PDA

View Full Version : Michael Medved: Why Do Media Take "Abortion Rights" More Seriously than "Gun Rights"?

mikesilvia
08-23-2012, 11:40 PM
In press accounts of Paul Ryan's selection, media regularly described him as "opposed to abortion rights"-not as "pro-life" (as he describes himself) or even "anti-abortion." This contrasts with common...

More... (http://michaelmedved.townhall.com/blog/g/98fb4661-657d-4abc-8809-9ef7a768a15f)

JustAlex
08-23-2012, 11:50 PM
OK, here's the thing, and I can't believe that the GOP is so THICK HEADED they don't see it.

If you're pro-life, that's great, keep that to yourself and NEVER get an abortion under ANY circumstance because that would make you a horrible hypocrite.

HOWEVER, the second you start talking about restricting abortion you become anti-abortion rights.

This is a big problem with conservatives, they are so desperate to impose all of their beliefs on everyone else!

ensbergcollector
08-24-2012, 12:25 AM
OK, here's the thing, and I can't believe that the GOP is so THICK HEADED they don't see it.

If you're pro-life, that's great, keep that to yourself and NEVER get an abortion under ANY circumstance because that would make you a horrible hypocrite.

HOWEVER, the second you start talking about restricting abortion you become anti-abortion rights.

This is a big problem with conservatives, they are so desperate to impose all of their beliefs on everyone else!

no, what people don't get is that if someone gets an abortion, they have imposed their beliefs on an unborn child.

JustAlex
08-24-2012, 01:21 AM
no, what people don't get is that if someone gets an abortion, they have imposed their beliefs on an unborn child.
LOL No.

I guess we have to go over this once again.

The ONLY legal abortion in the United States is BEFORE the fetus is viable, that means that until that moment that is NOT a human being with ANY rights whatsoever.

Whether you like this or not, that's the way it is, and it is backed up by science and biology.

When you tell someone that has been RAPED that she HAS to carry the child of her rapist, that is one of the worst things I can imagine for a woman to have to endure.

And that is precisely what the GOP wants to do......make abortion illegal and have a country like Mexico and Brazil where women have to go to phony doctors to get illegal abortions which sometimes costs them their lives.

mrveggieman
08-24-2012, 08:49 AM
IMO conservatives are full of it. On one had they cry don't have an abortion (which I agree with) but then make idiotic comments by saying that a woman cannot get pregnant by a man who raped her. Your history books will prove that as an untrue statement if you know what I mean. As long as ingnorant conservatives are against sex ed and contraception and speak even more ignorant statements like the republican guy said the demand for abortion in this country will continue to be high and even if it is outlawed women will resort to back alley abortions. It all goes back to focring your beliefs on someone. If you don't want to have premarital sex then don't. However you have no right to stop anyone else from having sex, being educated on sex, how their bodies work nor do you have the right to stop then from using contraceptives. Mabey if theses conservatives would worry about prevention we wouldn't have such a high demand for abortion. Conservatives are the ones keeping planned parenthood in business.

habsheaven
08-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Couldn't find the article. Anyway, I am perfectly comfortable calling Ryan pro-life. By all accounts, that is what he is. I get a kick out of the rest of the "pro-lifers" that are pro-life right up to the point that it adds stress to the mother then they all of a sudden switch to pro-choice. It's hypocrisy at its finest.