daughter-in-law to be hard working as well. I think both parties in a marriage need to value hard work and providing for the other.

habsheaven
08-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Would you consider being able to provide for your daughters part of treating them right?

No. My daughters are perfectly capable of providing for themselves financially. I would considering "treating them right" to involve providing emotional support, companionship, etc.

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 12:33 PM
I take offense to this statement if it was directed at my comment.

As a man, I take it as part of my responsibility of loving and caring about my girlfriend (and hopefully someday soon she will be my wife) to provide for her to the very best of my ability. I would want the man who marries my daughter or my son to value the very same thing. I don't expect my son or son-in-law to provide for me, but to provide for my daughter. Sorry if that's so wrong.

Before I get a comment that I'm sexist or a conservative psycho - I would want my daughter or daughter-in-law to be hard working as well. I think both parties in a marriage need to value hard work and providing for the other.

I don't think that anyone one here want to their daughter to be broke with 6 kids and married to a deadbeat but the point is there are more things in life than money. No the comment was not really directed at you but at one of our more conservative bretheren if you know what I mean. :winking0071:

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 12:34 PM
No. My daughters are perfectly capable of providing for themselves financially. I would considering "treating them right" to involve providing emotional support, companionship, etc.

Why can't more men raise their daughters they way you did? Your comment warrants some.

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
I would hope IF i had a daughter she to would want to marry a rich man. That should be every parents dream for there daughter to marry a good, preferably rich man; raise your children full time and dress like a lady.Ē Only a liberal could have a problem with this. Wonder if it's because a rich man knows how a liberal thinks and it scares the heck out of them cause they'll be broke in no time .

I don't have a problem with my daughter marrying a rich man, but to say she should sounds like this woman is in favour of arranged marriages.

Tivo32
08-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Ok, well then I will agree to disagree on that point. But thank you for providing an honest, non-attacking answer to the question!

I don't think that anyone one here want to their daughter to be broke with 6 kids and married to a deadbeat but the point is there are more things in life than money. No the comment was not really directed at you but at one of our more conservative bretheren if you know what I mean. :winking0071:

I would agree 110% with you that there is MUCH more to life than money.

I guess I equate not being able to provide (or do their part to provide) with deadbeat. But maybe I am wrong to equate those 2 things?

Tivo32
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't have a problem with my daughter marrying a rich man, but to say she should sounds like this woman is in favour of arranged marriages.

Haha the best reaction I ever got in college was in a small, freshmen seminar class where we discussed marriage in different cultures.

I spoke up and said jokingly but somewhat honestly I'd have no issue if my parents arranged a marriage for me. I trusted my mom enough to know she'd choose a girl who was a good person with a good heart and I trusted my dad enough to make sure she was attractive.

Star_Cards
08-07-2012, 01:07 PM

"artists"? How dare you sir! :)

tpeichel
08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
In our feminized society where it is PC to believe men and women are the same, this unconventional advice for girls will seem foreign to many. Keep in mind that there are always exceptions to the rule.

http://dannyfrom504.wordpress.com/detinennui32s-advice/

ďDear daughter:
I know youíve talked to you mom about boys and sex. Now I want you to listen to me.
All of what your mom told you is, I am sure, well and good. But I want to tell you about the nature of men and women.
What I am about to tell you is not a judgment about you, about men, or about women. It is about our human natures. It is not good or evil, right or wrong. These are immutable facts of human nature. They cannot be changed or abolished.

Men and women are different. Men want sexual variety. You will appear attractive to many men. To men, most women ó including you ó will be at least somewhat attractive. But to you, most men donít show up on your radar screen. They just donít. You simply will not see most men as attractive. You will see a few as attractive sexually, some other men as ďfriendsĒ. The vast majority of men will be simply invisible to you.
As a woman, you donít really much care for sexual variety. What you want is sexual primacy. You want to find the best man you can get. At your core, you are looking for a man who you perceive is better than you are in some way ó looks, earning power, educational level, social status, social or workplace dominance.. This is called female hypergamy ó the tendency of women to ďmarry upĒ or find ever-better men than the ones they saw or had before.

You hold the sex card. That means that you decide who you will have sex with, when, where and under what circumstances. In terms of your value as a woman, the sex card is the trump card. It is the greatest power you have. You must not use or play it capriciously, recklessly, or frequently. For reasons Iíll explain below, you cannot afford to do so.

