PDA

View Full Version : NYC man gets 40 years to life for dismembering boy

pwaldo
08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-man-gets-40-years-life-dismembering-boy-190915646.html

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 08:32 AM
He wont last one night when he goes upstate. I don't feel sorry for this guy one bit.

angel0430
08-30-2012, 08:55 AM
He needed a harsher punishment but like Veggie said, he is not going to last long in there. He is going to get what he deserves.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 10:33 AM
why in the world was this guy offered a plea for a lesser charge? It looks like they had all the evidence they needed.

habsheaven
08-30-2012, 11:34 AM
The guy obviously has mental issues. Just because they know he did it doesn't mean a trial would not of ended with a "not guilty" verdict. A plea deal avoids that. A 40 year sentence should suffice, not sure why everyone goes overboard on their condemnation of an obviously deranged individual.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
The guy obviously has mental issues. Just because they know he did it doesn't mean a trial would not of ended with a "not guilty" verdict. A plea deal avoids that. A 40 year sentence should suffice, not sure why everyone goes overboard on their condemnation of an obviously deranged individual.

i understand, but using that logic, anyone who murders someone is a deranged individual. should we never pursue life in prison because they are deranged? Not sure how wanting someone to serve life in prison is "going overboard"

habsheaven
08-30-2012, 11:46 AM
You can't transfer that logic to everyone that kills. Not all killers are crazy. This guy sounds like he very likely may have been. I base the going overboard comment on what veggie and angel said. Apparently getting killed by the sane, sadistic inmates is just punishment, and "40 to life" is not severe enough.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 11:53 AM
You can't transfer that logic to everyone that kills. Not all killers are crazy. This guy sounds like he very likely may have been. I base the going overboard comment on what veggie and angel said. Apparently getting killed by the sane, sadistic inmates is just punishment, and "40 to life" is not severe enough.

gotcha...totally understand

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 12:37 PM

This clown killed and dismembered a child. He is not worthy of living and deserves everything that he gets in the slammer.

habsheaven
08-30-2012, 01:06 PM
This clown killed and dismembered a child. He is not worthy of living and deserves everything that he gets in the slammer.

I'm glad life is so simple for you. The ability to pass judgement and condone breaking a commandment all in one sentence. Christianity is boding you well.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm glad life is so simple for you. The ability to pass judgement and condone breaking a commandment all in one sentence. Christianity is boding you well.

Let the record show that any thoughts and opinions expressed by me on SCF, facebook, blackplanet, any website or anywhere else in the world are the opnions of me and me only and do not represent any particular religion, political group, branch of the gov't, school, orgnazation or any one else for that matter.

Edit: FTW I am a moderate christian not one of the extreme ones that everyone hates. :winking0071:

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Let the record show that any thoughts and opinions expressed by me on SCF, facebook, blackplanet, any website or anywhere else in the world are the opnions of me and me only and do not represent any particular religion, political group, branch of the gov't, school, orgnazation or any one else for that matter.

But when a conservative goes out and shoots some people...