PDA

View Full Version : Romney met thursday w/top anti-muslim activist

mrveggieman
08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/romney-met-thursday-top-anti-muslim-activist-and-leading-backers-bachmann-witch-hunt

pghin08
08-22-2012, 10:24 AM
It's unfortunate that Romney has to pander to those types.

mrveggieman
08-22-2012, 10:33 AM
It's unfortunate that Romney has to pander to those types.

It's even more unfortunate that in 2012 people with those backwoods mentality still exist.

habsheaven
08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
My question is: Why does Romney pander to those types?

pghin08
08-22-2012, 12:19 PM
My question is: Why does Romney pander to those types?

Those types are a significant portion of his voting block.

mrveggieman
08-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Those types are a significant portion of his voting block.

Yet but we are wrong to suggest that the republican party is bigoted even in the least bit.

ensbergcollector
08-22-2012, 12:32 PM
highly disappointing but sadly not surprising.

pghin08
08-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Yet but we are wrong to suggest that the republican party is bigoted even in the least bit.

But it's unfair to label people like Boykin as indicative of the ENTIRE Republican party. It's really not the case.

mrveggieman
08-22-2012, 12:40 PM
But it's unfair to label people like Boykin as indicative of the ENTIRE Republican party. It's really not the case.

We can only go by what we see. If there are any moderate, non bigoted, republicans who actually care for the public and not just the letter beside their name I have yet to see them. Now would be a good time to make yourself known.

habsheaven
08-22-2012, 01:14 PM
We can only go by what we see. If there are any moderate, non bigoted, republicans who actually care for the public and not just the letter beside their name I have yet to see them. Now would be a good time to make yourself known.

There are plenty of moderate republicans they are just not very vocal so they do not stand out. I was just watching Jeff Foxworthy on Piers Morgan last night. Didn't even know he was a republican. Well-spoken, nothing radical to say. So they are out there.

Wickabee
08-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Yes but, as you admit, people like him are a significant segment of the Republican voting block.