Men hold the commitment card. This means the man decides on whom he will expend money, time and resources; when they will be expended, how much will be spent, and ultimately when commitment will be provided in the form of exclusivity and marriage. The commitment card is the manís trump card. It is the greatest power he has. You should not be surprised that he does not use or play it frequently or recklessly. He cannot afford to do so.

The relationships between the sexes have much to do with deployment of these two cards and the tension between them. Women often use their sexual charms to persuade a man to give her time, money, resources and ultimately, commitment in the form of a long term relationship or marriage. By contrast, men often dollop out commitment and resources in ever increasing amounts (or, mistakenly, all at once) in an effort to get the woman to have sex with him. A woman must do two things for relationship happiness and success: Attract the man, and keep the man. Initial attractiveness depends on these things, in this order: Looks, age, and chastity. Keeping a man means you have to bring more to the table than just your body. You will need to cultivate a pleasing, interesting personality.

APPEARANCE. Your attractiveness to men begins and ends with your physical appearance. I am sorry, daughter, but this is the way it is. You must do all you can to improve your physical appearance.
1. Keep your weight down. It is not fair that women are judged more harshly than men for weight issues, but they are. Excess weight is the most challenging attractiveness issue women face. Many women could improve their physical appearance greatly if they would simply lose weight, or keep their weight at a reasonable level.
To put it bluntly, donít get fat.
2. Learn to wear tastefully applied makeup that works for your skin tone and facial structure.
3. Get a good hairstyle that works for your facial structure and body type. Long hair is more appealing to men than short hair.
4. Donít smoke. Donít drink to excess. Donít use illegal drugs. All that partying ages a woman.
5. Learn to dress well for your body type. Wear clothes that flatter your body type.
Get help from a fashion consultant or cosmetologist if you need it.

AGE: You will be more attractive in your teens and 20s than at any other time in your life. I do not care what anyone else has told you. All other things being equal, you will be more physically appealing at age 20 than at age 40. Nearly all women at age 20 have some level of physical appeal. They have smooth skin, they donít have a lot of excess weight, and they probably have not yet endured the body-changing experience of childbirth. As you get older, you will become less attractive even if you take good care of yourself. It is simply a fact that your physical appeal and attractiveness will decline sharply between the ages of 30 and 45. A woman at 20 is much, much more attractive than she is at age 30, even if she has taken good care of herself and kept her weight down. Her attractiveness only decreases further at age 40, all other things being equal.
If you want children, it will be much easier to carry and bear them in your 20s than in your 30s or 40s. I do not care what anyone else has told you. It is better for women to have finished bearing children by age 35. You have a much better chance of having healthy children, and fewer health risks to yourself, if you have them in your 20s rather than later. Not only that, once you have the children, you will spend the next 20 years raising them. Better to have them sooner rather than later so you have the health and stamina to raise them.

CHASTITY: The fewer sex partners you have had, the more attractive to men you will be. Conversely, your attractiveness decreases as your partner count increases. I donít care what you have heard from anyone else. A man does not want to be a womanís 20th sex partner for any reason other than to have sex with her. (When it comes to sex, every man wants to be Captain Kirk: he wants to boldly come where no man has come before.) He certainly will be far less inclined to view her as relationship material. Men can tell which women have had a lot of sexual experience and which have not. The more men a woman has sex with, the less attractive she will find the man she ultimately marries (thatís if she can find one to marry her after so many partners). Studies show that women with high partner counts are higher risks for divorce. As her partner count increases, so too does the likelihood of unplanned pregnancy or contracting an STD. Donít think you can beat the odds. You canít. If you decide to have sex with lots of attractive men, your attractiveness will decline with each new partner. Even if you donít get pregnant or contract an STD, your higher partner count makes you less attractive to men for anything other than sex. As you get older and remain unattached or unmarried, you will find it increasingly difficult to attract men. Before you know it, you will have squandered your most attractive years on men who would not give you the commitment you were trying to extract from them. You played your trump card; you showed your entire hand. And you are the one who has lost out.
The sexual marketplace puts different values on male and female sexual experiences. For men, increasing sexual experience boosts their confidence. For women, high partner numbers tend to harden and coarsen women. For reasons Iím about to explain, a coarse, cynical, jaded outlook on life is not what you want to cultivate when looking to attract and keep a man.

