PDA

View Full Version : GOP Insider: How Religion Destroyed My Party

MadMan1978
08-11-2012, 08:38 AM
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/gop-insider-how-religion-destroyed-my-party?paging=off

JustAlex
08-11-2012, 03:02 PM
To be perfectly fair.....it should be how EXTREMIST Christianity ruined my party.

Which it has!

The GOP is a JOKE to everyone but themselves, the Tea Party is such an extreme fringe group they actually managed to make a regular Republican look "moderate".

I've NEVER like the GOP , but these last 4 years they have become DETESTABLE and completely INSUFFERABLE!

pspstatus
08-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Very interesting read.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-11-2012, 04:21 PM
To be perfectly fair.....it should be how EXTREMIST Christianity ruined my party.

Which it has!

The GOP is a JOKE to everyone but themselves, the Tea Party is such an extreme fringe group they actually managed to make a regular Republican look "moderate".

I've NEVER like the GOP , but these last 4 years they have become DETESTABLE and completely INSUFFERABLE!
What about the tea party makes them an "extreme fringe group" , Freedom of speech, the right to life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To bad that's what the democratic party of today is not about .

mrveggieman
08-13-2012, 10:24 AM
What about the tea party makes them an "extreme fringe group" , Freedom of speech, the right to life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To bad that's what the democratic party of today is not about .

On one hand they scream freedom of speech (1st amdnement) but let someone attempt to build a mosque so they can exercise their right to freedom of religion (also in the 1st amendment) and somehow the tea party gets quiet as a church mouse.

cbuskstwar
08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Do the dumbacrats think the tea party stopped a mosque from being built? I guess so since the believe Romney retroactively gave a women cancer and killed her, they will believe anything.

mrveggieman
08-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Do the dumbacrats think the tea party stopped a mosque from being built? I guess so since the believe Romney retroactively gave a women cancer and killed her, they will believe anything.

The legally can't but it wont stop them from trying.

cbuskstwar
08-13-2012, 11:14 AM
I think your reaching a little

The legally can't but it wont stop them from trying.

*censored*
08-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Dumbacrats, eh?

Okay Birch Barlow...

MadMan1978
08-13-2012, 12:03 PM

First the teapublicans would do that very thing doesn't they fear Muslims...

Wickabee
08-13-2012, 12:18 PM

You believe Romney "retroactively" retired from Bane, right?
You do realize there's no such thing as "retroactive retirement" right? He was there or he wasn't...unless he wanted to run for President, I suppose.

pghin08
08-13-2012, 12:57 PM
This doesn't surprise me. The rise of the religious right did this in the 1970s, and the resurgence of the Tea Party (which has become heavily rooted in religion) is doing this to a lot of great conservative minds now. Just off the top of my head, some of the great classic Republican minds that have been cast out of this modern iteration of the "Republican" party include: David Frum, Lofgren, George Will, Dick Lugar (who lost his Senate seat in large part because his opponent accused him of "working with Democrats"--how awful!) and tons more. I thought with the nomination of Mitt Romney (or presumptive nomination, I guess), it was a big win for moderate Republicans everywhere. In watching who Romney has turned into over the past couple months, I think I was wrong.

*censored*
08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
I thought with the nomination of Mitt Romney (or presumptive nomination, I guess), it was a big win for moderate Republicans everywhere. In watching who Romney has turned into over the past couple months, I think I was wrong.

See also McCain, John - 2008.