PDA

View Full Version : GOP stops calling Ron Paul delegates, infuriating his supporters

pghin08
08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/28/ron-paul-supporters-put-dent-in-unity-at-gop-convention/?hpt=hp_t2

The way the establishment on both sides have treated this guy is insane. Just insane.

mrveggieman
08-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Why does Ron Paul insist on associating with the republican party? They clearly don't want to have anything to do with him and his best bet would be to run as an independent. However even though I do like him I don't want him to run as such and possibly steal the undecided votes away from President Obama.

pghin08
08-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Why does Ron Paul insist on associating with the republican party? They clearly don't want to have anything to do with him and his best bet would be to run as an independent. However even though I do like him I don't want him to run as such and possibly steal the undecided votes away from President Obama.

As it is right now, I think he'd steal more votes from Romney than Mr. O.

habsheaven
08-29-2012, 04:47 PM
I saw that last night. What a disgraceful way to treat one of your own.

pghin08
08-29-2012, 05:04 PM
They may as well have brought him up onstage, pushed him off and laughed.

marekschwarz33
08-29-2012, 07:30 PM
The GOP's treatment of Ron Paul and his supporters has been absolutely disgraceful. Ron Paul won't be running independent and likely won't endorse anyone except for Gary Johnson perhaps. The movement doesn't end with him. He's inspired so many people, including myself, to get involved.

shrewsbury
08-29-2012, 07:41 PM
I must admit, I had high hopes. I know they were going to be smashed, but it still stinks when they do.

I can't stand but a few democrats, but now I am about that point with republicans.

I do not want Obama's higher unemployment, debt, and welfare use, and this new tax is going to be crazy. but at the same time, republicans are swaying far from what i consider conservative. I am thinking there may be no lesser of the two evils, so to say.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 08:56 AM
The 2012 election reminds me of 2004. On one had you had bush/obama guys who although were hated by many for different reasons also had their loyal supportors. Then they had an opponent kerry/romney who no one really likes, flip flops a lot and is not really a viable alternative but will get votes because of the people who hate the imcumbant. When it is all said and done the incumbant will remain in office and no matter if you like it or not we will not have a new president until 2016.

pghin08
08-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I must admit, I had high hopes. I know they were going to be smashed, but it still stinks when they do.

I can't stand but a few democrats, but now I am about that point with republicans.

I do not want Obama's higher unemployment, debt, and welfare use, and this new tax is going to be crazy. but at the same time, republicans are swaying far from what i consider conservative. I am thinking there may be no lesser of the two evils, so to say.

*Applause*

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM
The 2012 election reminds me of 2004. On one had you had bush/obama guys who although were hated by many for different reasons also had their loyal supportors. Then they had an opponent kerry/romney who no one really likes, flip flops a lot and is not really a viable alternative but will get votes because of the people who hate the imcumbant. When it is all said and done the incumbant will remain in office and no matter if you like it or not we will not have a new president until 2016.

agree completely.