PDA

View Full Version : Why the Weak Economy Doesn't Doom Obama

mikesilvia
08-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Why isn't Mitt Romney doing better in his quest for the presidency? That's the question a lot of pundits, left, right and center, are asking. Given the weak economic recovery and the president's tepid approval ratings, one might expect Romney to run away with this.The answers usually come back to those offered up Friday by Charlie Cook, the dean of Washington psephologists: Romney is a weak candidate; Romney’s advertising has been weak; Romney didn’t reach out to Latinos; Paul Ryan was a poor veep choice.I’ve expressed agreement with many of...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/08/24/why_the_weak_economy_doesnt_doom_obama.html)

habsheaven
08-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Unless something drastic occurs, Obama will win easily.

JustAlex
08-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Unless something drastic occurs, Obama will win easily.
I don't know about that....

Sure, it seems like he will win, all the electoral projections have him winning by a nice margin, but the GOP is fighting hard with those ridiculous Voter ID laws, which mostly affect Blacks, Hispanics, and Senior voters.

And like we saw in the demographic polls, Blacks and Hispanics are the two biggest Obama supporters.......Senior voters are towards Romney but only by small margin.

Either way, I think it's going to be closer than we imagine.

Biggtyme
08-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I personal don't understand how Romney can say the private sector is doing fine but attempt to tear Obama apart for saying it.......Romney infamously talks from both sides of his mouth and stands clear on nothing but his wealth. Just my opinion

tutall
08-25-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't know about that....

Sure, it seems like he will win, all the electoral projections have him winning by a nice margin, but the GOP is fighting hard with those ridiculous Voter ID laws, which mostly affect Blacks, Hispanics, and Senior voters.

And like we saw in the demographic polls, Blacks and Hispanics are the two biggest Obama supporters.......Senior voters are towards Romney but only by small margin.

Either way, I think it's going to be closer than we imagine.

Are you kidding me? You speak as if there is a large portion of the population who dont have and have no way of getting an ID...

Wickabee
08-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Are you kidding me? You speak as if there is a large portion of the population who dont have and have no way of getting an ID...

You know, when the left side started talking about voter ID laws being implemented for the purpose of stealing vote from the Democrats, I thought it was just partisan whining.

Then I saw the numbers on the voter fraud problem...it isn't a problem.

Then I saw this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8

I don't need much more to convince me that Republicans are doing this solely to lose votes for the Democrats than a Republican standing up and saying it outright,

mrveggieman
08-27-2012, 08:01 AM
That really says alot of the republiclowns if they have to resort to dirty tacticts just to win an elction. If the did manage to steal the election I can only imagine the hell this country would have to go throught. Oh wait a minute I we already lived throught 8 years of hell with gwb. I guess some people are just glutten for punishment. You know Albert Einstein defined the definination of insanity as doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.