PDA

View Full Version : Serious question for Atheists

ALADOG
08-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Aren't you just striving to be different so you can garner the attention you missed out on as a child and so desparately desire now. It appears that way from someone looking from the outside.

Rockman
08-07-2012, 11:48 PM
Aren't you just striving to be different so you can garner the attention you missed out on as a child and so desparately desire now. It appears that way from someone looking from the outside.

As an Atheist I feel I can speak for all of us when I say, you are exactly right. Nailed us all, good for you.

pspstatus
08-07-2012, 11:51 PM
I got tons of attention when I was a child.

Here is a counter that's just as friendly as your query. Aren't you just putting all your faith in a supernatural being or religion as a crutch because you don't have enough faith in yourself to stand tall, do what's right, or have to think too hard about anything?

ALADOG
08-07-2012, 11:56 PM
I got tons of attention when I was a child.

Here is a counter that's just as friendly as your query. Aren't you just putting all your faith in a supernatural being or religion as a crutch because you don't have enough faith in yourself to stand tall, do what's right, or have to think too hard about anything?

I had a serious question. ANd as usual liberals have to have a trite response. But to tanswer your question, religion, specifically Christianity, provides me the most logical answers to the universe and my surrundigs.

pspstatus
08-08-2012, 12:05 AM
I had a serious question. ANd as usual liberals have to have a trite response. But to tanswer your question, religion, specifically Christianity, provides me the most logical answers to the universe and my surrundigs.

Are you serious? First of all your question is not a serious legitimate question. It's a way to antagonize people you have an obvious distate for. But I answered your question seriously saying that I got plenty of attention as a child so no I am not looking to be different by not believing in religion. Clear enough?

ALADOG
08-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Are you serious? First of all your question is not a serious legitimate question. It's a way to antagonize people you have an obvious distate for. But I answered your question seriously saying that I got plenty of attention as a child so no I am not looking to be different by not believing in religion. Clear enough?

You are the only one in the conversation being hostile. I couldn't care less about your personal belief system. I fully understand that you have made your decision and I will not change you. I can only hope that you have a conversion similar to Wiliam Murray O'Hair (sp).

pspstatus
08-08-2012, 12:13 AM
You are the only one in the conversation being hostile. I couldn't care less about your personal belief system. I fully understand that you have made your decision and I will not change you. I can only hope that you have a conversion similar to Wiliam Murray O'Hair (sp).

Dude your original post is nothing but hostile. And obviously you do care about my personal belief system and that of other atheists because if you didn't you wouldn't have asked the question.

ALADOG
08-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Dude your original post is nothing but hostile. And obviously you do care about my personal belief system and that of other atheists because if you didn't you wouldn't have asked the question.

You might want to join the carnival as you apparently have the ability to read minds.

pspstatus
08-08-2012, 12:19 AM
You might want to join the carnival as you apparently have the ability to read minds.

Why did you ask the question if not because you wanted to know why atheists see things the way they do?

boba
08-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure why you would expect serious responces after starting a thread like this.

ALADOG
08-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Why did you ask the question if not because you wanted to know why atheists see things the way they do?

I am curious as to why anyone would choose to "swim upstream" for life. I look at history and see
so many men, smarter than me, that chose to believe. The logical reason to me is that the person is seeking attention, whether it be consciously or sub consciously. I understand that you are defensive by nature but I was not being hostile at all.

JustAlex
08-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Are you serious?

My parents are devout Christians and they gave me plenty of attention.

But you know why I'm an atheist today?

Because there is no evidence for the Christian God or any god whatsoever.

As an Atheist I feel I can speak for all of us when I say, you are exactly right. Nailed us all, good for you.
HAHAHAHA! :sign0020:

pspstatus
08-08-2012, 12:29 AM
I am curious as to why anyone would choose to "swim upstream" for life. I look at history and see
so many men, smarter than me, that chose to believe. The logical reason to me is that the person is seeking attention, whether it be consciously or sub consciously. I understand that you are defensive by nature but I was not being hostile at all.

Exactly because you care.

And man I'm going to tell you right now to watch what you say to me. I've been nothing but respectful to you. So excuse yourself from saying anything concerning my nature which is something you know absolutely nothing about.

JustAlex
08-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Aladog.....since you brought up this issue, let's play a quick game.

I believe in the "ghost that never lies", he told me that all religions on earth are false and there are no such things as gods.

And since he can't lie, he must be saying the truth.

Now, I'm sure you must be thinking this is pure nonsense, but here's the thing......only I can see and talk to the Ghost that never lies, but you have to have FAITH that I'm telling you the truth.

Also, I wrote a book about the Ghost that never lies, in it I lay down all his revelations (and remember since he can't lie, it's all truth!).

So, there you go.....I just disproved God and every religion on earth.

Wickabee
08-08-2012, 12:42 AM

As a believer in God who didn't get enough attention, I am quite insulted.

theonedru
08-08-2012, 12:51 AM

I will answer your ridiculous question with this insurmountable fact that cannot be denied

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg244/TheOneDru/the-end-of-all-ice-giants.jpg

Tivo32
08-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Aladog.....since you brought up this issue, let's play a quick game.

I believe in the "ghost that never lies", he told me that all religions on earth are false and there are no such things as gods.

And since he can't lie, he must be saying the truth.

Now, I'm sure you must be thinking this is pure nonsense, but here's the thing......only I can see and talk to the Ghost that never lies, but you have to have FAITH that I'm telling you the truth.

Also, I wrote a book about the Ghost that never lies, in it I lay down all his revelations (and remember since he can't lie, it's all truth!).

So, there you go.....I just disproved God and every religion on earth.

Hey Alex, I get that you are no longer a Christian and you feel like there is no evidence to prove God, but there is a way to dispute the OP's ridiculousness (new word, I claim trademark rights) without insulting what others may believe.

duwal
08-08-2012, 02:18 AM

that is pretty insulting to try and say that someone who considers themselves to be an athiest is doing so to try and get attention or somehow desperately desires to get some because they were neglected to get some when they were young. An athiest is someone who sees things more realistically than spiritually, who doesn't believe any experience that happens in life is because of a spirit that helped provide the answers but moreso directly because of their actions and their actions alone. I'm a 35 year old Republican attorney that makes 7 figures a year, has always had a great relationship with my family especially my grandparents and has done better in life than I could have ever dreamed of and none of it had anything to do with god. You can say what you want but that is what I believe and I absolutely have that right to do so

theonedru
08-08-2012, 04:00 AM
2. two things make me question why we bother with this guy

1. As others have stated he just flat out insulted a lot of people here with this thread made to basically just flame people.

2. What kind of a person hangs out on a sports card trading site and never makes trades?

MadMan1978
08-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Closed this thread I see no reason for this thread
other then to ambush other users.