PDA

View Full Version : A hunch why Obama won't release his college records

mikesilvia
08-07-2012, 04:26 PM
This is by far the best article (http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/obama%E2%80%99s-college-classmate-the-obama-scandal-is-at-columbia/) on why Obama won't release his college transcripts. His main point is that Obama more than likely claimed to be a foreign exchange student from Indonesia to get a tuition break and rarely showed up to class. He also likely had ad grades and rarely showed up to class. Here are his main points:

If you could unseal Obama’s Columbia University records I believe you’d find that:

A) He rarely ever attended class.

B) His grades were not those typical of what we understand it takes to get into Harvard Law School.

C) He attended Columbia as a foreign exchange student.

D) He paid little for either undergraduate college or Harvard Law School because of foreign aid and scholarships given to a poor foreign students like this kid Barry Soetoro from Indonesia.

Can anyone think of a reason why President Obama would seal any and everything having to do with his college years?

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Same reason Romney's not releasing his tax returns. There's no benefit to Obama releasing them other than to end the speculation. Once they're released speculation stops and fact twisting starts. Personally, I'd like to see neither release the records in an act of middle finger raising to the media, who are the ones continuing this nonsense.

duwal
08-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Can anyone think of a reason why President Obama would seal any and everything having to do with his college years?

Three words: Beer Pong Champion!!

mikesilvia
08-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Seriously, though. Would you guys think differently if our President claimed he was an international student to get a tuition break? Or never showed up to class. Seems that Bush's grades were pretty important to Democrats when he ran.

Or do we just not care because he's a Democrat?

ensbergcollector
08-07-2012, 04:47 PM
both bush and mccain's grades were used against them in campaigns which is the only reason it bothers me that obama won't release his own. you can't attack someone else on a topic that you are hiding.

duwal
08-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Seriously, though. Would you guys think differently if our President claimed he was an international student to get a tuition break? Or never showed up to class. Seems that Bush's grades were pretty important to Democrats when he ran.

I'd say I don't care because school smarts doesn't equal real world smarts so I don't really feel the need to know about someones grades or attendance records when it comes to someone in the political field.

Wickabee
08-07-2012, 04:53 PM

Well, no matter who we're talking about, it's not my President (I have a funny anecdote about that, actually) but when I asked what was expected to be found in his records, that one struck a chord. If it came out that that's what happened, I would think less of Obama. I could say something like "He was a lot younger" or "He did what he had to do" and I wouldn't be incorrect, but it's still wrong. That said, does it effect how I think of him as a President? No, just as it wouldn't if he were a Rep.

His grades and attendance, I do not care about. I have one report card saved from high school where I have perfect attendance for the term in one class and got a solid C-. A little further down is a class where I missed literally half the classes, but was riding a solid 95% A. So that's all meaningless to me. The misuse of funds though, that would bring him down a peg. But, as I think I see where this is going, I don't think it means that he would misuse taxpayer money because of that.

pspstatus
08-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, no matter who we're talking about, it's not my President (I have a funny anecdote about that, actually) but when I asked what was expected to be found in his records, that one struck a chord. If it came out that that's what happened, I would think less of Obama. I could say something like "He was a lot younger" or "He did what he had to do" and I wouldn't be incorrect, but it's still wrong. That said, does it effect how I think of him as a President? No, just as it wouldn't if he were a Rep.

His grades and attendance, I do not care about. I have one report card saved from high school where I have perfect attendance for the term in one class and got a solid C-. A little further down is a class where I missed literally half the classes, but was riding a solid 95% A. So that's all meaningless to me. The misuse of funds though, that would bring him down a peg. But, as I think I see where this is going, I don't think it means that he would misuse taxpayer money because of that.

I agree with this. I don't care so much about his grades. I consider myself to be intelligent but I didn't always take school seriously. But if he claimed to be a foreign student when he wasn't to get extra money for school, I think that's obviously wrong and I would be disappointed.

mrveggieman
08-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I'd say I don't care because school smarts doesn't equal real world smarts so I don't really feel the need to know about someones grades or attendance records when it comes to someone in the political field.

Exactly who in the hell cares. He was obviously smart enough to get his degrees, pass the bar exam and have several years of public service under his belt so the man knows what he's doing. How far are these republicans going to go. Are they going to go back to his kindegarten days and try to throw him under the bus for calling another student names? Or better yet should he be expelled for getting into a fist fight in the second grade?

ensbergcollector
08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Exactly who in the hell cares. He was obviously smart enough to get his degrees, pass the bar exam and have several years of public service under his belt so the man knows what he's doing. How far are these republicans going to go. Are they going to go back to his kindegarten days and try to throw him under the bus for calling another student names? Or better yet should he be expelled for getting into a fist fight in the second grade?

really? i would say a presidential candidate threatening lawsuits of universities if they dare unseal his records means he wants to hide something. how is that equal to "going back to kindergarten?"

habsheaven
08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Here's my take on it:

A) He rarely ever attended class.