PERSONALITY, BEARING AND DEMEANOR: To keep a man, you must offer more than looks, age and chastity. You must cultivate a pleasant personality. Optimism, cheerfulness and an upbeat outlook are key here. Men donít want a pessimist, or a woman who complains and nags. Be kind, pleasant, optimistic and nondemanding. This is not to say that your needs are not important. They are. Just recognize that his needs are important too. Your wants and needs do not always come first.
Donít be crass, rude, vulgar, profane, sarcastic or caustic. Donít complain about his hobbies or interests. Men absolutely hate it when their women complain, grouse, or bother them about things. Men absolutely hate being around a pessimistic woman who canít find anything good about her life, her circumstance, the people around her, or herself. Men do not like gossiping, sniping or sarcasm from women. Most of all, men absolutely do not want to be with women who act like, talk like or look like men.

INTERACTIONS WITH MEN: Men display themselves to women. Women choose men based on the displays they see. Thus, you will be the one doing the choosing. Men will approach you and talk to you, chat you up. Almost all the time, it is because they want to get to know you with the ultimate goal of having sex with you. They are not talking to you for intellectual stimulation or to befriend you. They want to have sex with you.
You will not find most of these men attractive. You will have to reject the vast majority of them. A simple ďIím not interestedĒ will suffice. Be kind. Do the rejection in private if you can. If you canít, do it as quietly and discreetly as possible.
The men you will find attractive will be those who display confidence, power, charisma, and dominance. Just recognize that most other women will also find these same men attractive. There will be other women who will be better at attracting these men than you are. If you deploy sex to ďgetĒ these men and beat out other women, then about the only thing you can reasonably expect from these men is sex.

In relationships with men you will be governed mostly by your feelings, while men look to their thought processes and judgments. This is not a bad thing; it just is. Donít make decisions based on feelings or your girlfriendsí judgments.

You will ďfitness testĒ men. You will challenge them to see if they can stand up to you. If he gives you everything you want, he will have ďfailedĒ the test and you will see him as less and less attractive. If he ignores your tests or changes them back to you, he will have ďpassedĒ in your eyes.

It is your natural tendency to try to control your man and get him to do what you want. But if your man complies with your demands you will find him less attractive, because:
1. Itís boring
2. itís predictable
3. heís needy

Men have a tendency to try to ďbe niceĒ to women, because society tries to pound this message into menís thought processes. The men you will find most attractive are not those who are ďniceĒ, but those who are independent and who donít seem to need you. A man who professes to ďneedĒ you probably has a lot of issues you donít want to get tangled up in.

Signs of a needy guy or ďniceĒ guy:
1. Buys you a gift or flowers on the first date or right afterwards
2. Spends exorbitant amounts of money on your dates
3. Contacts you the very next day for another date
4. Tells you first that he loves you
5. Wants sex right away, or wants to have sex every time he sees you
6. Asks for permission to kiss you or make sexual moves
7. Does everything you ask, when you ask, every time you ask
8. Constantly asks ďare you OKĒ or ďis everything all rightĒ or ďare you mad at meĒ

You will need to break up with a man at some point. When this happens, the best way to break up with him is to simply say ďI donít want to date you anymore.Ē Thatís it. Thatís all you have to do. The reasons you will break up are:
1. Heís seeing other girls and you donít want that
2. Heís no longer attractive
3. Heís not as attractive as you thought he was
4. Heís making sexual demands or moves before you are ready
5. His life plan and goals are not compatible with yours
6. You just donít like him anymore

If a relationship is over, donít spend any more time on it. Get out of it. If a date did not go well and you donít want a second date, make sure you turn him down if he asks.Ē

JustAlex
08-07-2012, 03:58 PM
@ the various conservatives who defended these terrible comments....

Is it not conceivable that a woman herself might become rich without the need of a man?

I didn't expect anyone to agree with Liz Trotta and her ILK!

I was sadly wrong....

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 04:08 PM
She's basically telling America's young women that money is all that matters and they should remain barefoot and pregnant.

JustAlex
08-07-2012, 04:16 PM
" .....to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

tpeichel
08-07-2012, 04:41 PM

Is it not conceivable that a woman herself might become rich without the need of a man?

I was sadly wrong....

If a woman marries a man that isn't poor, then they will have the option to be a stay at home Mom instead of being forced to work and having her kids raised by a day care. What's wrong with that?

