PDA

View Full Version : Isaac on it's way to the GOP convention.....clearly God doesn't like the GOP!!!

JustAlex
08-25-2012, 08:31 PM
For all the stupidity that conservatives say when national disasters strike: (think about what Pat Robertson said about the Haiti Earthquake and what Glenn Beck said about the Japan Tsunami).

This is POETIC JUSTICE at it's best.

They love to say that "god" is punishing these areas for their wickedness.

Well, it is clearly NO COINCIDENCE that precisely when the GOP National convention is starting that a possible Hurricane is coming it's way!

Remember Pat, Hurricanes and other weather phenomenons are controlled by God, right?

So, what does it say that one is heading straight to your convention?

JustAlex
08-25-2012, 08:41 PM
I just wanted to document what conservative christians have said about previous natural disasters:

Hurricane Katrina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oLZpemAflI&feature=related

Haiti Earthquake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvxHExoZqug&feature=related

Japan Tsunami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDYIy6Epdc

Tivo32
08-25-2012, 10:42 PM
In Pat Robertson's defense, that's easily no where near the worst thing he's ever said...

(That's sarcasm, I'm not actually defending Pat Robertson, the man says a lot of stupid things)

theonedru
08-25-2012, 11:33 PM
For all the stupidity that conservatives say when national disasters strike: (think about what Pat Robertson said about the Haiti Earthquake and what Glenn Beck said about the Japan Tsunami).

This is POETIC JUSTICE at it's best.

They love to say that "god" is punishing these areas for their wickedness.

Well, it is clearly NO COINCIDENCE that precisely when the GOP National convention is starting that a possible Hurricane is coming it's way!

Remember Pat, Hurricanes and other weather phenomenons are controlled by God, right?

So, what does it say that one is heading straight to your convention?

So then Hurricane Isaac must really despise all those people he has killed so far then? You really need to think things out before you start to post threads to mock people because once you think about it this thread is cold and heartless and insulting to all those who lost and will lose loved ones to this storm.

JustAlex
08-25-2012, 11:36 PM
So then Hurricane Isaac must really despise all those people he has killed so far then? You really need to think things out before you start to post threads to mock people because once you think about it this thread is cold and heartless and insulting to all those who lost and will lose loved ones to this storm.
No, no, no......you see, I am simply using "Christian Logic".

If anything I said is "cold and heartless" it's because I'm using a different mindset than what I honestly truly believe.

After all, Hurricanes are made by God, correct?

So, if anyone is to blame it's him....

Tivo32
08-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Pat Robertson /= Christian logic

JustAlex
08-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Pat Robertson /= Christian logic
Hmm....Can I say "Crazy Christian Logic"?

He's a self proclaimed christian and he's clearly crazy or has some sort of psychosis.

Hey, don't blame me, I clearly showed documented proof that very hard right Conservative Christians constantly say that God is punishing the areas that get hit with natural phenomenons.

I'm simply using thier own STUPID, INSANE, UTTERLY LAUGHABLE Logic against them.

Wickabee
08-26-2012, 03:12 AM

He's not saying anything the people he's talking about haven't said. Before you go off on alex, you'd better visit those guys first, keeping all things fair.

theonedru
08-26-2012, 06:02 AM
He's not saying anything the people he's talking about haven't said. Before you go off on alex, you'd better visit those guys first, keeping all things fair.

Not really, look at what he wrote then think of all the innocent people lost and those left suffering. He can justify it all he wants but this thread is in really poor taste.

Wickabee
08-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Not really, look at what he wrote then think of all the innocent people lost and those left suffering. He can justify it all he wants but this thread is in really poor taste.

So no one died during the other disasters?

theonedru
08-26-2012, 02:30 PM
So no one died during the other disasters?

It is just as wrong to mock any disaster where people died as it is to mock something like the Oklahoma city bombing or the trade towers or something to that effect.

ensbergcollector
08-26-2012, 02:53 PM
if it was offensive when robertson did it, it is still offensive when someone else does it.

JustAlex
08-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, I'm glad you guys are offended, I didn't make this thread so you people can agree with my "Crazy christian logic".

BTW, do you know why saying that god is punishing a certain area is offensive?

Because you are claiming something which NO ONE can truly know and you are disregarding the real human tragedy that occurs simply to try to make sense of your "god".

