PDA

View Full Version : conspiracy proven

shrewsbury
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM
everyone on the dems side love to say the media is not liberal, the conservatives love to say it is.

but what does this indicate?

RNC = shown on 3 channels
DCN = shown on 12 channels

habsheaven
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM
What are the channels?

shrewsbury
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
are you going to make me google them????

JustAlex
09-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Let me just say that if there was really a liberal media bias or whatever......then Romney would NOT be toe to toe with Obama in the polls.

The media would be super critical of Mitt and Obama would theoretically be ahead by a decent margin, but he's not.

BTW, how much of a liberal media can there be when you have a full news channel funneled by the GOP to such an excessive level.

You could say that there are news channels that lean to the left, but none of them are to the level that Fox News is, which btw, is indeed the "Most watched news channel on tv".

So....I really don't want to hear about the "liberal media".

habsheaven
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
are you going to make me google them????

I'm not going to MAKE you do anything. It was your claim, I just wanted to see the breakdown on it. Where did you get the numbers from?

shrewsbury
09-05-2012, 09:39 PM
so no conspiracy?

Wickabee
09-05-2012, 09:41 PM
It tells me th President sells better than a Governor.

pghin08
09-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm sorry, that's a lie.

Thursday of the Republican Convention: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/08/31/fox-news-channel-beats-broadcast-again-in-final-night-of-coverage-for-rnc/146937/

And looking at my docket for tomorrow night, I see the exact same schedule at the exact same times.

Do you see differently?

shrewsbury
09-05-2012, 11:34 PM
i looked at tango and seen different, maybe it is a certain date that was better or worse

DNC

http://www.tvtango.com/listings?filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bmonth%5D=9&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bday%5D=6&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Byear%5D=2012&commit.x=24&commit.y=26

and the RNC

http://www.tvtango.com/listings?filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bmonth%5D=8&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bday%5D=28&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Byear%5D=2012&commit.x=18&commit.y=14

so no conspiracy?!! dang it!!!

pghin08
09-06-2012, 08:51 AM
i looked at tango and seen different, maybe it is a certain date that was better or worse

DNC

http://www.tvtango.com/listings?filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bmonth%5D=9&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bday%5D=6&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Byear%5D=2012&commit.x=24&commit.y=26

and the RNC

http://www.tvtango.com/listings?filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bmonth%5D=8&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bday%5D=28&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Byear%5D=2012&commit.x=18&commit.y=14

so no conspiracy?!! dang it!!!

You're looking at the Democratic convention on Thursday, and the Republicans on Tuesday. Here is the link to the Thursday of the Republican Convention:

http://www.tvtango.com/listings?filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bmonth%5D=8&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Bday%5D=30&filters%5Bdate%5D%5Byear%5D=2012&commit.x=23&commit.y=20

As you can see, there are 11 channels that carried the Republican convention and 12 that carried the Democrats. The one that is missing for some reason from the TV Tango report for the Republicans is Fox News, but considering I watched Fox's coverage that night, I'm pretty sure they were on top of it, so no, no conspiracy.

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 11:19 AM
It's not a conspiracy. It has been obvious for decades that network media has a left-leaning bias. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.

pghin08
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
It's not a conspiracy. It has been obvious for decades that network media has a left-leaning bias. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.

I can't tell you how tired I am of this whole argument. Media is in it to make money. Not take sides. It makes lots of money by drumming up controversy and panic. It's always been that way, it is their #1 motivation. You always call out people for making claims without evidence. So go ahead and prove to me that the media cares more about a political party than making money.

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Um.....did you look at the link pghin posted?

It clearly shows that the amount of coverage is EQUAL on both sides.

BTW, I wish there was a real Liberal media.....I wish there was a real conspiracy!

Wickabee
09-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Mr. Taxman wants the media to be "liberal biased". If it wasn't then he wouldn't have anything to whine about.

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Mr. Taxman wants the media to be "liberal biased". If it wasn't then he wouldn't have anything to whine about.

If you cant see it, you arent being objective.

Wickabee
09-06-2012, 03:01 PM

Except that this thread has proven the RNC and DNC are receiving comparable coverage. But hey, who needs to listen to actual facts when you can just make up your own, right Paul Ryan?

Not to mention that response had really nothing to do with what I said, that being that you (and Republicans overall) actually WANT the media to be liberal biased because it's easier to whine than make yourself less ridiculous.

pghin08
09-06-2012, 03:15 PM

Evidence please. I fancy myself as being somewhat objective. I totally understand that I'm getting left-wing stuff if I watch MSNBC, but the rest, meh?

Truly, this should be a testament to how good Roger Ailes is. He's got the entire conservative populous convinced that everyone except Fox News spews liberal garbage. So what does everyone watch? Fox News. Dynamite business plan.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
I only watch CNN. They make the Democrats squirm just as much as they do the Republicans when both are avoiding questions.

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Evidence please. I fancy myself as being somewhat objective. I totally understand that I'm getting left-wing stuff if I watch MSNBC, but the rest, meh?

Truly, this should be a testament to how good Roger Ailes is. He's got the entire conservative populous convinced that everyone except Fox News spews liberal garbage. So what does everyone watch? Fox News. Dynamite business plan.

http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts

pghin08
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I only watch CNN. They make the Democrats squirm just as much as they do the Republicans when both are avoiding questions.

