PDA

View Full Version : 3 reported dead in shooting near Texas A&M campus

mrveggieman
08-13-2012, 04:22 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/report-shooter-apprehended-near-texas-m-campus-183653265.html

JustAlex
08-13-2012, 04:44 PM
OH really.....I'm so shocked!!!

Oh wait....No I'm not, I live in America where this is normal.

andrewhoya
08-13-2012, 05:19 PM
I think this is starting to become a weekly occurrence.

JustAlex
08-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Of course no one is talking about this....who cares!

Who cares about the victims....It's just another shooting, just another day in gun happy 'Murica!

I said it after the Colorado shooting, I said it after the Sikh shooting, and I'll say it again.....it won't be long until the next shooting.....who knows maybe tomorrow.

11chaos
08-14-2012, 03:38 AM
Crazies follow crazies. This is a problem of being so PC in the first place. No one wants to take ownership of anything, so you end up having people not being accountable for their actions, hugs distributed and trophies handed out.

joee5
08-14-2012, 04:17 AM
these shootings need to stop

11chaos
08-14-2012, 04:42 AM
It also seems like that these shooters have had mental problems, which means they should never been able to buy in the first place

mrveggieman
08-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Suspect indentified as Thomas Cafall a conservative christian republican with mental issues.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/thomas-caffall-texas-am-shooting_n_1774282.html

habsheaven
08-14-2012, 07:59 AM
I got the impression that this shooting falls more along the lines of "your infringing on my rights so I am going to defend myself by escalating the situation with a firearm". IMO, a much more frequent and dangerous situation than the odd "crazed gunman" incident that we have seen recently.

ensbergcollector
08-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Suspect indentified as Thomas Cafall a conservative christian republican with mental issues.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/thomas-caffall-texas-am-shooting_n_1774282.html

the guy lists himself as "having christian beliefs" on facebook and you feel the need to make sure everyone knows he is a conservative christian republican? that's what matters to you? anytime there is a shooting, your only concern is how you can make it political

andrewhoya
08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
the guy lists himself as "having christian beliefs" on facebook and you feel the need to make sure everyone knows he is a conservative christian republican? that's what matters to you? anytime there is a shooting, your only concern is how you can make it political
And do you expect anything different?

mrveggieman
08-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Isn't that the point of this sub forum is to discuss any and everything political? If the guy was a muslim from iran all of you conservatives would be all over it like flies on waste.

ensbergcollector
08-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Isn't that the point of this sub forum is to discuss any and everything political? If the guy was a muslim from iran all of you conservatives would be all over it like flies on waste.

sorry, i would be worried about the victims, not trying to politicize things hours later. but that's just me. and while you always throw out ridiculous statements like above, the funny thing is that that has never happened. it is only you who cares more about the persons facebook profile then anything else

mrveggieman
08-14-2012, 10:08 AM
sorry, i would be worried about the victims, not trying to politicize things hours later. but that's just me. and while you always throw out ridiculous statements like above, the funny thing is that that has never happened. it is only you who cares more about the persons facebook profile then anything else

Yes let me make it clear I would like to offer all of my thoughts prayers and best wishes to the victims and their families. May God comfort and protect them at their time of need. That being said there is a political aspect of extreme right wing thinking that cannot be ignored. Look at this guy, the noraway shooter, the wisc sikh shooter, etc. Am I the only one who is connecting the dots on here?

habsheaven
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes let me make it clear I would like to offer all of my thoughts prayers and best wishes to the victims and their families. May God comfort and protect them at their time of need. That being said there is a political aspect of extreme right wing thinking that cannot be ignored. Look at this guy, the noraway shooter, the wisc sikh shooter, etc. Am I the only one who is connecting the dots on here?

This is nothing like the Norway shooter or the Sihk shooter, or the Batman shooter for that matter.

ensbergcollector
08-14-2012, 10:20 AM

all they know about the shooter is what was on his facebook and that his mother said he has mental problems. how are you leaping from there to him being extreme right wing thinking?

mrveggieman
08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
This is nothing like the Norway shooter or the Sihk shooter, or the Batman shooter for that matter.

How could you say for sure? He may not have attacked civilians in a public place but he did have conservative republican christian views and he did shoot and kill innocent people. The officers that he shot were only serving him with an eviction notice. I also heard that he shot an innocent woman who did not have anything to do with the situation.

mrveggieman
08-14-2012, 10:23 AM
all they know about the shooter is what was on his facebook and that his mother said he has mental problems. how are you leaping from there to him being extreme right wing thinking?

Most people only put what they believe in on their facebook. Would you put liberal ideas on your facebook page?

ensbergcollector
08-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Most people only put what they believe in on their facebook. Would you put liberal ideas on your facebook page?

you are missing my point, on purpose i believe. his facebook says "christian." you take that and say he is an extreme right wing christian conservative republican. you seriously don't see the leap you made?

mrveggieman
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
you are missing my point, on purpose i believe. his facebook says "christian." you take that and say he is an extreme right wing christian conservative republican. you seriously don't see the leap you made?

So what are you trying to say? That there is no such thing as a christian extremist? Are you saying that this is normal christian behavior? You conservatives are quick to lump all muslims together as loons? Are you trying to suggest that all christians are loons also? If that's the case then I need to find a new religion ASAP. :thumb:

ensbergcollector
08-14-2012, 11:00 AM
So what are you trying to say? That there is no such thing as a christian extremist? Are you saying that this is normal christian behavior? You conservatives are quick to lump all muslims together as loons? Are you trying to suggest that all christians are loons also? If that's the case then I need to find a new religion ASAP. :thumb:

no, i am trying to figure out how you justify going from "christian" to christian right wing extremist conservative republican. how do you know he is a republican? how do you know he is an extremist? How do you know he is conservative? He most likely shot people because, as his mother said, he has mental problems. yet you are trying to link his violence with his political affiliation.

habsheaven
08-14-2012, 11:11 AM
How could you say for sure? He may not have attacked civilians in a public place but he did have conservative republican christian views and he did shoot and kill innocent people. The officers that he shot were only serving him with an eviction notice. I also heard that he shot an innocent woman who did not have anything to do with the situation.

I can say for sure because this guy was in his "perceived" home and only reacted when he felt threatened. The other three went out into the public domain and intentionally killed innocent people. They are completely different situations. The fact they all may have liked peanut butter, doesn't link the incidents. Neither should their beliefs link them.

mrveggieman
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
no, i am trying to figure out how you justify going from "christian" to christian right wing extremist conservative republican. how do you know he is a republican? how do you know he is an extremist? How do you know he is conservative? He most likely shot people because, as his mother said, he has mental problems. yet you are trying to link his violence with his political affiliation.

Im going by what the guy put on his facebook page. He likes glen beck as well as a page that says im not voting for obama in 2012. If that the work of a conservative republican then tell me what is.