PDA

View Full Version : Liberal media member fired for bad joke

cbuskstwar
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/david-chalian-fired-yahoo-news-hot-mic_n_1840278.html

So wrong.

shrewsbury
08-30-2012, 10:06 AM
and here is more of the racist remarks by liberals that accuse conservatives of the ones being racist.

last time i checked more than just blacks live there

pghin08
08-30-2012, 10:21 AM
What a remarkably dumb thing to say. That's almost on the level of Kanye's "George Bush doesn't care about black people"

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 10:30 AM
I have a problem with this guy being fired for telling the truth.

pghin08
08-30-2012, 10:38 AM
I have a problem with this guy being fired for telling the truth.

Sorry, saying Mitt Romney doesn't care about black people (which is basically what he said) is ridiculous.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Sorry, saying Mitt Romney doesn't care about black people (which is basically what he said) is ridiculous.

Mabey not romney but there is a element of the party that he works for that does not care about Black people. Just ask the camera woman who got peanuts thrown at her the other night.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Mabey not romney but there is a element of the party that he works for that does not care about Black people. Just ask the camera woman who got peanuts thrown at her the other night.

let's see, romney is having trouble courting black people, and the opening night of the RNC someone makes a racist statement very publicly doing (probably) some real damage to romney's chances of courting black people. Yeah, no reason at all to think they were a plant.

edit...that said, i do not deny that there are racist people in the republican party, just like there are racist people in the democratic party

pghin08
08-30-2012, 10:53 AM

maybe, but I really don't think Romney is indicative of that.

Star_Cards
08-30-2012, 10:59 AM
What an absurd thing to say. Very similar to Kanye saying George Bush hates black people. I'm not sure about losing his job but yahoo has the right to distance themselves from someone who says things like this. Seems like they disagree with his stance so they gave him the boot.

I actually don't get his stance. THe RNC had their convention scheduled. What does he want them to do, cancel or postpone it due to a hurricane effecting another area of the country. Odds are at anytime of any Politic convention there would be something bad happening to other people around the country. The fact that they didn't cancel it has no bearing on whether or not they want to watch others drown or have bad things done to them. Completely idiotic thing to say.

cbuskstwar
08-30-2012, 11:02 AM

There is an element in both parties that feel that way about every race and or religion that isn't there own. But for you to say that this guy was telling the truth, really suprises me, I actually thought you were above that, but I guess not.

habsheaven
08-30-2012, 11:08 AM
The statement is absurd. Yahoo did the right thing. Good on the guy for apologizing directly to Romney.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 11:09 AM
On the cool I don't know romney on a personal level but I don't think that he is a racist even though he works for a political party that does a very poor job hiding their racism. Even though romney may not have wanted to see people in NO drown I'm sure that there were a lot of republicans out there that were tickled pink at the prospect of what could have happend out there. Since romney works for the republicans he has to cater to that element within his party.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 11:13 AM
On the cool I don't know romney on a personal level but I don't think that he is a racist even though he works for a political party that does a very poor job hiding their racism. Even though romney may not have wanted to see people in NO drown I'm sure that there were a lot of republicans out there that were tickled pink at the prospect of what could have happend out there. Since romney works for the republicans he has to cater to that element within his party.

i just want to make sure I am clear on what you are saying. did you rally just say that there are a lot of republicans who were tickled pink at the thought of black people drowning?

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 11:15 AM
i just want to make sure I am clear on what you are saying. did you rally just say that there are a lot of republicans who were tickled pink at the thought of black people drowning?

I didn't studder did I?

AUTaxMan
08-30-2012, 11:20 AM
wow

cbuskstwar
08-30-2012, 12:27 PM
I didn't studder did I?

I guess I did give you way to much credit.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
let's see, romney is having trouble courting black people, and the opening night of the RNC someone makes a racist statement very publicly doing (probably) some real damage to romney's chances of courting black people. Yeah, no reason at all to think they were a plant.

Man, is there anything that isn't done by a plant?
Those guys are EVERYWHERE!

cbuskstwar
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
No idea if this was a "plant", but for some liberals on this board to back this guys statement is very disappointing.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 12:58 PM
No idea if this was a "plant", but for some liberals on this board to back this guys statement is very disappointing.

But if it the shoe was on the other foot you conservatives would be quick to throw obama/libs/dems/minorities/women/etc under the bus. Thanks for making us aware of your double standards. :thumb:

habsheaven
08-30-2012, 12:58 PM

Only one guy supporting the comments and for those of us that know him, it's not really a shock.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 12:59 PM

I can understand why some would agree, but you're right.
This "plant" talk in 90% of threads is getting really stupid, though.

cbuskstwar
08-30-2012, 01:26 PM
I can understand why some would agree, but you're right.
This "plant" talk in 90% of threads is getting really stupid, though.

I agree plant talk is bogus, there are just some people who choose to hate (or breed hate). For me to call these things "plants" would discredit that fact and the fact that some people will always look down on others who are different than them.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I agree plant talk is bogus, there are just some people who choose to hate (or breed hate). For me to call these things "plants" would discredit that fact and the fact that some people will always look down on others who are different than them.

