PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Teleprompter: An Optional Accessory on the Road

mikesilvia
08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
WATERLOO, Iowa -- President Obama is not addicted to the teleprompter. He can kick the habit anytime he wants.Take his journey across the Hawkeye State, for instance: Two speeches Tuesday without the text machine, followed by a sunset event along Waterloo's Cedar River, assisted by the electronic gizmo some detractors have likened to a blankie for Obama.Fox News, in particular, has made much since 2009 of Obama’s prompter dependency, pointing out this month that wandering off-text led to the president’s “you didn’t build that”...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/08/15/obamas_teleprompter_an_optional_accessory_on_the_r oad_115112.html)

duwal
08-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I've never gotten why there are some that have always made a big deal about his use of a teleprompter

Star_Cards
08-15-2012, 01:49 PM
me either. have all other politicians not used a teleprompter when giving speeches?

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 01:55 PM
But guys! It prooves that...that...he can read, I guess.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-15-2012, 06:57 PM
The man can't hold a conversation without a telepromter. Look at his comments off promter he can't talk without Uhh,uhh, uhh, well,uhh. Cmon you know why he his called the telepromter president .

drtom2005
08-15-2012, 06:59 PM
The man can't hold a conversation without a telepromter. Look at his comments off promter he can't talk without Uhh,uhh, uhh, well,uhh. Cmon you know why he his called the telepromter president .

And Bush couldn't pronounce anything. The uh,well means his is thinking about his responses. Uh, sometimes, a good response needs some, umm, thought.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
The man can't hold a conversation without a telepromter.
Of course, you have personal experience to be able to say this right?

Look at his comments off promter he can't talk without Uhh,uhh, uhh, well,uhh. Cmon you know why he his called the telepromter president .
True, but he does the "uh, uh, uh" when he's on prompter too.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 07:01 PM
And Bush couldn't pronounce anything. The uh,well means his is thinking about his responses. Uh, sometimes, a good response needs some, umm, thought.

Don't misunderestimate the powerfulness of a well propositioned "uh".

drtom2005
08-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't misunderestimate the powerfulness of a well propositioned "uh".

I have no idea Wickabee, no linguistics training. I defer to your opinion.

JustAlex
08-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I've never gotten why there are some that have always made a big deal about his use of a teleprompter
The same reason they make a big deal about EVERYTHING in his life.

When you HATE someone you find everything to nit pick.....and trust me, this isn't simple disagreement that SOME republicans have with Obama, this is PURE Hatred.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Of course, you have personal experience to be able to say this right?

True, but he does the "uh, uh, uh" when he's on prompter too.

http://youtu.be/T_AAMa_X2dM

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 07:45 AM
The same reason they make a big deal about EVERYTHING in his life.

When you HATE someone you find everything to nit pick.....and trust me, this isn't simple disagreement that SOME republicans have with Obama, this is PURE Hatred.

Sad but true. I actually feel bad for people who have that much hatred in their heart to hate someone for something trivial such as their race, religion or sexual preference. People like that are battling demons and need some serious prayer.

duwal
08-16-2012, 01:56 PM

a weakness in public speaking or speaking in front of crowds has nothing to do with someone's lack of intelligence. I mean you are talking about how he can't talk without it yet you failed all three times in your short post to spell teleprompter correctly. But seeing that shouldn't have someone automatically say 'wow it would be hard to understand a conversation with intimidator' because the errors or struggles like that do not define how intelligent someone might be

duwal
08-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Sad but true. I actually feel bad for people who have that much hatred in their heart to hate someone for something trivial such as their race, religion or sexual preference. People like that are battling demons and need some serious prayer.

people can say the same about yourself and your hatred for police officers though

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 02:20 PM
people can say the same about yourself and your hatred for police officers though

Some but not all police have a doccumented history of abusing people because they carry a gun and a badge and covering it up. So people have a good reason to be suspicious of police if not down right not like them. Being black, gay, jewish, muslim, etc dosen't come with any special legal powers so why would someone hate them?

ensbergcollector
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Some but not all police have a doccumented history of abusing people because they carry a gun and a badge and covering it up. So people have a good reason to be suspicious of police if not down right not like them. Being black, gay, jewish, muslim, etc dosen't come with any special legal powers so why would someone hate them?

anytime you base your opinion of an entire group of people based on the lowest common denominator of that group, you are in the wrong IMO. (not directed at you veggie, just a general thought)

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
anytime you base your opinion of an entire group of people based on the lowest common denominator of that group, you are in the wrong IMO. (not directed at you veggie, just a general thought)

Agree on that part but the average black, white, gay, christian, jew etc does not carry around a gun and a badge and you can tell them off of they come at you wrong. All police do and you cannot tell them off when they are wrong if you value your life and limbs.