PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson blames atheists/those who hate God for Wisc Sikh temple shooting

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2012/08/07/pat-robertson-blames-atheists-and-those-who-hate-god-for-wisconsin-temple-shooting/

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 01:37 PM
You may want to get that title fixed...

theonedru
08-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Pat Robertson is an idiot, what else can be said

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 01:40 PM
You may want to get that title fixed...

What's wrong with the title?

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure no skis were harmed.

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure no skis were harmed.

Got ya. :winking0071: Mods please correct to Sikh. Thanks.

pghin08
08-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Got ya. :winking0071: Mods please correct to Sikh. Thanks.

Lol, got it covered.

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 01:51 PM
To topic, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner. There are a lot of Sikhs in BC, especially down towards Vancouver and here in Kelowna. After 9/11 it was easy to find idiots because they'd be spouting off about how these Muslims (who were actually Sikhs) should be sent home after that kind of attack. Made me think of the Japanese internment camps of WWII.

Apparently everyone who wears a turban is exactly the same to a lot of people. Of course, being a white supremacist, I doubt he cared they weren't Muslim, just that they were a different colour.

JustAlex
08-07-2012, 03:04 PM
I just want to let Pat Robertson know something....

Atheists DON'T hate god!

How can we hate something we don't believe in?

That makes no sense!

Also, Satan is a construct of the Christian Religion.....atheists also don't believe in such a thing nor do we "worship" him.

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Some people equate denying God's existence as Satan's work. I can sort of see the logic in it. Not saying you're wrong, just presenting something you may not have thought of.

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 03:29 PM
What Robertson said is just as dumb as Fisher saying that Allah is a powerful demon god. First of all God is not a demon, secondly is christians believe that islam is a false religion how could they then turn around and call Allah powerful. The devil does indeed speak with a split tounge.

JustAlex
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Some people equate denying God's existence as Satan's work. I can sort of see the logic in it. Not saying you're wrong, just presenting something you may not have thought of.
Yeah, I know that some people use that reasoning...

But even so, atheists in general don't worship any supernatural being, that includes gods, devils, demons, mystical creatures, or any of the sort.

Pat Robertson is a very bad representative for christianity, even when I was a christian I never liked him.....time after time he says the most outlandish statements.....this one is an attack on people like me (atheists) and I resent it!

mrveggieman
08-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I know that some people use that reasoning...

But even so, atheists in general don't worship any supernatural being, that includes gods, devils, demons, mystical creatures, or any of the sort.

Pat Robertson is a very bad representative for christianity, even when I was a christian I never liked him.....time after time he says the most outlandish statements.....this one is an attack on people like me (atheists) and I resent it!

What about the flying spaghetti monster? An old atheist buddy of mines from facebook said that is his God. He even said that the FSM recogizes gay marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_spaghetti_monster

LOL I couldn't resist.

JustAlex
08-07-2012, 04:22 PM
What about the flying spaghetti monster? An old atheist buddy of mines from facebook said that is his God. He even said that the FSM recogizes gay marriage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_spaghetti_monster

LOL I couldn't resist.

Haha....yes, the good ol' spaghetti monster.

As you can see it is used for satirical purposes, atheists use it as a way to show that humans can make just about anything as their god.

It's actually pretty comical when atheists say that they believe in the FSM......another one they like to use is the "Ghost that never lies".

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh, I know, I'm just giving the reasoning, hoping to help you better understand the charges being made. That's all.

duwal
08-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I just want to let Pat Robertson know something....

Atheists DON'T hate god!

How can we hate something we don't believe in?

That makes no sense!

Also, Satan is a construct of the Christian Religion.....atheists also don't believe in such a thing nor do we "worship" him.

that's what made it so laughable. Athiests do not believe in god, we for sure don't hate god, if anything we ignore anyone who has a deep and passionate belief in god. And for sure athiests for the most part aren't 'angry at themselves or society.' If anything a lot of us are happy that we don't have to pray to someone else for guidance or help or any situation in our lives.

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I would venture to guess there's a fair number of atheists who hate religion. Some people equate that with hating God.

mrveggieman
08-08-2012, 08:11 AM
that's what made it so laughable. Athiests do not believe in god, we for sure don't hate god, if anything we ignore anyone who has a deep and passionate belief in god. And for sure athiests for the most part aren't 'angry at themselves or society.' If anything a lot of us are happy that we don't have to pray to someone else for guidance or help or any situation in our lives.

You know that I'm the last one to knock anyone's religion or lack of one. Whatever you believe in or do not believe in is entirely up to you. The reason why I can't see myself becoming an atheist is that I find comfort in turning to something greater than me when I am going through a storm. No matter who you are in life from Bill Gates, Michael Jordan, President Obama, the average joe on the street or a dope fiend, we all go through some type of storm in our lives. Some people turn to self destructive behaviors such as drugs, alcohol or gambling, others simply ignore their problems and hope they go away but I turn to God. Again I'm not saying that any particular God or religion is the right way to go because none of us on here no that but it is very reassuring to me that I can turn to a higher power for comfort in my time of need. Sorry to veer off topic but I just wanted to add my two cents. Carry on.

JustAlex
08-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I would venture to guess there's a fair number of atheists who hate religion. Some people equate that with hating God.
That's a very fair comment, and as you know I fall under the category of hating religion.

I've said it before, but I'll reiterate.

I like to use the example of Ex-Smokers.

A smoker who has been affected by smoking and decides to quit, he will usually resent smoking....NOT SMOKERS....But the principle of smoking.

Why?

Because he has seen the damage it does and he's got resentment for ever smoking in the first place.

If you look at the atheist community the biggest opponents of religion will always be ex-christians, ex-jews, ex-muslims, etc.

We lived through it, we saw the damages and now we deeply resent it.....not the people.....the ideology.

As for God.....If he exists, I deeply believe that he doesn't want to be worshiped, I believe a super being shouldn't be so petty as to want to be worshiped 24/7.

Imagine if you built a robot.....would you want it to worship you all day and night?

duwal
08-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Imagine if you built a robot.....would you want it to worship you all day and night?

only if it resembled one of the women in my fantasies :)

shrewsbury
08-08-2012, 04:46 PM
perhaps it is that people hate the thought of others believing in a god that they wold do something like this.

and when you get into the idea of satan running the world this can get very tricky, but plausible if you believe the God of the Bible.

duwal
08-08-2012, 04:52 PM
perhaps it is that people hate the thought of others believing in a god that they wold do something like this.

and when you get into the idea of satan running the world this can get very tricky, but plausible if you believe the God of the Bible.

no its more likely that someone who believed in a religion and did not agree with a different religion like theirs would do something like this. If athiests 'hate' the thought of others believing in god than they would distance themselves from it just like all of us would do with things we don't like. If someone can't stand baseball they're not going to go to a baseball game and yell baseball sucks. They're just going to not ever go to a game and ignore it if its on TV. If someone doesn't like a certain food they would avoid eating it. If athiests don't believe in god or religion then they certainly are not going to go into any form of church

JustAlex
08-08-2012, 04:53 PM
only if it resembled one of the women in my fantasies :)
haha....that would be awesome!