To me it says some people think everything is a sneaky political conspiracy. At least, everything relating to their favourite party.

shrewsbury
08-30-2012, 01:42 PM
so now there are no whites, asians or hispanics living in those areas? when did this happen, i must have missed it. should i tell my cousin he must be black because he lives there?

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 01:51 PM
so now there are no whites, asians or hispanics living in those areas? when did this happen, i must have missed it. should i tell my cousin he must be black because he lives there?

In reality he didn't say that. On that level the worst he actually said is there's a lot of black people.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Man, is there anything that isn't done by a plant?
Those guys are EVERYWHERE!

i'm not saying it was a plant, just that it wouldn't be surprising if it was given the ramifications of the action in regards to romney's campaign.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 02:07 PM
i'm not saying it was a plant, just that it wouldn't be surprising if it was given the ramifications of the action in regards to romney's campaign.

Umm...

edit...that said, i do not deny that there are racist people in the republican party, just like there are racist people in the democratic party
Yeah, no reason to think you're saying it's a plant...

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Umm...

Yeah, no reason to think you're saying it's a plant...

you really need to stop ignoring the thread just to come at me whether it is just coming at me or defending veggie anytime I dare comment on something he said.

my words clearly say that there is reason to believe it would be a plant, not that I said it was or definitely was. If you don't think there is any reason to think it could be then we can agree to disagree.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 02:20 PM
you really need to stop ignoring the thread just to come at me whether it is just coming at me or defending veggie anytime I dare comment on something he said.
I actually didn't realize it was you until I went to reply. It's not the stalk-and-kill conspiracy you believe it is. As shrew felt the need to say to me, the world doesn't revolve around you. It also has nothing to do with defending veg. It has to do with every incident that makes Republicans look bad is "obviously a plant" it's stupid and you would be calling out any liberal doing the same.
So get over yourself.

my words clearly say that there is reason to believe it would be a plant, not that I said it was or definitely was. If you don't think there is any reason to think it could be then we can agree to disagree.
I'm talking about how EVERY time something happens with Republicans it's "a plant". It's stupid and you know it.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 02:27 PM
I actually didn't realize it was you until I went to reply. It's not the stalk-and-kill conspiracy you believe it is. As shrew felt the need to say to me, the world doesn't revolve around you. It also has nothing to do with defending veg. It has to do with every incident that makes Republicans look bad is "obviously a plant" it's stupid and you would be calling out any liberal doing the same.
So get over yourself.

I'm talking about how EVERY time something happens with Republicans it's "a plant". It's stupid and you know it.

to my knowledge this is the first time i have ever talked about anything being a plant. I am aware that republicans have used the plant idea for a ton of things but this is the first time I have actual felt it might be. I agree that it is stupid to claim everything is a plant. Probably about as stupid as pretending it could never be a plant.

"get over myself"? really? do i need to go through and count how many times you have commented at me for no purpose other than to defend veggie?

Star_Cards
08-30-2012, 02:29 PM
The odd thing about this statement is that there are plenty of white people that were in the path of the hurricane too.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 02:33 PM
to my knowledge this is the first time i have ever talked about anything being a plant. I am aware that republicans have used the plant idea for a ton of things but this is the first time I have actual felt it might be. I agree that it is stupid to claim everything is a plant. Probably about as stupid as pretending it could never be a plant.
I don't know if you personally have ever said it before, and I don't care. The whole idea is stupid and it comes up every time. This wasn't even someone claiming to be a Republican, it was a member of the media. Even if it was a plant all he did was make Yahoo! look bad until they fired him. How do you think that was plant?

"get over myself"? really? do i need to go through and count how many times you have commented at me for no purpose other than to defend veggie?
Again, it has nothing to do with you or veggie, so get over yourself. It has to do with calling out stupidity, which is exactly what I've done here. If you feel like I'm hard on you, maybe actually go read my posts and figure out where the problem really lies. I don't pay attention to who is posting until I go to reply and at that point, my mind is made up. My comments have nothing to do with who is posting, so yes, get over yourself.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't know if you personally have ever said it before, and I don't care. The whole idea is stupid and it comes up every time. This wasn't even someone claiming to be a Republican, it was a member of the media. Even if it was a plant all he did was make Yahoo! look bad until they fired him. How do you think that was plant?

maybe you should re-read the posts. I never said the guy from yahoo was a plant. I was referring to the people who threw the peanuts the first night of the convention.

exactly how many times do you want to call me stupid or allude to my stupidity? If you live in a world where anyone who disagrees with you is stupid then I'm afraid you are the one who needs to get over yourself.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 02:41 PM
maybe you should re-read the posts. I never said the guy from yahoo was a plant. I was referring to the people who threw the peanuts the first night of the convention.

exactly how many times do you want to call me stupid or allude to my stupidity? If you live in a world where anyone who disagrees with you is stupid then I'm afraid you are the one who needs to get over yourself.
My bad. I thought you were on topic.
And I'm not alluding to anything. I am outright saying that someone calling everything a plant is stupid.