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
If a woman marries a man that isn't poor, then they will have the option to be a stay at home Mom instead of being forced to work and having her kids raised by a day care. What's wrong with that?

If that is what the couple agrees to do then more power to them. However not every woman wants to be barefoot and pregnant. Believe it or not there are actually a few women who are not gold diggers who are looking for a man to take care of them and can actually pull their own weight.

Tivo32
08-07-2012, 06:23 PM

I was sadly wrong....

We're seriously going to go as far as to call these comments "terrible?" People make a lot of comments. Is this an ignorant comment? Yes. But as a 24 year old male, there are a lot of guys my own age who have 0 idea how to work a minute in their life and have no desire or urging to go out and make a life for themselves and young girls are marrying them because they "love" them. That's where I'm coming from with my semi defense of this argument. It has 0 to do with me being conservative.

And I love seeing girls my age who are proactive and going out and ggetting theirs. It's an awesome thing to see. I've already stated that multiple times.

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 06:28 PM
You all do realize this woman just said "Marry for money, not love"

Is that part of the "sanctity" of marriage?

JustAlex
08-07-2012, 06:45 PM
This woman (Liz Trotta) is DEAD WRONG on this issue!

She is literally taking women back decades by saying that they should marry a rich man.

In other words, they should be spoiled and not work a day in their lives and become the "Traditional" woman that is only good for making babies.

It's a DISGUSTING comment!

mrveggieman
08-08-2012, 09:43 AM
This woman (Liz Trotta) is DEAD WRONG on this issue!

She is literally taking women back decades by saying that they should marry a rich man.

In other words, they should be spoiled and not work a day in their lives and become the "Traditional" woman that is only good for making babies.

It's a DISGUSTING comment!

Exactly. Then what are these women going to do when their good looks fade away and they can't produce anymore babies. If they married only for superficial reasons their husband is going to eventually get tired of them and move on the next young then and kick his wife to the curb. With no education or work experieince these women will become a drain on the system. The conservative version of the santicty of marriage is a complete joke. Gay marriages have more santicty than these marriages for wrong reasons.

Tivo32
08-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately, it's something (marrying for money and not love) that is perpetuated by tv shows, magazines and much much more. I don't really think it's a conservative or liberal thing it's an American thing. Look at shows like the Bachelor and the Bachelorette or read an issue of US Weekly or magazines like that and you'll have a better idea. This woman's comments are stupid but she is not saying anything new or shocking. It's what most of our culture, no matter what their political beliefs believe.

tpeichel
08-08-2012, 12:12 PM
You all do realize this woman just said "Marry for money, not love"

Is that part of the "sanctity" of marriage?

Admittedly I skimmed the article, but I thought she just said something along the lines of Ann Romney listened to her mothers advice and married a wealthy man. Did she really say, "marry for money, not love"?

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I skimmed it too. Looked for the " "

Admittedly I skimmed the article, but I thought she just said something along the lines of Ann Romney listened to her mothers advice and married a wealthy man. Did she really say, "marry for money, not love"?

tpeichel
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I skimmed it too. Looked for the " "

I looked again and the linked article does not have that quote.

My position is that I would not advise my daughter to be a gold digger, but there is more to a successful marriage than strong emotional feelings. After all, everyone claims to be in love when they get married and promise to stay together through thick and thin, but somehow our divorce rate keeps growing. Understanding male/female dynamics and what creates and sustains attraction are key to having a successful long-term relationship.

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Sigh, it's paraphrasing. I figured that was pretty obvious. My bad.

mrveggieman
08-08-2012, 02:43 PM
So would ya'll be infavor of someone telling their son to look for a woman with money to marry? Why or why not?

JustAlex
08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Sigh, it's paraphrasing. I figured that was pretty obvious. My bad.
This is her direct quote:

“Don’t try to make any sense of this hypocrisy. For with their inborn sense of class warfare — as well as their funny clothes — the ladies of the press really believe they are acting on principle, except that the principle is driven by envy, envy of a woman who managed to do exactly what their mothers told them, although they would never admit it: marry a good, preferably rich man; raise your children full time and dress like a lady.”

She's clearly advocating that Women should listen to their mothers and marry a "good, PREFERABLY rich man"....that they should raise kids FULL TIME (In other words, NOT WORK) and "dress like a lady".......what does that even mean???

