PDA

View Full Version : Ecuador grant political assylum to wikileaks founder, UK vows to extradite anyway

mrveggieman
08-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Your thoughts:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/assange-ecuador-asylum-u-k-123726223.html

ensbergcollector
08-16-2012, 03:07 PM
I know it will never change, but i have always been bothered by the idea of countries who won't extradite to other countries. If someone is guilty of a crime, they shouldn't get away with it just because they fled somewhere else. I understand that there are often political issues at hand but it just bothers me. Also, looks like mr. wikileaks is going to be living at the embassy for a very long time.

angel0430
08-17-2012, 11:22 AM
They were talking about this in a news channedl yesterday. They said to put him on a plain/helicopter with FL tail numbers and prosecute him for espionage....Death Penalty!!!

I think this was a funny take at this.

JustAlex
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
here's TYT's take on this matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zs0sNyrZ7s&feature=g-user-u

JustAlex
08-17-2012, 08:45 PM
BTW....my thoughts on this matter?

Assange is one of the few people that actually has the you-know-what to stand up against the U.S government and tell the truth and uncover secrets which U.S citizens SHOULD know about it's government.

Since the media no longer does it's job we are forced to rely on "Wiki Leaks" and "Anonymous" to tell us what's really going on.

I applaud Ecuador for standing up the bullying tactics of the UK who is obviously doing this to gain favor with the U.S.

habsheaven
08-17-2012, 09:34 PM
What bothers me is that people assume he is guilty of something. They are trying to extradite him so that he can face charges and be tried for a crime. Guilt has yet to be established. Given his...

ensbergcollector
08-17-2012, 11:16 PM
so, should they have his trial without him and then if he is found guilty he gets brought back? i understand what you are saying, but that is his angle. his is "innocent" as long as he never has to...

habsheaven
08-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Most cases involving extradition occur when a suspected criminal leaves the country where the crime was committed to avoid being arrested. I agree it is frustrating that these particular people can...

JustAlex
08-18-2012, 01:23 AM
I want to post a video which Wikileaks revealed about the U.S military.....this is one of the reasons why the UK and US want to get Assange:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

^So, where was the U.S media on this?.....Oh that's right, they don't dare to actually report against the U.S since that would be "unpatriotic" or some other nonsense that this country has perpetuated since 9/11.

BTW.....the person who leaked this video was Bradley Manning.....who our government later detained indefinitely and has classified him as a "Traitor".

Zimbow
08-18-2012, 01:45 AM
I saw that video a while ago Alex. Some disturbing stuff

*censored*
08-18-2012, 03:31 PM
A government that is supposed to be "for, by, and of the people" as the US is supposed to be needs to know what its government is doing in EVERY area of its existence.

This is why I support Wikileaks.

theonedru
08-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Basically the US government wants him for revealing the truths they sought to hide. maybe if the government didn't lie, cheat and steal we would have these issues. I support Wikileaks, there should be no secrets.

ensbergcollector
08-19-2012, 06:03 PM
you can support wikileaks without supporting him.

JustAlex
08-20-2012, 12:29 AM
you can support wikileaks without supporting him.
Is there anything wrong with supporting Assange?

I personally view him as an internet hero who has stood up to the U.S government and told the people of the world the truth.

I fully support Assange, Obama and the rest of the U.S government should stop harassing him and wikileaks.

ensbergcollector
08-20-2012, 01:11 AM
you are more than welcome to support him. are you ok with never finding out if he is guilty of what he is accused of? Again, I support wikileaks and his role in that. However, he has some serious...

habsheaven
08-20-2012, 08:50 AM
I would be willing to bet that as soon as Assange was taken into Swedish custody the assault accusations would suddenly be dropped due to lack of evidence and they would then act on a request by the...

Wickabee
08-20-2012, 12:54 PM
I would be willing to bet that as soon as Assange was taken into Swedish custody the assault accusations would suddenly be dropped due to lack of evidence and they would then act on a request by the US to extradite him there.

I get the same feeling.

JustAlex
08-20-2012, 06:07 PM
I get the same feeling.
Count me in as well.

The U.S wants to take down Assange.....no doubt about it.