PDA

View Full Version : Corporations are people.....Sure, just look how heartless they are!

JustAlex
08-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Willard "Mittens" Romney (Who has still not provided his tax information or BIRTH Certificate for that matter) famously said that "Corporations are People...".

Well, let's suppose he's right, check out the way these "People" treat others:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/wells-fargo-yovany-gonzalez_n_1751461.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

"Wells Fargo allegedly fired an employee because his dying daughter needed expensive cancer treatment, according to a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Court on Thursday.

Wells Fargo fired mortgage consultant Yovany Gonzalez three days before his daughter Mackenzie was scheduled to get cancer surgery in August of 2010.... According to the suit, the hospital canceled the surgery because Mackenzie no longer was covered by health insurance. She died of cancer in March of 2011."

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/719963/thumbs/s-WELLS-FARGO-YOVANY-GONZALEZ-large.jpg

But remember guys.....Corporations are people, because clearly people act in such a ruthless, cold hearted, unforgiving manner where profits are always more important than life.

shrewsbury
08-09-2012, 09:44 AM
The suit doesn't link Mr. Gonzalez's ouster - and his policy's cancellation - to his daughter's demise, as a Good Samaritan charity subsequently spotted him a year's health coverage under COBRA, a lawyer for Mr Gonzalez reportedly said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2185284/Lawsuit-Wells-Fargo-fired-dead-daughters-terminal-cancer-cost-fight-company-health-care-plan.html#ixzz233JIDmX7

[QUOTE]According to the lawsuit, Wells Fargo claimed Mr. Gonzalez was fired because he allegedly handed in falsified time records.
Mr. Gonzalez countered that allegation, claiming in court documents that his manager inputted his time sheets into the company system, and told him he could always recollect payment for the extra hours he worked.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2185284/Lawsuit-Wells-Fargo-fired-dead-daughters-terminal-cancer-cost-fight-company-health-care-plan.html#ixzz233JeR3sY[QUOTE]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2185284/Lawsuit-Wells-Fargo-fired-dead-daughters-terminal-cancer-cost-fight-company-health-care-plan.html

JustAlex
08-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Who fires someone over a time card???

I hope Wells Fargo BURNS to the ground!!!

Only in America can something like this happen.....ONLY IN AMERICA!

AUTaxMan
08-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Corporations do no good at all. Only bad.

Also, just because someone files a lawsuit doesn't mean that they are telling the truth or have a legitimate claim.

Not surprised that you would assume the worst of the corporation, however.

shrewsbury
08-09-2012, 06:29 PM
alex,
You talk about religions or people on the right extreme?

and what about all the people that work for them and families that depend on that paycheck?

who would fire someone over a time sheet, I guess anyone who values the truthfulness of their employees. And are we talking a few hours one time, a few hours a bunch of times, or a whole lot of hours all the time?

and it happens not only in america, just we are the ones with a conscious enough to say something about it.

JustAlex
Not surprised that you would assume the worst of the corporation, however.
Yeah, I forget all the good corporations have done to America......LIKE:

Shipping jobs overseas.

Paying horrible wages despite making BILLIONS in profit (Walmart)

Trying everything possible to hide their assets.

shrewsbury
alex,

and what about all the people that work for them and families that depend on that paycheck?

who would fire someone over a time sheet, I guess anyone who values the truthfulness of their employees. And are we talking a few hours one time, a few hours a bunch of times, or a whole lot of hours all the time?

and it happens not only in america, just we are the ones with a conscious enough to say something about it.

JustAlex
08-09-2012, 06:32 PM
alex,
It's Metephorical, I'm not talking about actually burning a building to the ground, but I'd definitely would be pleased if they along MOST other big banks went away!

This is what they do.....profits over human lives!

Wickabee
08-09-2012, 06:32 PM
alex,

Yes. Ask anyone how they would describe Americans in two words and they will say "conscious thought".

Give it a rest. I know you love youd country but that doesn't mean you have to insult the rest of the world.

duwal
08-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Who fires someone over a time card???

Only in America can something like this happen.....ONLY IN AMERICA!

actually people can get let go because of falsified time on just about any job. I know my law firm has let people go because they did not accurately dictate their time. If you're going to do something shady like that at your workplace you should be let go.

JustAlex
08-09-2012, 07:18 PM
actually people can get let go because of falsified time on just about any job. I know my law firm has let people go because they did not accurately dictate their time. If you're going to do something shady like that at your workplace you should be let go.
In the article they said the following:

"Wells Fargo claimed to fire Gonzalez because he allegedly had falsified his time records, according to the lawsuit. But his supervisor had input the time records and said it was fine that he could not always remember the exact hours he worked, the lawsuit says. "

Wickabee
08-09-2012, 07:26 PM
In the article they said the following:

"Wells Fargo claimed to fire Gonzalez because he allegedly had falsified his time records, according to the lawsuit. But his supervisor had input the time records and said it was fine that he could not always remember the exact hours he worked, the lawsuit says. "

That does bring up some questions. And duwal, I hope you know timekeeping is more important in a law firm as you're charging based on that time. I realize it's the same at its heart, but I know how accurate my time card is is less important than a lawyer's.

shrewsbury
08-09-2012, 10:01 PM
wickabee, you seem to think i am always posting about you. i was talking about china, iraq, and other places, not dear old canada,you guys are literally connected to us, and we all live in north america!!!!

I don't have the time to describe everything in exact detail, so if I am speaking to you I will use "wickabee" like I always have.

and i love how you have to always add what the world thinks of the USA.

Wickabee
08-09-2012, 11:47 PM

Since we're not a state, I figured we weren't included in "we". My bad.

No need to insult everybody but Canada.

shrewsbury
08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
wickabbe, no need to take everything as an insult to you or yours.

ensbergcollector
08-10-2012, 11:12 AM
can we please stop having threads where someone has filed a lawsuit so we have to act like their version of the story is 100% accurate? If it turns out to be true, I hope wellsfargo pays out the nose but enough with hearing one side of the story and assuming it is completely accurate.

i get discussing the topic

Wickabee
08-10-2012, 11:55 AM
wickabbe, no need to take everything as an insult to you or yours.

umm, the rest of the world isn't me or mine, so this comment makes no sense whatsoever.

shrewsbury
08-10-2012, 12:09 PM
wickabee, you love to argue, no need for it, I have moved on. Like I said when I am addressing you or yours, I will start with "wickaee"

Wickabee
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
wickabee, you love to argue, no need for it, I have moved on. Like I said when I am addressing you or yours, I will start with "wickaee"

I'd prefer you spelled it right, but I'm not arguing to argue. You're trying to tell me I have vested interest in the entire world outside Canada. I don't. I just don't see a need for you to insult everyone outside the US and Canada by saying they have less of a conscience than we do. Come one, man, you're smarter than all this.