If anything.....weather is a perfect reason why god does not exist, natural phenomenons are indiscriminate they kill the young, the old, the rich, the poor, Whites, blacks, men and children!

IF God really was real, why didn't he stop the 2004 Tsunami that killed 230,000 Men, Women and children?!?!

If your god was so benevolent why does it seem that he just doesn't care for anyone?!?!?

YES, I TOO AM OFFENDED.....BY GOD (or at least the idea of God)!

Wickabee
08-26-2012, 08:04 PM
if it was offensive when robertson did it, it is still offensive when someone else does it.

That's why I said you should go after Pat and the rest before you start talking to alex. They did it first and actually meant it.

Tivo32
08-26-2012, 10:50 PM
If anything.....weather is a perfect reason why god does not exist, natural phenomenons are indiscriminate they kill the young, the old, the rich, the poor, Whites, blacks, men and children!

IF God really was real, why didn't he stop the 2004 Tsunami that killed 230,000 Men, Women and children?!?!

If your god was so benevolent why does it seem that he just doesn't care for anyone?!?!?

YES, I TOO AM OFFENDED.....BY GOD (or at least the idea of God)!

If you are truly and sincerely asking this question, I would be happy to take the time to write out a response on the God and the problem of evil and the world and what my thoughts are on it.

ensbergcollector
08-26-2012, 11:05 PM
That's why I said you should go after Pat and the rest before you start talking to alex. They did it first and actually meant it.

trust me, everyone here has been very open about being against robertson and others for saying that. not sure how someone doing something offensive makes it ok for someone else to. Much less "joke" about it since alex didn't actually mean it.

JustAlex
08-26-2012, 11:44 PM
If you are truly and sincerely asking this question, I would be happy to take the time to write out a response on the God and the problem of evil and the world and what my thoughts are on it.
I am asking the question sincerely, but I feel that your answer will be the same I have received from my parents and various other people who I have previously asked.

Unfortunately, that answer is one I do not accept.

Please note that I am not angry at anyone on here or anyone in general, my disgruntled attitude is based on many years of frustration with Christianity and religion in general.

Theodor Madison
08-27-2012, 12:06 AM
We may or may not know why things happen or for what reason we deserve or not deserve something. Interesting that we who think God may or may not exist, tend to want him from him first. I hate the fact that Christianity is to blame for all the stupid things said. Who are we to blame for all the stupid things liberals say and do? Everyone who does not believe in God? Or, are we going to blame God for our ignorance ?

Wickabee
08-27-2012, 12:16 AM
trust me, everyone here has been very open about being against robertson and others for saying that. not sure how someone doing something offensive makes it ok for someone else to. Much less "joke" about it since alex didn't actually mean it.

How difficult is this. Idiot conservative Christians say hurricanes are from God to smite the wicked. Now one is headed straight for them. You can't not see the irony here.
Pretty sure your remarks have more to do with the fact that it's alex than anything actually said.

JustAlex
08-27-2012, 01:00 AM
We may or may not know why things happen or for what reason we deserve or not deserve something. Interesting that we who think God may or may not exist, tend to want him from him first. I hate the fact that Christianity is to blame for all the stupid things said. Who are we to blame for all the stupid things liberals say and do? Everyone who does not believe in God? Or, are we going to blame God for our ignorance ?

I'm not sure what exactly you are getting at...

But your god has about as much proof of existing as any other god in the history of mankind.

I WISH we as humans could put the blame on him, that would be so much easier...

Theodor Madison
08-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Perhaps may take more time than the existence of mankind to understand the things of God. The fact is we do tend to blame God for many things and do not understand why he allows people not to understand. No one knows every answer including those who say they know God.
I'm not sure what exactly you are getting at...

But your god has about as much proof of existing as any other god in the history of mankind.

I WISH we as humans could put the blame on him, that would be so much easier...

JustAlex
08-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Perhaps may take more time than the existence of mankind to understand the things of God. The fact is we do tend to blame God for many things and do not understand why he allows people not to understand. No one knows every answer including those who say they know God.
I promise I'm not trying to antagonize you when I ask the following:

Don't you think the reason why we can't understand "god" is because he might not exist.....at all?

Have you ever thought about all the other gods that man has made up....Zeus, Horus, Apollo, Krishna, Thor, etc.

In your mind you probably already think they are all false, but what about the God of the bible, what make him more believable than Zeus?

