PDA

View Full Version : Security guard shot in attack on Family Research Council office

pwaldo
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/243801-security-guard-shot-at-family-research-council-

A security guard was shot in an attack Wednesday morning at the Family Research Council building in Washington D.C.'s Chinatown.

The incident occurred at 10:45 a.m. in the building’s lobby. A male suspect was taken into custody without injury and the security guard is in stable condition, according to Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Araz Alali.

The department declined to comment further on what precipitated the shooting.

The FBI is participating in the investigation of the incident, but has yet to determine the suspect’s connection to the Family Research Council. A bomb squad was sent to the scene after the incident took place, as is standard procedure, and deemed the area secure, FBI spokeswoman Rebecca Callahan wrote in an email.

The president of the Family Research Council, a conservative Christian group that is active in the political world, said police are looking into what motivated the attack.

“The police are investigating this incident,” said FRC President Tony Perkins. “Our first concern is with our colleague who was shot today. Our concern is for him and his family.”

Local news reports have indicated the shooting was connected to the group’s conservative leanings. The gunman reportedly posed as an intern and shot the security guard after expressing his disagreement with the Council’s policy positions, Fox News reported Wednesday afternoon.

The Family Research Council says its work in Washington has "advanced faith, family and freedom in public policy and public opinion." The group was added in 2010 to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s list of hate groups because of anti-gay comments it has made.

pghin08
08-15-2012, 03:03 PM
That's awful. Who DOES something like this?

shrewsbury
08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
I am sure it is a crazy Christian attacking another crazy Christian

mrveggieman
08-15-2012, 03:43 PM
That makes the 4th high profile shooting in 4 weeks. What is going on here?

pwaldo
08-15-2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188889/Gunman-carrying-bag-Chick-fil-A-goodies-walks-conservative-lobbyist-headquarters-opens--injuring-security-guard.html

The FBI in Washington D.C. is investigating a possible domestic terrorism incident after an armed man carrying a bag of Chick-fil-A items walked into the headquarters of a conservative lobbying unit and opened fire.

At approximately 10.45 a.m. an unidentified man entered the Family Research Council's (FRC) headquarters in Chinatown, made a statement, produced a gun and then shot a security guard who attempted to stop him.

The guard was rushed to hospital while witnesses said that when the man was disarmed, the suspect said, 'Don't shoot me, it was not about you, it was what this place stands for.'

pghin08
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188889/Gunman-carrying-bag-Chick-fil-A-goodies-walks-conservative-lobbyist-headquarters-opens--injuring-security-guard.html

Wow, what an absolute whack job. So Chick-Fil-A isn't a fan of gay marriage? Ok, let's shoot up some innocent people then! It'll all be sunshine and kittens from there!

Some people are so misguided it hurts.

habsheaven
08-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Wow, what an absolute whack job. So Chick-Fil-A isn't a fan of gay marriage? Ok, let's shoot up some innocent people then! It'll all be sunshine and kittens from there!

Some people are so misguided it hurts.

And he appears to be a left-wing nutjob. Misguided or not, apparently he is still entitled to own his guns.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
It'll be just another workplace shooting . Now if it was a right winger you would be looking at Domestic Terrorism . What a sad state we live in as a country can't even dissagree without some sort of violence . What happened to the Hope and Change , It seems we are more divided than ever under a president that was supposed to bring the world together.

habsheaven
08-15-2012, 08:53 PM
It'll be just another workplace shooting . Now if it was a right winger you would be looking at Domestic Terrorism . What a sad state we live in as a country can't even dissagree without some sort of violence . What happened to the Hope and Change , It seems we are more divided than ever under a president that was supposed to bring the world together.

There it is! Obama's fault. Should have known he had his hand in this too. What a joke!!!

INTIMADATOR2007
08-15-2012, 09:08 PM
There it is! Obama's fault. Should have known he had his hand in this too. What a joke!!!
Did I say it was Obama's FAULT clean out your ears . No, Obama did not shoot the people him self.

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
You did use "hope and change"...

habsheaven
08-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Did I say it was Obama's FAULT clean out your ears . No, Obama did not shoot the people him self.

Cleaning out my ears is not going to help me SEE this any better.

What happened to the Hope and Change , It seems we are more divided than ever under a president that was supposed to bring the world together.

Why would you end with these two lines if it was not to blame Obama some how? Do you even know what you are typing as you type it? Again, what a joke!!

JustAlex
08-15-2012, 10:24 PM
More shooting huh....meh, nothing new here...

INTIMADATOR2007
08-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Cleaning out my ears is not going to help me SEE this any better.

What happened to the Hope and Change , It seems we are more divided than ever under a president that was supposed to bring the world together.

Why would you end with these two lines if it was not to blame Obama some how? Do you even know what you are typing as you type it? Again, what a joke!!
So me saying Obama said he was bringing hope and change is saying he pulled the trigger ?..Got ya'

Wickabee
08-15-2012, 11:20 PM
So me saying Obama said he was bringing hope and change is saying he pulled the trigger ?..Got ya'

You're implying he's indirectly to blame. Don't even pretend you aren't. If you weren't you wouldn't have brought it up. Doesn't mean anyone thinks you said he pulled the trigger.

habsheaven
08-16-2012, 06:08 AM

Typical conservative ploy. Play dumb all you want. It's not like what you type is ever relevant to the conversation anyway.

shrewsbury
08-16-2012, 08:41 AM
typical liberal ploy, say all you want about anyone but if someone else says something it is an out right lie.

the FACT is Obama said he was all about uniting all americans and creating bipartisanship, but he has divided us more.

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 08:55 AM
typical liberal ploy, say all you want about anyone but if someone else says something it is an out right lie.

the FACT is Obama said he was all about uniting all americans and creating bipartisanship, but he has divided us more.

How is President Obama dividing us? The last time I checked Obama care is not divided upon racial lines. It is intended for all. You do know this don't you? No by good friend your beloved republican party is the one who is out to devour and destroy us all by appearing to be for traditional family values but really wanting to eliminate taxes for the ultra rich while everyone else fights over trivial issues like chicken sandwiches.

habsheaven
08-16-2012, 08:58 AM

What does that have to do with this thread? Are you too implying that Obama is indirectly responsible for this incident?

pghin08
08-16-2012, 08:58 AM

No, the FACT is that some lunatic who was disgruntled with Chick-Fil-A's support of traditional christian values went into the Family Research Council and shot somebody. Obama has nothing to do with any of this whatsoever. To even have him enter the conversation is ridiculous. That's like me sitting here blaming this whole thing on Dan Cathy for just saying what he believed. It's stupid.

shrewsbury
08-16-2012, 09:03 AM
my comment was to counter habs. it seems the liberals think they can say anything they want and attack all they want, but how dare a conservative say something

pghin08
08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
my comment was to counter habs. it seems the liberals think they can say anything they want and attack all they want, but how dare a conservative say something

Nobody is saying that. Habs just brought up the fact that making Obama a part of this story is stupid. Which it is.

habsheaven
08-16-2012, 09:17 AM

How dare I call someone out when they try to link Obama to an incident and then deny it when confronted. I should be ashamed.

ensbergcollector
08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
That makes the 4th high profile shooting in 4 weeks. What is going on here?

what veggie - no ridiculous comment on this persons political leanings? does their political beliefs only matter if they are conservative christian republicans?

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 10:23 AM
what veggie - no ridiculous comment on this persons political leanings? does their political beliefs only matter if they are conservative christian republicans?

To be honest I really didn't hear that much about the guy's political leanings.

ensbergcollector
08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
To be honest I really didn't hear that much about the guy's political leanings.

that's strange, i wonder why that is

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 10:35 AM
that's strange, i wonder why that is

I'm originally from dc. I wanted to make sure that no one that I know was either the shooter or a victim. I had to put politics aside.

tpeichel
08-16-2012, 11:45 AM

The Obama camp had no problem connecting Romney to the death of the woman who lost her job seven years after Romney left Bain.

I also remember the left talking a lot about conservatives creating a "climate of hate" that caused the Gabby Gifford shooting, so according to that logic, the left incited their follower to attack a group that they themselves demonized and labeled as a hate group.

I don't agree with that logic, but I find the offense taken on this board a little ingenuous.

And let's not forget that Obama has incited his followers in his own way with comments urging his followers to "hit back twice as hard" or "if they bring a knife to a fight, we bring a gun". Logical people know what he means, but isn't that more incendiary than putting cross hairs on a map?

Don't get me started on the class warfare he is using to try and drum up votes as well.

pghin08
08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Victimization on both sides has to stop. This is getting out of control. Gabby Giffords and the rest of those in Arizona were shot by a whack job. This FRC shooter is a whack job. Neither of them are representative of 99.99999% of people who identify themselves as liberal or conservative.

People in this country will use ANYTHING to further their own agenda, and it needs to stop. It's NOT just our politicians, it's us as well.

Wickabee
08-16-2012, 12:06 PM

So very, very wrong. No politicians has divided your country. The all-knowing, ever-powerful media has done that all by themselves, complete with training to "blame the other side" for what the media have done. Good show, you're easily manipulated.

Tivo32
08-16-2012, 12:13 PM
The all-knowing, ever-powerful media has done that all by themselves, complete with training to "blame the other side" for what the media have done.

Agreed 110%.

pwaldo
08-16-2012, 02:28 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189373/I-dont-like-politics-Words-Chick-fil-A-carrying-shooter-opened-Family-Research-Council.html

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189373/I-dont-like-politics-Words-Chick-fil-A-carrying-shooter-opened-Family-Research-Council.html

Yeah shooting the guard was pretty pointless because he was only doing security there.