PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Republicans, I really just don't like Grover Norquist.

pghin08
08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/grover-norquist-killing-the-republican-party

Look Grover, I understand you have your whole "No Tax Pledge" that you wrote on a napkin when you were 13 or whatever that stupid story is. You're clearly a smart guy, people don't just graduate from Harvard by accident. But it goes to show just how far right you've taken the Republican party whenever you're calling out the freaking BUSH family. Yes, Bush 41 raised taxes. Boo hoo. Nevermind the fact that Bush's moderate plan probably helped the economy boom during the Clinton era. Give me a break, Grover.

By the way, unreal props to former President H.W. Bush for this quote:

“The circumstances change and you can’t be wedded to some formula by Grover Norquist. It’s—who the hell is Grover Norquist anyway?”

Star_Cards
08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
lol. never heard of this guy, but love the Bush quote.

pghin08
08-22-2012, 11:00 AM
lol. never heard of this guy, but love the Bush quote.

Norquist is an extremely influential guy in the Republican party today, and has definitely served to drag the party further off to the right.

habsheaven
08-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought everyone interested in politics knew who Grover was. I am a little surprised at the %'s though. Didn't think he had that much influence. That is really scary to think that this one unelected man is running the whole Republican party. I'd have to question the motivation of anyone signing that pledge.