Yeah so what? Apparently he golfs too much now.

B) His grades were not those typical of what we understand it takes to get into Harvard Law School.

Is this an implication that he had some kind of influence over admissions when he was an unknown foreign exchange student? Or is it a bigger conspiracy? I don't get the point of this.

C) He attended Columbia as a foreign exchange student.

If he wasn't living outside the US when he applied would that not make him a foreign exchange student? Does anyone know what qualifies as a foreign exchange student? Would a military brat growing up on an American base in Germany qualify? Anyone know? Or is the claim of being a foreign student somehow an admission that he is not an American?

D) He paid little for either undergraduate college or Harvard Law School because of foreign aid and scholarships given to a poor foreign students like this kid Barry Soetoro from Indonesia.

Same response as the other statement. Can he qualify as a foreign exchange student even though he is an American living abroad?

tpeichel
08-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Breitbart had an article about how Obama has changed his persona to use to his advantage throughout his life. An example they selected was a 1991 publishing bio that said Obama was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. It's most likely that the sealed records would confirm that he did use this alternative persona during his college years.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/17/The-Vetting-Barack-Obama-Literary-Agent-1991-Born-in-Kenya-Raised-Indonesia-Hawaii

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.

Dystel did not respond to numerous requests for comment, via email and telephone. Her assistant told Breitbart News that Dystel "does not answer questions about Obama."

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts (http://ironicsurrealism.com/2012/03/14/obama-1990-interview-were-going-to-reshape-mean-spirited-america/) of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii (http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/06/us/first-black-elected-to-head-harvard-s-law-review.html).

The biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama--or the people representing and supporting him--manipulate his public persona.

David Maraniss's forthcoming biography of Obama has reportedly confirmed (http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/06/young-barack-obama-in-love-david-maraniss), for example, that a girlfriend Obama described in Dreams from My Father was, in fact, an amalgam of several separate individuals.

In addition, Obama and his handlers have a history of redefining his identity when expedient. In March 2008, for example, he famously declared (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/18/obama-race-speech-read-th_n_92077.html): "I can no more disown [Jeremiah Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother."

Several weeks later, Obama left (http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/01/nation/na-obama1) Wright's church--and, according to Edward Klein's new biography, The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House (http://www.amazon.com/The-Amateur-Barack-Obama-White/dp/1455134767), allegedly attempted to persuade Wright not to "do any more public speaking until after the November [2008] election" (51).

Obama has been known frequently to fictionalize aspects of his own life. During his 2008 campaign, for instance, Obama claimed that his dying mother had fought with insurance companies over coverage for her cancer treatments.

That turned out to be untrue, but Obama has repeated (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/the-road-weve-traveled-a-misleading-account-of-obamas-mother-and-her-insurance-dispute/2012/03/18/gIQAdDd4KS_blog.html) the story--which even the Washington Post called "misleading"--in a campaign video for the 2012 election.

The Acton & Dystel biography could also reflect how Obama was seen by his associates, or transitions in his own identity. He is said, for instance, to have cultivated an "international (http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/06/young-barack-obama-in-love-david-maraniss)" identity until well into his adulthood, according to Maraniss.

Regardless of the reason for Obama's odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama--who, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media.

habsheaven
08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
What part of the media isn't the "mainstream media"? Why are they not unravelling the "mystery"? Perhaps Americans have had more important things to deal with over the past 4 years?

tpeichel
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Obama was the perfect PC, liberal candidate so of course the mainstream media didn't dig into his past like they did with Palin who had people swarming through her trash, etc.

habsheaven
08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I assume you read my last post and chose not to answer any of the questions I posed?

mrveggieman
08-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Obama has been known frequently to fictionalize aspects of his own life. During his 2008 campaign, for instance, Obama claimed that his dying mother had fought with insurance companies over coverage for her cancer treatments.

Wrong again. President Obama's mother is alive and well. It is his grandmother who passed away. If you conservatives are going to lie about the president at least get your lies right.

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I assume you read my last post and chose not to answer any of the questions I posed?

It happens a lot around here. I find the conservative posters to be worse for it, overall. That is not to say all conservatives here are guilty.

habsheaven
08-08-2012, 02:50 PM
It happens a lot around here. I find the conservative posters to be worse for it, overall. That is not to say all conservatives here are guilty.

