PDA

View Full Version : Hillary in 2016? Democratic "Insiders" Are for It

mikesilvia
09-05-2012, 11:20 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- "She'll be out of office. She'll be 68 years old. She'll be eight years away from her last run for the White House, which even some of her supporters have acknowledged was a badly flawed campaign. But Democrats participating in the National Journal Convention Insiders Poll apparently couldn’t care less -- they want Hillary Rodham Clinton to run for president again in 2016.”So writes National Journal’s James A. Barnes, creator of the venerable magazine’s “Insider’s Poll.”In his latest...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/05/hillary_in_2016_democratic_insiders_are_for_it_115 354.html)

shrewsbury
09-05-2012, 11:48 PM
I have been waiting, wish it was her last time and this time

ensbergcollector
09-05-2012, 11:50 PM
i assumed that was the deal worked out with her and barack last time. she backs out of the 2008 primary, he gives her a nice appointment which will look great when she runs in 2016. won't surprise me at all.

Wickabee
09-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Republicans already running the 2016 campaign? At least they waited to lose last time...

mrveggieman
09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
If hillary runs in 2016 I hope and pray that the republicans have a viable canidate because hillary clinton will never get my vote. If the republicans keep parading around the same bunch of jokers that they have been doing for the past several years I will either vote for an alternative canidate or not vote at all.

pghin08
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM
i assumed that was the deal worked out with her and barack last time. she backs out of the 2008 primary, he gives her a nice appointment which will look great when she runs in 2016. won't surprise me at all.

It's actually in her best interest if Obama loses in 2012. Not very often does a two-term president pass the baton to someone in his own party. If Romney wins, America will blame him for everything, and will look back to the Democrats and Hillary in 2016.

Star_Cards
09-06-2012, 10:20 AM

I doubt there was a deal. From what I remember he beat her. Plus the race went fairly long.

As for Hillary, I'm not a fan and also not a fan of political families having the white house term after term. I do think that most of quality Republican candidates will come out next cycle. To me that seems like a better spot for one of them to actually win the race. If hillary was the nominee for the Democrats in 2016 I'm not sure where my vote would go.