PDA

View Full Version : DNC can't figure out its position on God and Jerusalem

AUTaxMan
09-05-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/05/Democrats-change-platform-God-Israel

INTIMADATOR2007
09-05-2012, 07:21 PM
The DNC convention is turning into a debacle . It's funny to watch .

theonedru
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
And to think people think this is a viable political option......

70sbestcardboard
09-05-2012, 07:56 PM
They just showed their true colors by that vote on two issues...democrats are anti-God and they will cheat to get the result they so desire. Listen to the audio, Villaraigosa sounds and I'm sure looks like a deer in headlights.

cbuskstwar
09-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I think the delegates understand that the dems wanted to change the platform only for political gain, not that they really believe it. I just hope the rest of America sees this and it isn't lost in the shuffle. A true sign of what the liberal agenda really is about, Obama at any cost. The great part is the 3rd request for a vote was a 50/50 split, but the Dem's pushed it @ a 2/3rds vote.

habsheaven
09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
A couple stupid gaffes made by the committee that writes the platform each cycle. At least the President had the stones to tell them to change it to what he believes. Same can't be said for Romney. And if you think that makes this convention a debacle I can't imagine what you thought when Eastwood took the stage and Romney ignored the troops.

You guys really have to get better at your commentary. You're almost as bad as Fox. LOL

JustAlex
09-05-2012, 10:49 PM
LOL Jerusalem??

I didn't know that was an American city?

LOL "God".....which "God"???

Thor, Zeus, Krishna, Apollo, or my personal favorite (not that I believe in him, I just think he's awesome) Osiris???

I would definitely worship Osiris in a different life.....he would be such an awesome and actually EFFECTIVE god, unlike "what's his face".

Wickabee
09-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I think the delegates understand that the dems wanted to change the platform only for political gain, not that they really believe it. I just hope the rest of America sees this and it isn't lost in the shuffle. A true sign of what the liberal agenda really is about, Obama at any cost. The great part is the 3rd request for a vote was a 50/50 split, but the Dem's pushed it @ a 2/3rds vote.

Are you trying to tell me the Republicans aren't about win at any cost? They haven't been running their election for the last four years, messing with the country just to try and look better this time around?

It's not exactly a secret they've tried to make Obama a 1-term President. Obama is their candidate, of course him at all costs, just as the Republicans are always for their guy at all costs.

It's not like one is any better than the other in this regard.

cbuskstwar
09-05-2012, 10:56 PM
A couple stupid gaffes made by the committee that writes the platform each cycle. At least the President had the stones to tell them to change it to what he believes. Same can't be said for Romney. And if you think that makes this convention a debacle I can't imagine what you thought when Eastwood took the stage and Romney ignored the troops.

You guys really have to get better at your commentary. You're almost as bad as Fox. LOL

This was not changed because of Obama, they figured out that removing "God" from the platform would cost votes. Another flip flop moment for Libs.

cbuskstwar
09-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Are you trying to tell me the Republicans aren't about win at any cost? They haven't been running their election for the last four years, messing with the country just to try and look better this time around?

It's not exactly a secret they've tried to make Obama a 1-term President. Obama is their candidate, of course him at all costs, just as the Republicans are always for their guy at all costs.

It's not like one is any better than the other in this regard.

I didn't see the conservs doing this @ the RNC? Changing thier views for votes? Show me this on video?

JustAlex
09-05-2012, 10:58 PM
This was not changed because of Obama, they figured out that removing "God" from the platform would cost votes. Another flip flop moment for Libs.
Which God???

Can you please tell me?

And can you please tell me why we should care about that god which is in the same level as Osiris, Zeus, and Krishna???

Wickabee
09-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I didn't see the conservs doing this @ the RNC? Changing thier views for votes? Show me this on video?

Oh gee, I guess since I don't have an example of the exact same tactic off the top of my head the Republicans are angels, right?

If you really think the Republicans aren't win at all cost, whether they used the exact same tactic last week or not, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Every party is the same in that regard. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

Wickabee
09-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Yeah! It's not like Romney would, say, come up with a medicare plan and call it successful, only to turn around and call the same plan "awful" when implemented by someone else...wait...

pghin08
09-06-2012, 10:02 AM
They just showed their true colors by that vote on two issues...democrats are anti-God and they will cheat to get the result they so desire. Listen to the audio, Villaraigosa sounds and I'm sure looks like a deer in headlights.

Gotta say, I'm a Democrat, and I'm certainly not anti-God.

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 12:16 PM

You actually believe that it was changed to fit in line with the President's beliefs? As if he didn't know about the change until yesterday? Give me a break. It was only changed (illegitimately at that) after it became red meat for Obama critics.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 12:49 PM
You actually believe that it was changed to fit in line with the President's beliefs? As if he didn't know about the change until yesterday? Give me a break. It was only changed (illegitimately at that) after it became red meat for Obama critics.

Give you a break? You are saying Obama knew the word God was removed and didn't think it would cause an uproar? You can't be that foolish to actually believe what you type sometimes. Obama may be many things but he isn't stupid. And again, Obama did what Romney is afraid to do; he challenged his party and set them straight. Won't comment on that, will you?

