PDA

View Full Version : The official GOP Platform.

JustAlex
08-29-2012, 05:43 AM
The GOP has made it crystal clear their intentions for this country is to revert back as much as possible and take away any and ALL progression the U.S has made.

Here is their platform: (NOTE....sentences in red are my own commentary)

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-oks-platform-barring-abortions-gay-marriage-204947742.html

TAXES:
A Republican administration would extend the Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003, pending reform of the tax code.

^No surprise here, the party of the rich must do everything possible for the rich!

MARRIAGE:
The platform affirms the rights of states and the federal government not to recognize same-sex marriage. It backs a constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

Translation.....Ban gay marriage at the federal level making it impossible for gays to ever have equal rights.

ABORTION:
The party states that "the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed." It opposes using public revenues to promote or perform abortion or to fund organizations that perform or advocate abortions. It says the party will not fund or subsidize health care that includes abortion coverage.

Translation....Ban all forms of abortion

EDUCATION:
Republicans support consumer choice, including home schooling, local innovations such as single-sex classes, full-day school hours and year-round schools. It says Republicans renew their call for replacing family planning programs for teens "with abstinence education which teaches abstinence until marriage as the responsible and respected standard of behavior."

^Hilarious.....let's all be virgins until we get married, and if you have natural urges.....TOO BAD!

BTW.....Schools with the least sex education (like the deep south states) also have the HIGHEST teen pregnancy rates.

DEFENSE:
The platform says Republicans are "the party of peace through strength" and support the concept of American exceptionalism — "the conviction that our country holds a unique place and role in human history." It criticizes the current administration for its weak positions toward such countries as North Korea, China and Iran and its reductions in military spending. The Republican national military strategy "restores as a principal objective the deterrence using the full spectrum of our military capabilities."

Translation......(AMERICA RULES, and we need MORE defense spending so we can go after more countries we don't like!!!)

HEALTH CARE:
It states that a Republican president on his first day in office would use his waiver authority to halt progress in carrying out the health care act pushed through by President Barack Obama and that Republican victories in November would guarantee that the act is never implemented. It proposes a Republican plan based on improving health care quality and lowering costs and a system that promotes the free market and gives consumers more choice.

Translation.....(Repeal ObamaCare even though the SCOTUS already ruled it constitutional and replace it with their non-existent plan......do these people live in Dr. Seuss world or what???)

Overall, nothing surprises me, the GOP is the opposite of Progress for America.....we might as well return to the early 20th century.

mrveggieman
08-29-2012, 07:56 AM
God have mercy on our country if the republicans ever take over.

habsheaven
08-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Sounds great for the base of the party. I wish them luck in trying to get the independent vote. Even with the perceived poor performance of Obama's first term, no one other than Republicans want to vote for Romney. His party is toxic.

JustAlex
08-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Sounds great for the base of the party. I wish them luck in trying to get the independent vote. Even with the perceived poor performance of Obama's first term, no one other than Republicans want to vote for Romney. His party is toxic.
Lots of independents have changed their perceptions of Obama, but when they see just how far right this platform is, they might have to vote for Obama for the same reason I am (remember I'm an independent as well).....because he's the lesser of two evils.

cbuskstwar
08-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Lots of independents have changed their perceptions of Obama, but when they see just how far right this platform is, they might have to vote for Obama for the same reason I am (remember I'm an independent as well).....because he's the lesser of two evils.

If all your posts bash 1 side, and back the other, than I dont think you could call yourself independent.

Wickabee
08-29-2012, 11:59 AM
If all your posts bash 1 side, and back the other, than I dont think you could call yourself independent.

Yeah. It means he's an independent who is more willing to put up with one bag of crap over another. Just because he recognizes Romney is 1000X worse doesn't make him a democrat.

texansrangerfan73
08-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I do agree with a 2 of these platforms but that's just me.

BTW-Question for the OP. Would you rather you teach your children about the birds & the bees or a school district teaching them? I know for my wife & I we'd rather tell our kids where babies come from rather than a school district handing out condoms & saying "it's alright along as you use protection."

mrveggieman
08-29-2012, 12:14 PM
I do agree with a 2 of these platforms but that's just me.

BTW-Question for the OP. Would you rather you teach your children about the birds & the bees or a school district teaching them? I know for my wife & I we'd rather tell our kids where babies come from rather than a school district handing out condoms & saying "it's alright along as you use protection."

Why does it have to go to the extreme of schools handing out condoms and telling kids to have a jolly good time? Let me ask you this. If your son/daughter comes to you because you are having problems with their math homework you would try to help them to the best of you ability would you not? Let's say that you considered yourself an expert in math. Would you not want the school to teach your kids math because you are a expert? No education is a combination of at home from the parents as well as the school. Let the school teach kids about sex and let the parents also teach and add their moral spin on it if they so chose to.

texansrangerfan73
08-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Why does it have to go to the extreme of schools handing out condoms and telling kids to have a jolly good time? Let me ask you this. If your son/daughter comes to you because you are having problems with their math homework you would try to help them to the best of you ability would you not? Let's say that you considered yourself an expert in math. Would you not want the school to teach your kids math because you are a expert? No education is a combination of at home from the parents as well as the school. Let the school teach kids about sex and let the parents also teach and add their moral spin on it if they so chose to.

The schools can teach health class which is what it was called back in my day of school, not a problem with health & the nature of child birth but I know there are some that do the condoms, pamphlets & the as long you as you protect yourself from pregnancy & STDs speech. Maybe I'm too old fashioned or maybe it's that I have daughters that I need brought up right like. Children needs their parents & grandparents morals nobody elses. I'm just very protective!!

Wickabee
08-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Like it or not you are not the only place your kids pick up morals.

mrveggieman
08-29-2012, 02:39 PM
The schools can teach health class which is what it was called back in my day of school, not a problem with health & the nature of child birth but I know there are some that do the condoms, pamphlets & the as long you as you protect yourself from pregnancy & STDs speech. Maybe I'm too old fashioned or maybe it's that I have daughters that I need brought up right like. Children needs their parents & grandparents morals nobody elses. I'm just very protective!!

I agree that you should teach your kids morals. The first education that a child gets comes from the home. Neither the gov't nor the church have any right to refuse to teach our children something that the need to survive in life.

JustAlex
08-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I currently don't have kids but if I did, I would teach them about sex but I would also be in favor of more sex education in school as well.

I'm still in my early 20s....it wasn't that long ago I was roaming the halls of a high school as a student wanting to have sexual relations with practically any girl I saw.

I don't know about anyone else in here but I know how teenagers think, I know that a young male fantasizes about sex more than any other thing.

And thus he needs to know that stress and urge has to be controlled, whether it's by masturbating or having actual sex, I'm not against either.

However, I wouldn't want my teenage son having sex because there are so many risks, but let's face it I can't be on him 24/7 and if he is in a situation where he's going to preform sexual acts I would want him to be protected.

shrewsbury
08-29-2012, 04:00 PM
have not the republicans been "in charge" before? if so, how could we all still be here?