99% of the time, I don't understand CNN. It's just noise to me. I read them online a decent bit, because I know I'll be reading about a certain topic, but on TV, it's just chaos.

pghin08
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.mrc.org/biasalerts

I knew it. I KNEW you'd come back at me with Media Research Center. You can't come at me with a report from Brent Bozell and his conservative "think-tank", because he's going to tell his donors exactly what they want to hear. And maybe Mr. Bozell would have more credibility as someone who is trying to "scientifically" filter out bias in the media if he didn't say Obama looked like a "ghetto crackhead". This is what I find absolutely hysterical about both parties. They reach out to biased organizations to find evidence to support whatever it is they want to believe. How many times have I posted a "Media Matters" article? ZERO. Because I understand that it's just loaded political garbage that's put out as a means to an end rather than a true search for honest discourse and opinion.

My apologies if I came across as too combative.

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I knew it. I KNEW you'd come back at me with Media Research Center. You can't come at me with a report from Brent Bozell and his conservative "think-tank", because he's going to tell his donors exactly what they want to hear. And maybe Mr. Bozell would have more credibility as someone who is trying to "scientifically" filter out bias in the media if he didn't say Obama looked like a "ghetto crackhead". This is what I find absolutely hysterical about both parties. They reach out to biased organizations to find evidence to support whatever it is they want to believe. How many times have I posted a "Media Matters" article? ZERO. Because I understand that it's just loaded political garbage that's put out as a means to an end rather than a true search for honest discourse and opinion.

My apologies if I came across as too combative.

No I understand. However, are you suggesting that MRC's evidences of media bias are inaccurate?

pghin08
09-06-2012, 05:49 PM
No I understand. However, are you suggesting that MRC's evidences of media bias are inaccurate?

I'm not so dumb to think that no bias exists anywhere in the media. I'm sure that some of the things that MRC cites are legit, and same with Media Matters. But my overarching point is that they can't be hailed as legitimate, because each organization has a vested interest in taking down the other side. It's literally in their mantras.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 06:20 PM
99% of the time, I don't understand CNN. It's just noise to me. I read them online a decent bit, because I know I'll be reading about a certain topic, but on TV, it's just chaos.

Not sure what you mean by "don't understand" and "chaos" so i can't really comment on it. I will say that I usually only watch an hour during weeknights as each show usually rehashes the same commentators in their shows. Most of my watching occurs on Sunday mornings. I find "State of the Union", "Fareed Zakaria - GPS" & "Reliable Sources" to all be credible shows with thoughtful conversations.

andrewhoya
09-07-2012, 07:53 AM
shrews disappeared from this thread quickly.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm not so dumb to think that no bias exists anywhere in the media. I'm sure that some of the things that MRC cites are legit, and same with Media Matters. But my overarching point is that they can't be hailed as legitimate, because each organization has a vested interest in taking down the other side. It's literally in their mantras.

If you went one-by-one through the each of the network news teams, I would estimate that over 75% of them are more left-leaning than down-the-middle or right-leaning. In fact, I can't name a single member of any of those teams who is right-biased. Certainly the headliners of each of the teams is left-leaning.

shrewsbury
09-07-2012, 10:22 AM
andy, i am not gone, just waiting to see if there is a conspiracy or not. taxman can handle it from here

habsheaven
09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Can someone who believes there is a conspiracy please layout exactly what the conspiracy is? IF, most of the media is liberal, HOW is it a conspiracy?

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Can someone who believes there is a conspiracy please layout exactly what the conspiracy is? IF, most of the media is liberal, HOW is it a conspiracy?

I don't believe there is a conspiracy.

shrewsbury
09-07-2012, 11:17 AM
so the media, who is supposed to be unbiased (which in journalism 101) can be liberal or conservative? i can see this being there personal choice, but not for media purposes.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
so the media, who is supposed to be unbiased (which in journalism 101) can be liberal or conservative? i can see this being there personal choice, but not for media purposes.

I think they are just inherently biased. They probably don't even realize it, as evidenced by the NYT ombudsman's report of a couple of weeks ago.

pghin08
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I think they are just inherently biased. They probably don't even realize it, as evidenced by the NYT ombudsman's report of a couple of weeks ago.

So basically what you're saying is that while you fervently believe something, there's no legit evidence to back it up. You WANT to think that they're inherently biased, so you do.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 04:15 PM
So basically what you're saying is that while you fervently believe something, there's no legit evidence to back it up. You WANT to think that they're inherently biased, so you do.

Do you want me to back it up? We can go one network newsperson at a time if you like. You pick.

pghin08
09-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Do you want me to back it up? We can go one network newsperson at a time if you like. You pick.

I don't see how you, yourself, could have the ability to prove bias in another person. You would basically have to have two identical situations, one with a Dem and one with a Rep, and point out the differences in coverage. You can try, but I think 99% of what you'd say would be innuendo or your own personal spin, because that's really all each of us have.

Wickabee
09-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Guys, the media isn't for the Dems or the Reps, it's for the money. Some networks follow Dems to money(NBC), some follow Reps(FOX), some follow whoever will pay them right now(Turner). It may seem like they're biased one way or another, but they really don't care. When it comes down to voting habits, I'm sure a breakdown of journalists would look similar to a breakdown of any other random group.

The entire point of news media is to make money. Never think otherwise, never forget it. The idea that a National news network will always favour who is in power is not wrong, but it never comes with the idea that a private network will always support who gets them the most money. People think the media should be completely neutral at all times (unless it's an Op-Ed) but that is not their mandate. Their mandate is to make as much money for the network by any means necessary, though if you get caught, you'll be thrown under the bus.

It answers the question as to why most good journalists go on scene in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. It's easier to report objectively from a war zone than the studio, because the studio is full of people saying, "That won't sell anything".

drtom2005
09-07-2012, 08:26 PM
It could be that the Republican party is shrinking their tent, so much, that people do not want to hear them. Maybe, Republicans shouldn't be using the term RINO and accept some different thoughts.