PDA

View Full Version : Ethnic social networking sites

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I was thinking about this. Have any of you or do you still do have memberships on ethnic social networking sites like blackplanet, asianavenue, migente, etc? If you do has anyone ever gave you a problem because you are not of that race. I have had memberships on blackplanet, asianavenue and migente and never no directly come at me and said that I don't belong. I guess that it would be kind of stupid to say that I don't belong on blackplanet :sign0020: but everyone that I chatted with over on asianavenue was real cool and migente back when I used to use them was so all over the place that you couldn't tell what race they were geared towards. I have no problem with anyone using any social networking site as long as they are not trolling. I see that a lot of people who like interracial dating use them which is fine by me as well. What are you thoughts?

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
My only thought is I wish Christian Mingle would stop sending me emails. It's pointless on so many levels.

mrveggieman
08-30-2012, 03:23 PM
My only thought is I wish Christian Mingle would stop sending me emails. It's pointless on so many levels.

Yeah I forgot to mention religious social networking sites. I actually know a guy on facebook who is an atheist but he belongs to the Jesus group just to troll. That's not cool IMO. But if you are of one religion and are cool with people from another religon and want to meet friends or exchange ideas that is fine too just no trolling.

Tivo32
08-30-2012, 05:10 PM

What I want to know is how in the world Christian Mingle has all this money to advertise like crazy?

shrewsbury
08-30-2012, 09:26 PM
I didn't even know there were ethnic social networks, but aren't we all ethnic?

Wickabee
08-30-2012, 11:34 PM
I didn't even know there were ethnic social networks, but aren't we all ethnic?

Even when chatrooms were the only thing online you'd see "Japanese Chat" and "The Irish Pub" type chatrooms. It's been around forever. Yes we're all ethnic somehow, but I'm pretty sure you know what we're talking about.

shrewsbury
08-31-2012, 12:09 AM
i don't do the chatroom thing, so i am uneducated about it. but i get what you are saying

mrveggieman
09-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I haven't logged into my blackplanet page in so long. If anyone has or wants to sign up for a free blackplanet page (no you don't have to be black to sign up) hit me with you user name.