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 02:43 PM
My bad. I thought you were on topic.
And I'm not alluding to anything. I am outright saying that someone calling everything a plant is stupid.

not a problem, veggie went off topic and I followed him there.

i agree that someone calling everything a plant is stupid. that is not the same as anyone thinking anything might possibly be a plant is stupid.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 02:47 PM

i agree that someone calling everything a plant is stupid. that is not the same as anyone thinking anything might possibly be a plant is stupid.

Which isn't what I said. I'm just sick of it coming up in every single thread. It's annoying, serves no purpose but to accuse and is, well, just stupid. Personally, I don't think any of it is a "plant", but I do think all this plant talk is a bunch of nonsensical conspiracy theories.

JustAlex
08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Is it really?

I don't think Mittens cares about anyone but rich corporations! (they ARE people, my friend!)

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM

Oh I get it. Just because everyone agreed that they guy should have been fired except for me I went off topic and you went to go get me and bring me back on. Got ya. :thumb:

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh I get it. Just because everyone agreed that they guy should have been fired except for me I went off topic and you went to go get me and bring me back on. Got ya. :thumb:

no, you don't get it. I had no problem with you being opposed to him being fired. I didn't comment on that and still haven't. You brought up the peanuts incident and that is what I commented on. I in no way tried to bring you back on topic nor claimed that I did. Just that I was replying to you.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
no, you don't get it. I had no problem with you being opposed to him being fired. I didn't comment on that and still haven't. You brought up the peanuts incident and that is what I commented on. I in no way tried to bring you back on topic nor claimed that I did. Just that I was replying to you.

The overall topic was the RNC was it not? No Romney wasn't the one throwing peanuts at anyone but we are talking about the overall attitude or republicans towards women and minorities and when someone calls them out over it they get fired.

habsheaven
08-30-2012, 03:28 PM
The overall topic was the RNC was it not? No Romney wasn't the one throwing peanuts at anyone but we are talking about the overall attitude or republicans towards women and minorities and when someone calls them out over it they get fired.

No. The topic is about the firing of a Liberal for saying something stupid.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 03:31 PM
No. The topic is about the firing of a Liberal for saying something stupid.

Yes but the liberal made a comment relating to the RNC. He said that the the republicans are celebrating while a people (a lot of them Black) are suffering in a tropical storm. I made reference that I could agree with that because how some of the republicans treated a Black camerawoman. If that's going off topic I'm afraid that everything on P&R is off topic.

habsheaven
08-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Yes but the liberal made a comment relating to the RNC. He said that the the republicans are celebrating while a people (a lot of them Black) are suffering in a tropical storm. I made reference that I could agree with that because how some of the republicans treated a Black camerawoman. If that's going off topic I'm afraid that everything on P&R is off topic.

In that context it still is on topic. The problem arises when someone comments on your comment about the peanuts incident and so on, and so on. Then it becomes a whole different thread that already exists. lol

ensbergcollector
08-30-2012, 03:42 PM
i apologize for taking the thread off topic

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 03:46 PM
i apologize for taking the thread off topic

You are forgiven just don't do it again. :tongue0011:

pwaldo
08-30-2012, 05:59 PM
The odd thing about this statement is that there are plenty of white people that were in the path of the hurricane too.

White people don't drown they are kept afloat by their yachts.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 11:36 PM
White people don't drown they are kept afloat by their yachts.

I wish I had a yacht. I'd sell it and put a new roof on my house.
I guess I'm not white.

pspstatus
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
It's not sensible for the guy to say that about the Romneys. But when it comes to governing republicans I don't think it's that far off. Remember hurricane Katrina? How fast do you think the response to that would have been if it happened in a place like Malibu?

Mitt's part of the same party that showed obvious indifference to the hardest hit areas during that disaster which consisted of a majority of poor minorities.

And for anyone talking about Kanye. True the guy says a lot of dumb stuff but in that situation I had to applaud him for having the cojones to say what was so obvious yet unspoken. If you think his statement wasn't justified I'll say again, think about how swift the response would have been if Katrina had happened in Malibu or any place where a bunch of rich white people live.

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 11:53 PM
And for anyone talking about Kanye. True the guy says a lot of dumb stuff but in that situation I had to applaud him for having the cojones to say what was so obvious yet unspoken. If you think his statement wasn't justified I'll say again, think about how swift the response would have been if Katrina had happened in Malibu or any place where a bunch of rich white people live.

The look on Myers' face was absolutely priceless.

mrveggieman
09-04-2012, 07:47 AM
It's not sensible for the guy to say that about the Romneys. But when it comes to governing republicans I don't think it's that far off. Remember hurricane Katrina? How fast do you think the response to that would have been if it happened in a place like Malibu?

Mitt's part of the same party that showed obvious indifference to the hardest hit areas during that disaster which consisted of a majority of poor minorities.

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030: