PDA

View Full Version : Americans Tune Out Afghanistan as Fighting Rages On

mikesilvia
08-22-2012, 12:50 PM
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — It was once President Barack Obama's "war of necessity." Now, it's America's forgotten war.The Afghan conflict generates barely a whisper on the U.S. presidential campaign trail. It's not a hot topic at the office water cooler or in the halls of Congress — even though more than 80,000 American troops are still fighting here and dying at a rate of one a day.Americans show more interest in the economy and taxes than the latest suicide bombings in a different, distant land. They're more tuned in to the political...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/08/22/americans_tune_out_afghanistan_as_fighting_rages_o n_115177.html)

cbuskstwar
08-22-2012, 10:15 PM
I think about the friends & family I have there everyday / along with the family & friends I had in Iraq when I left years ago.

The media is not interested in covering anything the would be a negative towards Obama and his regime.

American's, at least this one & my veteran brother hood, think about those there and that war every day.

INTIMADATOR2007
08-22-2012, 10:47 PM
I think about the friends & family I have there everyday / along with the family & friends I had in Iraq when I left years ago.

The media is not interested in covering anything the would be a negative towards Obama and his regime.

American's, at least this one & my veteran brother hood, think about those there and that war every day.
BINGO , I think about our soldiers everyday , May god bless them !

jessejordan419
08-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Why doesn't the lamestream commie news show flag draped coffins day after day......oh, right, if obama wars, rest assure they are righteous wars......like installing the mooslim brotherhood in Libya, Egypt, and soon Syria......later......the US.

Repeat any lie, commit any crime, the ends justify the means. Mantra of the left. Nobel peace prize my aunt fannie.

Liberals are blinded in darkness, their messiah has warred needlessly, yet they called bush a murderer and worse, yet their messiah still won't pull out of Afghanistan. They fail to see the forest for the trees.

God Bless our HONORABLE TROOPS!! Who refuse credit, who name their fallen brethren the true heroes, who deal roughly so that we may sleep soundly at night!!

Shame on obama for even thinking of taking one iota of credit! Shame on obama for revealing specific specops team names for political gain! And shame on obama for using our armed forces for these new ridiculous tasks of policing the world and protecting the environment! Get our troops home!

mrveggieman
08-23-2012, 08:48 AM
The last time that I checked bush started the iraq war not president obama. Please get your facts straight conservatives.

habsheaven
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Sadly, one soldier death a day is not news and considered pretty good when compared to the "deaths per day" rate of any other wars. Also, hasn't the election cycle been going on for the last year starting with the Republican nomination race? I am sure that plays a sizeable role in deciding what stories get the resources. But of course blame the liberal MSM for not wanting to show Obama in an unfavourable light. Afterall, it sounds good. BTW, I don't watch FOX so maybe someone can enlighten me to how much coverage they are doing of Afghanistan lately.

Oh yeah, we also have a role in this war and I don't see our media covering it as extensively as they did in the past. They must be protecting Obama from the Canadian voters too.

You guys are too comical. Are you ever going to come up with something legitimate, or will it always be the same broken record playing over and over?

shrewsbury
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
habs, who said Obama started the iraq war? and the last time i checked Obama's hope and change was ending the war, but he jumped into more. so perhaps you should double check your facts, my anti republican friend.

habsheaven
08-23-2012, 09:47 AM
habs, who said Obama started the iraq war? and the last time i checked Obama's hope and change was ending the war, but he jumped into more. so perhaps you should double check your facts, my anti republican friend.

Jay, I think VEGGIE was responding to jessiejordan419 when he called them Obama's wars. Not sure what I have to do with it? Maybe you should double-check your reading, lol.

shrewsbury
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM
habs, you know I need to triple check my reading!!!!!!

cbuskstwar
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Obviously all anyone cares about on this board is blaming the other guy and that's ok.

I figured that some of you liberals would agree that we need to pull our kids out of Afgan?

I guess that must only be a hot button issue when a conserv. is in office?

There are more important things that the media (FOX news included) needs to focus on, rather than what idiotic statement some politician makes or the fact the 1 poll says Obama is winning or Romney is winning.

We have kids in harm's way, we were promised by the president (or was I the only person that heard this) that they would be pulled out, but 4 years later the only troops leaving are in body bags.

