PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Isaac: ARE YOU PREPARED?

yankeefan1988
08-24-2012, 06:11 PM
So the hurricane is going to hit the southeast around tuesday, wednesday and unfortunately I live in southern georgia (columbus) so it's most likely going to hit here. I booked a hotel since the woods is right in our backyard, and scheduled to put the cats at the vet. I was wondering if any of you are expecting it, and are you prepared?

yankeefan1988
08-25-2012, 11:33 PM
16 views and not one single person is prepared? Am I the only scout of the bunch?

will22clark
08-26-2012, 03:38 AM
I am getting prepared. It is headed straight toward South Florida. We're a few miles from the beach in Fort Lauderdale. I thought about worst case scenario and might have to move the cars away from the house to a storage unit so they are safe and possibly board up the house windows and lower the awnings. Last time when we felt the hurricane a couple years ago, I had to go on the roof while we felt the worst of it because our roof had leaks and I had to secure the tarp. It was REALLY REALLY windy and stormy up there. Kinda fun
good luck

will22clark
08-26-2012, 04:52 AM
The hurricane has already caused 3 deaths in Haiti and alot of flooding. It is headed straight to me while gaining alot of strength over the warm waters. There are tornado warnings and South Florida is sure to have many power outings and floods.

yankeefan1988
08-26-2012, 03:23 PM
I see the hurricane is heading southwest now, so it probably won't hit us. It's going to hit New Orleans now with some tornadoes, which is terrible for them since they had Katrina like 7 years ago.

FanOfSpeed08
08-27-2012, 03:31 AM
i have some facebook friends from florida some are planning evacuations and some are planning parties lol whatever floats your boat

angel0430
08-27-2012, 08:29 AM
I am in the Ft walton Beach area and it is going to hit us straight. I am in the Air Fiorce so we are goiung to find out today if we are going to get evacuated or not.

mrveggieman
08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
I live in Atlanta and although the hurricanes in the further south do a lot of damage down there there don't do that much here except for bringing a lot of rain. I am praying that everyone makes it through ok.

angel0430
08-27-2012, 10:45 AM
It's still moving west, so it looks like it is going to be hitting New Orleans and some areas of Texas pretty hard. I hope the damage is minimal and we don't lose any lives.