PDA

View Full Version : Liberals' Secret Weapon: Republicans Who Don't Read

mikesilvia
08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Fifty years from now, everyone will agree that Karl Rove committed treason by revealing the identity of CIA "spy" Valerie Plame, tea partiers shouted the N-word at a black congressman and Duke lacrosse...

More... (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2012/08/08/liberals_secret_weapon_republicans_who_dont_read)

pghin08
08-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Fifty years from now, everyone will agree that Karl Rove committed treason by revealing the identity of CIA "spy" Valerie Plame, tea partiers shouted the N-word at a black congressman and Duke lacrosse...

More... (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2012/08/08/liberals_secret_weapon_republicans_who_dont_read)

Wow. 2 reactions:

1. Did I really just read a column where someone defended Joseph McCarthy?

2. I'm going to say this right now. If Ann Coulter is indicative of the new Republican movement (and I'm unfortunately inclined to believe she is), they're in for a world of trouble. If the new Republicans are going to call conservative stalwarts like George Will and Charles Krauthammer on to the carpet (two guys with whom I often disagree, but can totally recognize their brilliance), they've gone so far to the right that they'll fall off the spectrum soon. They've already pretty much disavowed guys like David Frum, who is about as logical and reasonable as they come. This scares me, legitimately. And it should scare moderate Republicans everywhere.

mikesilvia
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow. 2 reactions:

1. Did I really just read a column where someone defended Joseph McCarthy?

2. I'm going to say this right now. If Ann Coulter is indicative of the new Republican movement (and I'm unfortunately inclined to believe she is), they're in for a world of trouble. If the new Republicans are going to call conservative stalwarts like George Will and Charles Krauthammer on to the carpet (two guys with whom I often disagree, but can totally recognize their brilliance), they've gone so far to the right that they'll fall off the spectrum soon. They've already pretty much disavowed guys like David Frum, who is about as logical and reasonable as they come. This scares me, legitimately. And it should scare moderate Republicans everywhere.

It's a RSS feed. I'm feeding conservative (Townhall) and liberal (Huffington Post) into the forum for the political season.

Wickabee
08-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Re: Republicans who don't read

There sure are enough of them. Look at some of the replies to my posts.

mrveggieman
08-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Re: Republicans who don't read

There sure are enough of them. Look at some of the replies to my posts.

Post of the day. :smokin: