PDA

View Full Version : I have noticed something on here

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
I recently noticed that a lot of our conservative friends have been getting a little chippy lately. While it does not bother me in the least it makes me wonder if they are upset because deep down they know that President Obama is going to be re-elected this fall in a landslide and there is nothing that they can do about that. Although Im going to vote for President Obama we do need a better alternative in america to the two party system. Prehaps if there were better alternatives to the garbage put out there from the republican party then mabey the conservatives would have somebody who has some sense that could be voice for them since they refuse to listen to President Obama's voice despite the fact that he works for the best intrests entire country. If you look at it Romney and Ryan are a bunch of clowns, Ron Paul has a few good ideas but he isn't going anywhere and the Libertian canidate Gary Johnson who I really like a lot cannot get elected because we as americans have been seduced by the two party system. So you only choice is to either vote for President Obama or vote against him by voting for anyone else. I will chose the former because he has done a good job and I can't trust Romney anymore than I can trust a crackhead during security at my house.

pghin08
08-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Sometimes I think they get chippy because you say things like "the garbage put out the from the republican party" and calling Romney and Ryan "a bunch of clowns". If someone said the same of Mr. Obama, would you not defend him?

Wickabee
08-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Sometimes I think they get chippy because you say things like "the garbage put out the from the republican party" and calling Romney and Ryan "a bunch of clowns". If someone said the same of Mr. Obama, would you not defend him?

Would attacking veggie be the same as defending Romney? Somehow I don't think so...

pghin08
08-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Would attacking veggie be the same as defending Romney? Somehow I don't think so...

No, but my point is that you can't say incendiary things about one group of people, and then expect them not to do the same thing.

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 01:24 PM

They have a right to say whatever they like but attacking me still would not change the poor job that most of our elected dummies (I stole that one from our good buddy intimidator2007) from both sides have been doing. The political game can be very frustrating at times. Yes I like president obama and a few other politicians but besides them I feel that my vote is only to pick the lesser of two evils than to put someone in office who will actually make things better. I also believe that some conservative republicans couldn't care less about putting the best man in office but are hell bent on not seing someone of a particular color, religion, etc getting elected and will vote for a total screw up over someone who is well qualified.

Wickabee
08-16-2012, 01:27 PM
No, but my point is that you can't say incendiary things about one group of people, and then expect them not to do the same thing.

True enough. That's why I get so confused about Conservatives being so touchy about comments like that when they talk the way they do about Obama.

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong, I'm saying it goes both ways, but people seem to forget that.

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
True enough. That's why I get so confused about Conservatives being so touchy about comments like that when they talk the way they do about Obama.

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong, I'm saying it goes both ways, but people seem to forget that.

Aint that the truth!

ensbergcollector
08-16-2012, 02:24 PM
i will avoid the back and forth, but as for the start of your paragraph, I have felt 100% for over a year that no matter who the republicans put up for election obama would win. That isn't a new thought that has caused me to get an attitude.

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 02:33 PM
i will avoid the back and forth, but as for the start of your paragraph, I have felt 100% for over a year that no matter who the republicans put up for election obama would win. That isn't a new thought that has caused me to get an attitude.

Something that I noticed about the republicans was that they knew that the bush adminstration was a epic failure and the people wanted to go in a different direction. In 2008 they put mccain/palin out there but knew that they didn't have a snow man's chance in hell because they people did not want another republican. Then they tried again in 2012. They offered newt, santorum, cain and bachman who were extreme right wingers but then turned around and said look we are going to offer the people romney who is a "moderate" republican. Romney was then exposed as typicial for the rich republican and the people were not fooled. My question is why can't the republicans come up with a true moderate who is indeed for the people? Is that too much to ask for?

pghin08
08-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Something that I noticed about the republicans was that they knew that the bush adminstration was a epic failure and the people wanted to go in a different direction. In 2008 they put mccain/palin out there but knew that they didn't have a snow man's chance in hell because they people did not want another republican. Then they tried again in 2012. They offered newt, santorum, cain and bachman who were extreme right wingers but then turned around and said look we are going to offer the people romney who is a "moderate" republican. Romney was then exposed as typicial for the rich republican and the people were not fooled. My question is why can't the republicans come up with a true moderate who is indeed for the people? Is that too much to ask for?

I think Romney is a very moderate Republican. Though the Tea Party is now the core of the Republican party, they recognized that they're still too hard-line to win the Presidency (hence why Rick Santorum isn't the nominee), so it was a choice between Romney and Obama. That was a very easy one for them.

AUTaxMan
08-16-2012, 02:50 PM

This.

pghin08
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
This.

Minus my liberal use of the word "the".

Wickabee
08-16-2012, 03:29 PM
This.

Both sides need to realize they are guilty. Both sides need to realize they have no room to complain about this sort of thing. Both sides need to sit down, take a good look in the mirror and decide whether they want to converse like adults or keep bickering like children. As it stands now, both sides are entrenched in the bickering and neither can stand up, admit their wrongs and actually get to work without being seen as "weak" by the media and the people will listen and whichever party decides to be the bigger man will suffer for being honest.

Thank you American Media!

tutall
08-16-2012, 04:42 PM
They have a right to say whatever they like but attacking me still would not change the poor job that most of our elected dummies (I stole that one from our good buddy intimidator2007) from both sides have been doing. The political game can be very frustrating at times. Yes I like president obama and a few other politicians but besides them I feel that my vote is only to pick the lesser of two evils than to put someone in office who will actually make things better. I also believe that some conservative republicans couldn't care less about putting the best man in office but are hell bent on not seing someone of a particular color, religion, etc getting elected and will vote for a total screw up over someone who is well qualified.

This is the king of post that irritates me the most.... Why are you voting for Obama? Is it his policy? What has he done that you like... And not the cookie cutter answer of the repubs have blocked everything he wanted to get done... What has he said he was going to do when he was running for office and has done since he took control that you agree with... Now why do you agree with it? You also mention repubs voting based on color and many other things but would you not agree a lot of the black vote voted for Obama because he was black? I would venture to guess there were just as many black people that voted Obama because he was black as there were votes against Obama because he was black. Also most of the states that would vote against him because of race were probably going republican anyways regardless of the anti-black vote.

They offered newt, santorum, cain and bachman who were extreme right wingers but then turned around and said look we are going to offer the people romney who is a "moderate" republican. Romney was then exposed as typicial for the rich republican and the people were not fooled. My question is why can't the republicans come up with a true moderate who is indeed for the people? Is that too much to ask for?

Whats wrong with having a rich white republican in office? Obama is doing well for himself.... Bush wasnt poor, Clinton wasnt broke... To be completely honest I would rather have someone in office who knew how a business ran and was successful at it than a career politician who has never hired anyone... It amazes me how wealth used to be a sign of success and now it is demonized.

gladdyontherise
08-16-2012, 04:57 PM

Agree 100%, I've been just reading and not posting lately, but it always seems this is how a thread starts: "I wonder where our small minded conservative friends are and what they think about this?" or it's "Where are all the delusional liberals at and why aren't they defending this?"

Granted in my (unbias) opinion, it seems like anyone on the conservative side gets called out in threads more, but it does happen both ways.

However, when this always happens, why would anyone be surprised at all the back and forth lately?

duwal
08-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Both sides need to realize they are guilty. Both sides need to realize they have no room to complain about this sort of thing. Both sides need to sit down, take a good look in the mirror and decide whether they want to converse like adults or keep bickering like children. As it stands now, both sides are entrenched in the bickering and neither can stand up, admit their wrongs and actually get to work without being seen as "weak" by the media and the people will listen and whichever party decides to be the bigger man will suffer for being honest.

Thank you American Media!

exactly, just about every member on the political boards who has posts spouting off against left or right wing, liberal or conservative, etc. is the problem. They complain about the other side but ignore the same thing when its done by those who's views they agree with or are on the same side as