PDA

View Full Version : A very important question about paul ryan

mrveggieman
08-15-2012, 09:04 AM
http://front.moveon.org/willy-wonka-has-an-important-question-about-paul-ryan/

pghin08
08-15-2012, 09:43 AM
When did people start caring so much about tax returns?

mrveggieman
08-15-2012, 09:52 AM

How can we trust some guy to help right our tax laws if he is not transparent about what he did with his own taxes?

pghin08
08-15-2012, 10:00 AM
How can we trust some guy to help right our tax laws if he is not transparent about what he did with his own taxes?

Yeah, but it's just like we're assuming that Paul Ryan is cheating on his taxes now. He just became a VP candidate a few days ago, the dust hasn't even settled yet. Plus, Paul Ryan is not in the financial league of Mitt Romney, not even close. Ryan has been a representative for 12 years, it's about the only job he's had in his adult life. We pretty much know how much money he made. I disagree with attacking Romney on his tax returns, but on some level I get why. This I don't understand at all.

mrveggieman
08-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah, but it's just like we're assuming that Paul Ryan is cheating on his taxes now. He just became a VP candidate a few days ago, the dust hasn't even settled yet. Plus, Paul Ryan is not in the financial league of Mitt Romney, not even close. Ryan has been a representative for 12 years, it's about the only job he's had in his adult life. We pretty much know how much money he made. I disagree with attacking Romney on his tax returns, but on some level I get why. This I don't understand at all.

You know the old saying birds of a feather flock together.....

pghin08
08-15-2012, 10:14 AM
You know the old saying birds of a feather flock together.....

I totally disagree. We don't know enough to pass judgement on anything. Given the fact that I know Paul Ryan's exact salary, I'm going to go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt. Paul Ryan is well off, but to imply that he's anywhere in the same league as Mitt Romney is way off-base.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 02:46 PM
You do realize that there are STILL people who think Obama's a Muslim Kenyan. Republicans really can't complain about unfounded claims. They're the masters.

pghin08
08-15-2012, 03:19 PM
You do realize that there are STILL people who think Obama's a Muslim Kenyan. Republicans really can't complain about unfounded claims. They're the masters.

There are also people that think George W. Bush orchestrated 9/11. Unfounded claims certainly aren't modern either.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 03:32 PM
There are also people that think George W. Bush orchestrated 9/11. Unfounded claims certainly aren't modern either.

I'd actually like to see the percentages of people who believe either one next to each other. I guarantee you more people believe the lies about Obama than the conspiracy theories about Bush.

pghin08
08-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I'd actually like to see the percentages of people who believe either one next to each other. I guarantee you more people believe the lies about Obama than the conspiracy theories about Bush.

You're probably right, but only because Obama is more timely. Bush has faded from the limelight since leaving office.

ensbergcollector
08-15-2012, 04:11 PM

do we want to do the dance of "we did it because they did it" or do we deal with things as they come? if something is wrong, it is wrong for everyone, even if someone did it first.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 04:12 PM
You're probably right, but only because Obama is more timely. Bush has faded from the limelight since leaving office.

I believe at each peak more people believed Obama was Kenyan, but there's no way of proving either way.

AUTaxMan
08-15-2012, 05:07 PM

When they stopped being able to argue policy.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
do we want to do the dance of "we did it because they did it" or do we deal with things as they come? if something is wrong, it is wrong for everyone, even if someone did it first.

That's not what I'm saying at all and I agree with you wholeheartedly. What I'm saying is Republicans have no room to complain when about getting what they constantly dish out.

Star_Cards
08-15-2012, 05:16 PM
I too don't get the tax return issue. Yes, we all want to know that our politicians are on the up and up when it comes to taxes, but I just don't get why its that big of a deal.

habsheaven
08-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I already explained why it's a big deal. Not going to bother again. Safe to say though the Dems keep pressing to see them and Romney keeps refusing to show them. Logically, that would imply that both camps think they are a big deal despite what the public think.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-15-2012, 08:00 PM
I already explained why it's a big deal. Not going to bother again. Safe to say though the Dems keep pressing to see them and Romney keeps refusing to show them. Logically, that would imply that both camps think they are a big deal despite what the public think.
The american people are more concerned with what Obama is doing with OUR tax dollars than what a presidential candidate does with his .

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 08:03 PM
The american people are more concerned with what Obama is doing with OUR tax dollars than what a presidential candidate does with his .

The issue is whether there are any Romney Tax Dollars. If he pays little to nothing because his money is in the Caymans, how can he be trusted to decide what everyone else pays in taxes.