I know. Sometimes I have to wonder if I am on ignore, lol. I post a comment and it doesn't get a single response, or I post a comment and the thread dies entirely. lol Actually when the thread dies entirely I walk away thinking that I left them speechless. I could only hope that it left them re-assessing their opinion on the subject but that would be very naive. lol

mikesilvia
08-08-2012, 03:37 PM
I know. Sometimes I have to wonder if I am on ignore, lol. I post a comment and it doesn't get a single response, or I post a comment and the thread dies entirely. lol Actually when the thread dies entirely I walk away thinking that I left them speechless. I could only hope that it left them re-assessing their opinion on the subject but that would be very naive. lol

Maybe because 100% of the time you defend one party regardless of the facts? Your responses usually mock people or the serious questions people ask. You rarely reply seriously and simply dismiss anything people put up.

I back up a lot of Republican arguments, but check my replies you will see I'm fine with gay marriage, pro-legalizing pot, not completely against abortion, etc. I'm independent and get a lot of flak for it. I'm also an atheist so none of the religious arguments fly with me. I have a bias and admit it. I have a lot of Democrats that I like and think there are a lot of fine Democrats in America with great ideas. You and many other have not a single thing good to say about Republicans and blindly support Democrat arguments. There are many Republicans on here that do the same.

If you disagree with people 100% of the time, they tend to stop providing inputs. Just some of my insight, which I'm sure you'll find worthless. :)

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Maybe because 100% of the time you defend one party regardless of the facts? Your responses usually mock people or the serious questions people ask. You rarely reply seriously and simply dismiss anything people put up.

I back up a lot of Republican arguments, but check my replies you will see I'm fine with gay marriage, pro-legalizing pot, not completely against abortion, etc. I'm independent and get a lot of flak for it. I'm also an atheist so none of the religious arguments fly with me. I have a bias and admit it. I have a lot of Democrats that I like and think there are a lot of fine Democrats in America with great ideas. You and many other have not a single thing good to say about Republicans and blindly support Democrat arguments. There are many Republicans on here that do the same.

If you disagree with people 100% of the time, they tend to stop providing inputs. Just some of my insight, which I'm sure you'll find worthless. :)

Well, I have the same problem as him and, while I definitely lean left, I try to take the left to task when I see fit. So what's my problem?

Also, am I the only one who finds it just a little bit odd that marijuana legalization or even medical marijuana never come up in here?

mrveggieman
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, I have the same problem as him and, while I definitely lean left, I try to take the left to task when I see fit. So what's my problem?

Also, am I the only one who finds it just a little bit odd that marijuana legalization or even medical marijuana never come up in here?

I just did.

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threads/1725518-marijuana-legalization-are-your-for-or-against-it?p=11933838#post11933838

shrewsbury
08-08-2012, 04:57 PM
if legalizing anything will get our economy going again, then go for it, but i doubt it will have any real effect.

i am at the point, where gay marriage, pot, abortions, and other things mean about nothing to me, the economy is the answer to all our problems.

when we can get back to having more than 3/4 of americans working, I might care about other subjects, but they are time killers right now.

I have to admit the dems have been great at getting the focus of the economy and on to other things, but whether Obama or not, someone needs to step up and get things done with the economy. we can get back to fighting about the rest later.

habsheaven
08-08-2012, 05:54 PM

That's too funny. I'm black and white, and you just happen to be 50 shades of gray. How convenient. (Ooops I'm mocking you) Tough cookie! I do not disagree with people 100% of the time. I pick and choose which threads to respond to. You continually post opinion pieces that are completely skewed and inaccurate. Someone has to offer a voice of reason to the ridiculous arguments presented on here by the right. I offer perspective, I ask questions regarding the accusations presented. On most occasions the questions go unanswered because to answer them honestly would hurt someone's attack on Obama. I will continue to post what I think is pertinent, you can continue to ignore (run and hide) it. I really don't care. So far it has been effective in ending most of the ridiculous threads that get started.

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Mike, I'm closer to disagreeing with people 100% of the time than Habs is, and even I don't disagree with anyone 100% of the time. Even if he did, is that not his right? Or are you saying he should change his view because people here don't agree with them?

habsheaven
08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Mike, I'm closer to disagreeing with people 100% of the time than Habs is, and even I don't disagree with anyone 100% of the time. Even if he did, is that not his right? Or are you saying he should change his view because people here don't agree with them?

Wickabee, he isn't implying I don't have a right to argue 100% of the time. He was simply trying to throw an insult at me because I have been giving him a hard time on the Harry Reid thread.

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Wickabee, he isn't implying I don't have a right to argue 100% of the time. He was simply trying to throw an insult at me because I have been giving him a hard time on the Harry Reid thread.

That's not what I got. I understood it as, "change your views or no one will talk to you".

Different interpretations, I suppose. He'll have to let us know whether he was just insulting you, or really thinks you should leave because people disagree with you.