PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Diversity: There's More Than You Think

mikesilvia
08-17-2012, 12:50 PM
When Mitt Romney chose Paul Ryan as his as running mate a week ago, many people -- including those who admire the Wisconsin congressman -- believed that Republicans had squandered their historic moment. Once again, the face the Grand Old Party is presenting to the electorate is white and male.Since its 1850s founding on an anti-slavery platform, the “party of Lincoln” has never fielded a person with black skin -- or brown -- as a presidential or vice presidential standard-bearer. Exactly one woman, Sarah Palin, has been nominated for national office by the GOP, and just...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/08/17/presidential_diversity_theres_more_than_you_think_ 115140.html)

joee5
08-17-2012, 12:53 PM
wish he had chosen Christie so NJ coulda got rid of him

mrveggieman
08-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Wake me up when the republicans nominate a gay or a muslim. :sign0202:

ensbergcollector
08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Wake me up when the republicans nominate a gay or a muslim. :sign0202:

wake me when either party does

Wickabee
08-17-2012, 01:35 PM
wake me when either party does

Isn't your current President a Muslim? Or did FOX lie to me?

ensbergcollector
08-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Isn't your current President a Muslim? Or did FOX lie to me?

wouldn't know. i have never believed that about him nor agreed with those who did. just because i am a republican doesn't mean I agree with everything that any other republican says. I wish people hadn't focused on that. I had a much bigger issue with his version of christianity then if he had been a muslim

mrveggieman
08-17-2012, 01:50 PM
wouldn't know. i have never believed that about him nor agreed with those who did. just because i am a republican doesn't mean I agree with everything that any other republican says. I wish people hadn't focused on that. I had a much bigger issue with his version of christianity then if he had been a muslim

What don't you like about our president's version of chirstanity?

Wickabee
08-17-2012, 01:58 PM

Sit down, man, it was a joke...

ensbergcollector
08-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Sit down, man, it was a joke...

i knew it was a joke. not sure why you needed to say sit down, i was just responding to the idea that many had about him being muslim. not sure if my words came across as heated but I assure you they weren't.

Wickabee
08-17-2012, 02:58 PM
We'll figure each other out one day.

ensbergcollector
08-17-2012, 03:11 PM
We'll figure each other out one day.

i appreciate the patience while we do! :)

shrewsbury
08-17-2012, 06:23 PM
after the civil rights movement the dems have been trenching a line between republicans and blacks.
I find it strange that republicans are often associated with christians and with racism, but yet most blacks in america are christians. when you think about the diversity in christianity how could christians be labeled as racists? I was born in an area of mainly latino's and attended church with many of their families, they always, and i mean always were catholic. i now live in a very diverse small town with a huge anti slavery and liberal movement history, most people in town are some form of christian.

I would love to see a woman be president before my end on earth, we have managed to get a black in office, so I would love a woman of any color to be the next.

JustAlex
08-17-2012, 08:25 PM
wish he had chosen Christie so NJ coulda got rid of him
LOL, but if Romney wins, then the whole country has to deal with him.