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Give you a break? You are saying Obama knew the word God was removed and didn't think it would cause an uproar? You can't be that foolish to actually believe what you type sometimes. Obama may be many things but he isn't stupid. And again, Obama did what Romney is afraid to do; he challenged his party and set them straight. Won't comment on that, will you?

He either knew about it being removed and didn't care until it became a PR problem, making him stupid not to see the obvious, or he didn't know about a significant change in his own platform until yesterday, making him incompetent.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 01:02 PM
He either knew about it being removed and didn't care until it became a PR problem, making him stupid not to see the obvious, or he didn't know about a significant change in his own platform until yesterday, making him incompetent.

You do realize he is only ONE man, right? He has people that are supposed to monitor that stuff. It has nothing to do with his competence. It has everything to do with your need to throw as much crap against the wall as possible in the hope that something sticks. Once again you have failed.

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
You do realize he is only ONE man, right? He has people that are supposed to monitor that stuff. It has nothing to do with his competence. It has everything to do with your need to throw as much crap against the wall as possible in the hope that something sticks. Once again you have failed.

This is his freaking election platform, not some memo authored by a fourth-tier administrative assistant. What happened to "the bucks stops with me"? It appears that, in your eyes, this man is not responsible for ANYTHING, in which case, why would you want to see a completely impotent President re-elected?

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
This is his freaking election platform, not some memo authored by a fourth-tier administrative assistant. What happened to "the bucks stops with me"? It appears that, in your eyes, this man is not responsible for ANYTHING, in which case, why would you want to see a completely impotent President re-elected?

It's the PARTY'S platform, not the president's. Just as the Republican platform is not Romney's, or is it? Based on the Republican platform, Romney is against abortion in ALL instances. I would vote for the other guy based on that one factor alone.

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
It's the PARTY'S platform, not the president's. Just as the Republican platform is not Romney's, or is it? Based on the Republican platform, Romney is against abortion in ALL instances. I would vote for the other guy based on that one factor alone.

All you need is to see an R after someone's name not to vote for them.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
All you need is to see an R after someone's name not to vote for them.

Not completely accurate but I agree with the sentiment. How about you?

duwal
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM

and I'm a Republican and very much anti-God and other make believe things

duwal
09-06-2012, 01:30 PM
The DNC convention is turning into a debacle . It's funny to watch .

yet we're all hearing lots of praise coming out of it. Maybe you shouldn't turn the blind eye and see it is giving the Democrats momentum

INTIMADATOR2007
09-06-2012, 02:39 PM
yet we're all hearing lots of praise coming out of it. Maybe you shouldn't turn the blind eye and see it is giving the Democrats momentum
It only adds to the demise of the party . After this election it will take the democrats 15 years to rid the radical elements out of there party.The democrat party today is just OWS running Washington.

mrveggieman
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
It only adds to the demise of the party . After this election it will take the republiclowns 15 years to rid the radical elements out of there party.The republican party today is just tea party attempting to take over Washington.

There you go good buddy I fixed that one for you. :thumb:

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM
They just showed their true colors by that vote on two issues...democrats are anti-God and they will cheat to get the result they so desire.
As an atheist I can tell you that democrats are indeed NOT anti-God, not even close.....I WISH they were, but they are NOT!

BTW, "cheat to get the result they desire".....LOL, you mean the way the GOP has been trying to do voter suppression in swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida which CLEARLY target the poor and minorities (which coincidentally vote heavily democratic????)

Seriously bro.....try again!

BTW, I'm proud to be a Godless heathen! :D:

theonedru
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM

Out of curiosity, why do you align yourself with a party that has shown little competence in the political field and time and time again has proven how they are not for the good of the American people.

theonedru
09-06-2012, 02:52 PM

Out of curiosity, why do you align yourself with a party that has shown little competence in the political field and time and time again has proven how they are not for the good of the American people.

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Really???

I gotta say, It's very rare to see a Republican Atheist.....

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just.....rare!

mrveggieman
09-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Really???

I gotta say, It's very rare to see a Republican Atheist.....

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just.....rare!

If I am not mistaken I also think that our good buddy mikesilva is also a republican atheist.

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
If I am not mistaken I also think that our good buddy mikesilva is also a republican atheist.
The reason it's rare is because most atheist have a liberal view on many social issues such as gay marriage, abortion, sex education, etc.

If you look at the more atheistic countries (Sweden, Netherlands, Japan, France) they are VERY liberal!

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Actually, when I did turn into an atheist I really couldn't support the democrats either, I just side with them because they continue to be the lesser of two evils.

But the GOP in my opinion is full on EVIL, I'm talking about real legitimate evil which most other first world countries would never put up with.

Wickabee
09-06-2012, 03:47 PM
It only adds to the demise of the party . After this election it will take the democrats 15 years to rid the radical elements out of there party.The democrat party today is just OWS running Washington.

You do realize the Republicans are split so bad I wouldn't be surprised if they split in two, Republican Party and Tea Party. They bully they're own members, but they're going to treat the common man well...yeah...

mess0312
09-06-2012, 04:52 PM
When are we all going to wake up.....neither one of these parties have a clue on how Americans live their lives. Both parties are out of touch with the common man and we continue to blindly support by party lines.

