PDA

View Full Version : Labor Department spends stimulus funds for ads

mikesilvia
08-22-2012, 10:57 AM
What if Bush spent nearly $500k of simulas money on re-election ads on Fox News? No jobs created, just positive propaganda for re-election.

The Labor Department paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal stimulus funds to a public relations firm to run more than 100 commercials touting the Obama administration’s “green training” job efforts on two MSNBC cable shows, records show.

The commercials ran on MSNBC on shows hosted by Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann in 2009, but the contract didn’t report any jobs created, according to records reviewed recently by The Washington Times.

Read more: Labor Department spends stimulus funds for ads during Olbermann, Maddow shows - Washington Times (http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/21/stimulus-funds-spent-obama-ads-olbermann-maddow/#ixzz24HrZceOU)

AUTaxMan
08-22-2012, 12:11 PM
that's just wrong

Wickabee
08-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I see more anger about the fact it was aired on NBC than anything.

"Hey FOX, u mad?"

ensbergcollector
08-22-2012, 02:13 PM
this is one of those instances that I would like to see people on both sides agreeing that this is wrong regardless of party

Wickabee
08-22-2012, 02:29 PM
this is one of those instances that I would like to see people on both sides agreeing that this is wrong regardless of party

Nothing to do with party. When Harper implemented his stimulus plan there was a whole bunch of ads saying how great the plan, Harper and the Conservatives were. I didn't have a problem with that, more expected it actually, so how can I have a problem with this?

And again, the entire article seems to focus on the fact the ads were on NBC.

habsheaven
08-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Maybe I am missing something here. These were ads designed to promote the stimulus programs to the people that could take advantage of the program, and in doing so, create jobs. The money wasn't spent to generate direct jobs in the advertising campaign. So why they take issue with a "0 jobs created" on a report is assinine. Also, the OP claims that the ads purpose is re-election propoganda? Really, running ads in 2009 in hopes they will help a 2012 campaign? That sounds reasonable now doesn't it?

Why are you all so jaded that you cannot read an article and see what is actually being written?

pghin08
08-22-2012, 03:03 PM
If they wanted those to be "campaign ads", they would have aired them during shows that people actually watch.

mikesilvia
08-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Shrimp on treadmills at least gave me some entertainment.

habsheaven
08-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Shrimp on treadmills at least gave me some entertainment.

Oh great! Now you are posting like joee5 :frusty: What does that even mean?