In Ancient Greece his followers died believing Zeus was real, they praised and worshiped him.

Honestly, I believe it's all or nothing.....either all these gods are real or none of them are.

mrveggieman
08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I promise I'm not trying to antagonize you when I ask the following:

Don't you think the reason why we can't understand "god" is because he might not exist.....at all?

Have you ever thought about all the other gods that man has made up....Zeus, Horus, Apollo, Krishna, Thor, etc.

In your mind you probably already think they are all false, but what about the God of the bible, what make him more believable than Zeus?

In Ancient Greece his followers died believing Zeus was real, they praised and worshiped him.

Honestly, I believe it's all or nothing.....either all these gods are real or none of them are.

If I could play devil's advocate (pun intented) how do we not know that Zeus, Apallo, Nike (the god not the shoe), the Abrahamic God are not one and the same? So if someone believes in one they are believing in the same God? Just a little something to make you go hmmm. I know that know one on either side will agree with me but I don't like to to limit myself to just one way of thinking when it comes to God.

shrewsbury
08-27-2012, 09:45 AM
alex, just like all theories of human evolution are correct? if so, how come they are different? so this must mean evolution is not true, because it is all or nothing? and this could be said for all the scientific hypothesis that differ form one to the next, either all are real or all or fake.

Nature creates hurricanes, not God. and if you want to go the route that God created nature so then God created hurricanes, then you must be one of the ones that believe that God does everything, so you must believe in God. Or you do not believe and are just trying to knock anyone who does believe.

JustAlex
08-27-2012, 10:10 AM
If I could play devil's advocate (pun intented) how do we not know that Zeus, Apallo, Nike (the god not the shoe), the Abrahamic God are not one and the same? So if someone believes in one they are believing in the same God? Just a little something to make you go hmmm. I know that know one on either side will agree with me but I like to to limit myself to just one way of thinking when it comes to God.
Well, to a certain extent they are not all that different.

What sets them apart is their religions.

BTW, have you ever heard the story of Horus?

I AM NOT one of those idiots who believes in the movie Zeitgeist, but there are indeed a lot of comparisons between Jesus and Horus.

mrveggieman
08-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Well, to a certain extent they are not all that different.

What sets them apart is their religions.

BTW, have you ever heard the story of Horus?

I AM NOT one of those idiots who believes in the movie Zeitgeist, but there are indeed a lot of comparisons between Jesus and Horus.

Yeah I learned about him from watching Zeigist. How do we really know that Jesus and Horus are not the exact same person?

Star_Cards
08-27-2012, 11:40 AM

Exaactly! That is his point with this point. He really doesn't believe it. He's just showing the hypocrisy and irrational thought behind people who say that God doesn't like an area, or people, or things people are doing in a certain area when a natural disaster strikes.

I don't find that mocking people who say stupid things like this has any connection with alex mocking people who have been negatively effected by a natural disaster. In fact it's the people he is mocking who are being terribly offense to those people.

Star_Cards
08-27-2012, 11:46 AM

I reread his post and I don't see where he's mocking people who were or will be negatively effected by this or any natural disaster. He's mocking the people who use the natural disasters and negative actions and claim that their religious gods have somehow created this to punish people who are doing things they don't agree with. The fact that a person will use horrible events that kill lots of people to try to push their agendas is the true offense part of this thread.

AUTaxMan
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Based on my personal experiences, I would say that the Christians who think that God uses natural disasters to punish people are greatly outnumbered by the Christians who don't subscribe to that belief.

Star_Cards
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM

actually, aren't we pretty certain how hurricanes are created?

In the case of a person saying a christian god did something to smite the evildoers and it's a "stupid thing" it's sort of hard not to focus on the religion of that person when he's the one invoking the name of his god.

Theodor Madison
08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
I do understand how hurricanes come about. Like all weather fascinates me. I do understand that not every one knows everything, not conservative and not liberal. I certainly do not know everything there is to know about God. If God should smite an evil doer I should be the first. The fact that someone relates what a ignorant person says with a certain group or religion is blind to their own ignorance. I thought man was always smarter than he has become. _Cards;11999048]actually, aren't we pretty certain how hurricanes are created?

In the case of a person saying a christian god did something to smite the evildoers and it's a "stupid thing" it's sort of hard not to focus on the religion of that person when he's the one invoking the name of his god.[/QUOTE]