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
There you go. If you ever wondered "How does one say 'women should remain barefoot and pregnant' without actually saying those words" your answer is right there.

tpeichel
08-09-2012, 12:48 PM
This is her direct quote:

“Don’t try to make any sense of this hypocrisy. For with their inborn sense of class warfare — as well as their funny clothes — the ladies of the press really believe they are acting on principle, except that the principle is driven by envy, envy of a woman who managed to do exactly what their mothers told them, although they would never admit it: marry a good, preferably rich man; raise your children full time and dress like a lady.”

She's clearly advocating that Women should listen to their mothers and marry a "good, PREFERABLY rich man"....that they should raise kids FULL TIME (In other words, NOT WORK) and "dress like a lady".......what does that even mean???

So she said absolutely nothing about eschewing love for money. She supports a traditional family instead of having two parents working, the children raised by daycare and medicating the children when their behavior isn't ideal. Oh, the horror of it all.

mrveggieman
08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
How would you guys feel if you found out that your wife only married you for your money?

pghin08
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
How would you guys feel if you found out that your wife only married your for your money?

I would question her math skills.

ensbergcollector
08-09-2012, 01:03 PM
There you go. If you ever wondered "How does one say 'women should remain barefoot and pregnant' without actually saying those words" your answer is right there.

so, be a mom, and marry a man who can provide enough income so that you don't have to work equals "barefoot and pregnant" to you? alrighty then

also, nowhere in that quote does it say marry for money.

shrewsbury
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
did anyone actually listen to it? this was taken out of context and the quote is not what she said. listen at 3 minutes 23 seconds and here what she really said.

habsheaven
08-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I would question her math skills.

My wife and I joke all the time about this. She is extremely gorgeous and I'm, at best, a regular joe. I tell her that people who see us together must think I am either very well-endowed or rich.:heh:

tpeichel
08-09-2012, 01:33 PM
So would ya'll be infavor of someone telling their son to look for a woman with money to marry? Why or why not?

I'd only tell my son to look for a career woman who doesn't want to raise a family if he wanted to be a stay at home dad as there is mountains of evidence that shows how important it is for a child's development to have a parent staying at home and raising them.

In addition, it is important to understand a potential partners finances as you're marrying their debt. Credit card debt is bad enough, but if they have a mountain of student loan debt, there is no way to get rid of it except by paying every penny back. (I just read a story where retirees are having their Social Security garnished by the government to pay for their outstanding student loan debt.)

Love is undoubtedly important, but knowing what your goals are in life and choosing a partner that shares them is just as important as feeling strong emotional attachment to a person.

Wickabee
08-09-2012, 01:46 PM
so, be a mom, and marry a man who can provide enough income so that you don't have to work equals "barefoot and pregnant" to you? alrighty then
THAT'S what you got out of that? Man, alex is right. Conservatives will do anything to justify the actions and words of another conservative. Unreal.

also, nowhere in that quote does it say marry for money.

No, it just says women everywhere are jealous of Mrs. Romney because she bagged a rich man like every woman should. Yes, you're right, that doesn't say marry for money at all...

Any justification you can find, true or not, eh?

ensbergcollector
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
THAT'S what you got out of that? Man, alex is right. Conservatives will do anything to justify the actions and words of another conservative. Unreal.

No, it just says women everywhere are jealous of Mrs. Romney because she bagged a rich man like every woman should. Yes, you're right, that doesn't say marry for money at all...

Any justification you can find, true or not, eh?

and liberals with paint everything with a broad offensive stroke of a brush even if there is no defense of it because outlandish outrageous statements make more of a lasting impact then true dialogue. You bash what I got out of the quote while you got "barefoot and pregnant." and you want to talk about me justifying something?

Wickabee
08-09-2012, 02:16 PM
and liberals with paint everything with a broad offensive stroke of a brush even if there is no defense of it because outlandish outrageous statements make more of a lasting impact then true dialogue. You bash what I got out of the quote while you got "barefoot and pregnant." and you want to talk about me justifying something?
You want to talk about bashing? Go read the whole thing again. It's nothing but a bashfest against liberal women who are jealous because they didn't do the right thing and marry a rich man so they didn't have to work. I guess barefoot and pregnant is a stretch(?) What would you call it, drunk and on the phone? Bored and having sex with the poolboy? What?