PDA

View Full Version : Is Paul Ryan's Black ex g/f bad for the GOP, the election?

mrveggieman
08-24-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/paul-ryan-black-ex-girlfriend-bad-for-gop-2012-elections?cid=Editorial-NearYou-HP-RecentArticles

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/paul-ryan/does-paul-ryans-black-girlfriend-matter

AUTaxMan
08-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Is the insinuation that it would be bad because she is black or bad because of some substantive reason?

mrveggieman
08-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Is the insinuation that it would be bad because she is black or bad because of some substantive reason?

Hey I'm just posting the article. You tell me why the GOP would have a problem with this.

AUTaxMan
08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Hey I'm just posting the article. You tell me why the GOP would have a problem with this.

I asked so I didn't have to read the article. Can you give me the cliffs?

mrveggieman
08-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Since most conservatives are for "tradition" remember they fought tooth and nail against interracial marriage back in the day as they are now fighting against gay marriage will the discovery that paul ryan dating a black woman in college turn off a lot of conservative traditional voters.

AUTaxMan
08-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Since most conservatives are for "tradition" remember they fought tooth and nail against interracial marriage back in the day as they are now fighting against gay marriage will the discovery that paul ryan dating a black woman in college turn off a lot of conservative traditional voters.

So the answer to my question would be that it is solely about race? You might want to check your history books to see who was on the wrong side of the civil rights movement. It wasn't the republicans.

habsheaven
08-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I read the article and I still don't have a clue as to what they were trying to accomplish by writing it.

mrveggieman
08-24-2012, 10:17 AM
So the answer to my question would be that it is solely about race? You might want to check your history books to see who was on the wrong side of the civil rights movement. It wasn't the republicans.

Yes I am aware of the history of both parties thanks. However we are now living in 2012 not 1952 and all of the racists where were originally dems have now joined the republican party.

*censored*
08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
The Republicans of the 1950's and the Republicans of the 2010's are two VERY different entities.

Same with the Democrats.

Star_Cards
08-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Seems like there are some people who would find an issue with him having a black ex girlfriend. For others, like me, it's a non issue. Seems weird to even bring it up in an article.

tndcollectables
08-24-2012, 11:13 AM
It was brought up so it could sell papers. No one really cares who that dated, slept with, smoked. Its the policies that matters and so far no one looks good.

mrveggieman
08-24-2012, 11:15 AM
It was brought up so it could sell papers. No one really cares who that dated, slept with, smoked. Its the policies that matters and so far no one looks good.

In an ideal situation no one would care. Also no one should care about a prospective politician's religion if a politician can do what's right for the citizens regardless of his/her chosen religion. Unforunately that is still not the case in 2012 for some small minded people.

boba
08-24-2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ

It sure seems like the democrats are keeping racism alive by constantly playing the racist card against republicans.

tndcollectables
08-24-2012, 11:20 AM
In an ideal situation no one would care. Also no one should care about a prospective politician's religion if a politician can do what's right for the citizens regardless of his/her chosen religion. Unforunately that is still not the case in 2012 for some small minded people.

I think I have to agree with you. But its the small minded people that makes things like this important.

Wickabee
08-24-2012, 12:42 PM

If you want to have a real conversation, wouldn't you read the stories involved?

Or do you just want to ask questions?