We cant expect an immediate withdraw of all troops, but we need Washington to provide a plan (not another B.S. promise to make people cheer) that our troops are coming home.

habsheaven
08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Obviously all anyone cares about on this board is blaming the other guy and that's ok.

I figured that some of you liberals would agree that we need to pull our kids out of Afgan?

There are more important things that the media (FOX news included) needs to focus on, rather than what idiotic statement some politician makes or the fact the 1 poll says Obama is winning or Romney is winning.

We have kids in harm's way, we were promised by the president (or was I the only person that heard this) that they would be pulled out, but 4 years later the only troops leaving are in body bags.

We cant expect an immediate withdraw of all troops, but we need Washington to provide a plan (not another B.S. promise to make people cheer) that our troops are coming home.

I thought the thread was about the media coverage of the war, not the merits of it? FWIW, I have been against sending troops over there from the beginning. Satisfied now?

cbuskstwar
08-23-2012, 10:50 AM
I wont be satisfied until the media holds Obama to his promise to pull our troops out of Afgan.

I thought the thread was about the media coverage of the war, not the merits of it? FWIW, I have been against sending troops over there from the beginning. Satisfied now?

mrveggieman
08-23-2012, 11:30 AM
It's real ironic that both of these wars are the brain child of a conservative president and all of the conservatives cheerleaded the wars now we have a democratic president in office who is running to be reelected and the conservatives want to flip the scrip and become anti-war protesters. Get outta here.

Wickabee
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
It's real ironic that both of these wars are the brain child of a conservative president and all of the conservatives cheerleaded the wars now we have a democratic president in office who is running to be reelected and the conservatives want to flip the scrip and become anti-war protesters. Get outta here.

CHURCH!!!!!

(I don't want to find the bowing dude)

Star_Cards
08-23-2012, 11:57 AM

It really has zero to do with the so called liberal media and there so called support of obama. I listen to right leaning talk show hosts and they really don't bring it up either from what I hear. The major network media reports when there are bigger stories that break, but for the most part everyone wants to talk about the campaign. It's really been that way for the past year or so I'd say.

I definitely wish that they'd pull the troops out and bring them home.

Star_Cards
08-23-2012, 12:03 PM

I agree that we do. THat's the major issue that I have with Obama's term and my vote that I gave him. He did pretty much end the iraq war but he needs to do the same in afghanistan. I know there is a time table which is a start, but for me the time table isn;t fast enough, but then again I'm not a military expert.

I do disagree with your take that it's not in the news because of the media wanting to not cast a bad light on Obama. Does FOX, Rush, or any other right leaning host talk about the war? I'd bet that they mostly talk about the same stuff MSNBC, CNN, and others all talk about... the campaign and abortion and birth control and the economy and so on.

ensbergcollector
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM

so because people were for the war 11 years ago, the have to be in support of it now? Why can't it be about holding obama to his promise. If mccain had won the election I would be pissed at him if he hadn't honored his promise to pull the troops out. Not everything is about hating on obama.

mrveggieman
08-23-2012, 12:09 PM
so because people were for the war 11 years ago, the have to be in support of it now? Why can't it be about holding obama to his promise. If mccain had won the election I would be pissed at him if he hadn't honored his promise to pull the troops out. Not everything is about hating on obama.

No it is ok to educate your self and learn that these wars are wrong, illegal and wasteful. But remember President Obama did not start either one of these wars he inherited them. Do you really think that he enjoys these wars and wants to continue them? I'm sorry but President Obama cannot just snap his finger, say the war is over and tommorrow all of our troops would be home.

ensbergcollector
08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
No it is ok to educate your self and learn that these wars are wrong, illegal and wasteful. But remember President Obama did not start either one of these wars he inherited them. Do you really think that he enjoys these wars and wants to continue them? I'm sorry but President Obama cannot just snap his finger, say the war is over and tommorrow all of our troops would be home.

i don't think anyone is accusing obama of starting these wars. I think people expect him to honor his word about ending them.

mrveggieman
08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
i don't think anyone is accusing obama of starting these wars. I think people expect him to honor his word about ending them.

He ended Iraq as promised. Give him the opportunity to end the Afgan war. After he does I'm sure that you people will find something else to complain about.

Wickabee
08-23-2012, 12:17 PM
He ended Iraq as promised. Give him the opportunity to end the Afgan war. After he does I'm sure that you people will find something else to complain about.

No, they'll complain that he did it wrong, or, suddenly he shouldn't have done it at all.