Let's face it, we have high unemployment, ridiculous debt, education is suffering, we are being passed in all industries, and our kids think they are entitled to be special because their parents are raising politically correct robots that couldn't critically think if there was a gun to their head.

I am scared for our nation with either of these guys at the helm. There is very little difference in either side anymore......and we are still stuck on things like who believes in GOD or what Isreal's calling their capital. All hot button issues folks to keep us disctracted from the fact that our government (either side) is failing us.

ahhhhhhh I feel better....:D:

mrveggieman
09-06-2012, 04:59 PM
When are we all going to wake up.....neither one of these parties have a clue on how Americans live their lives. Both parties are out of touch with the common man and we continue to blindly support by party lines.

Let's face it, we have high unemployment, ridiculous debt, education is suffering, we are being passed in all industries, and our kids think they are entitled to be special because their parents are raising politically correct robots that couldn't critically think if there was a gun to their head.

I am scared for our nation with either of these guys at the helm. There is very little difference in either side anymore......and we are still stuck on things like who believes in GOD or what Isreal's calling their capital. All hot button issues folks to keep us disctracted from the fact that our government (either side) is failing us.

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

theonedru
09-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Americans in general are too stupid to realize this, they whine and moan about one party so they vote the other party in, then that party continues doing the same thing the last party was doing so Americans whine and moan then go ahead and vote back in the other party.. Seriously how stupid is America as a whole....

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Still waiting for someone to tell me which "God" the GOP is talking about.

No one dares to tell me???

If we were talking about a Car would you not tell me which type of car?

C'mon Republicans.....TELL ME which "God" you are talking about????

I'm OK if that "God" is Osiris, Odin, or Thor.....All of which are personal favorites.

In "God" we trust? Sure, if it's Osiris!!!

theonedru
09-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Still waiting for someone to tell me which "God" the GOP is talking about.

No one dares to tell me???

If we were talking about a Car would you not tell me which type of car?

C'mon Republicans.....TELL ME which "God" you are talking about????

I'm OK if that "God" is Osiris, Odin, or Thor.....All of which are personal favorites.

In "God" we trust? Sure, if it's Osiris!!!

Does it really matter what God, maybe they use the term God to cover whatever God it is that the individual believes in. it's one thing to argue religion and believe or not believe but to belittle and mock peoples faith like you do is pretty bad.

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Does it really matter what God, maybe they use the term God to cover whatever God it is that the individual believes in. it's one thing to argue religion and believe or not believe but to belittle and mock peoples faith like you do is pretty bad.
HA!

Belittle? Mock?

By asking them which "God" it is that they are arguing for?

It's so obvious that their "God" and the ONLY "god" they tolerate, respect, and accept is the FICTIONAL character from the christian bible!

They won't say so because they know that by admitting it they are excluding all the other religions that don't believe in that "god".....that's why it sounds so absurd when I say I like Osiris.

BTW, I would much rather worship just about every single god EXCEPT the god from the christian bible.....and if you or anyone finds that offensive, tough!

theonedru
09-06-2012, 11:43 PM
HA!

Belittle? Mock?

By asking them which "God" it is that they are arguing for?

It's so obvious that their "God" and the ONLY "god" they tolerate, respect, and accept is the FICTIONAL character from the christian bible!

They won't say so because they know that by admitting it they are excluding all the other religions that don't believe in that "god".....that's why it sounds so absurd when I say I like Osiris.

BTW, I would much rather worship just about every single god EXCEPT the god from the christian bible.....and if you or anyone finds that offensive, tough!

You are just as bad as those you mock and insult. You give atheists a bad rap.

JustAlex
09-07-2012, 12:23 AM
You are just as bad as those you mock and insult. You give atheists a bad rap.
Yawn....you tell me this like every single thread where we discuss these issues, like I care what you think...

theonedru
09-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Yawn....you tell me this like every single thread where we discuss these issues, like I care what you think...

You do not discuss, you yell and rant and rave, mock and insult. I have yet to see you appear with a civil level headed argument that is clear and concise and make any decent points.

Theodor Madison
09-07-2012, 01:01 AM
The Pres is a such a good speaker, he tend to speak out of both sides his mouth. Trust is earned, not freely given. To start where are the leaders who want to lead for nothing. Obama, Makes me :mad2: He is making the citizens dependent on the government. We and those who have children can not afford another term. I personally do not have children, yet :confused0054: how they :love0030: him.

boba
09-07-2012, 03:10 AM
You do not discuss, you yell and rant and rave, mock and insult. I have yet to see you appear with a civil level headed argument that is clear and concise and make any decent points.

He's a career online debater, he came here because we had a large % of christians. He didn't come to talk sports cards, he came to mock christians, and that's what he's going to do as long as he's on here.

tpeichel
09-07-2012, 03:32 AM
The point is that belittling the God of the majority of the citizens and pissing off the Jewish citizens isn't a solid election strategy. I mean you had the crows booing when they changed the platform back to include God and Jerusalem. It was a political event that was very negative. That is all.