PDA

View Full Version : Shock Jock Glen Beck claims that he was mistreated on American Airlines

mrveggieman
09-06-2012, 03:04 PM
I say that we all rally together, support American Airlines and use them for all of our travel needs.
:thumb:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2012/09/05/glenn-beck-american-airlines/?intcmp=obnetwork

Star_Cards
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Sounds like the guy acted inappropriately and I doubt his employer will be happy about that. I don't like beck, but he should be given the same courtesy the rest of the travelers receive. I will say it's one of the hazards of being a public figure who puts is personal beliefs on things political and religious out in the airwaves. Still, he shouldn't be treated poorly based off of his beliefs especially when he's paying for a service.

pghin08
09-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't care about political views, people just don't deserve to be treated that way. I certainly wouldn't want a Republican waiter being rude to me just because I'm a Democrat.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Looks like American Airlines has problems letting kids with Down Syndrome fly also.Maybe they should change there name .
http://nation.foxnews.com/american-airlines/2012/09/06/teen-down-syndrome-kicked-american-airlines-flight

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
K-A-R-M-A!

Beck deserves ZERO respect and although I don't agree with treating other's badly (although, I think it's a HUGE lie/exaggeration on Beck's part), Beck is a loathsome human being....a complete waste and a dangerous propaganda machine that deserves little to no sympathy.

pghin08
09-06-2012, 03:34 PM
K-A-R-M-A!

Beck deserves ZERO respect and although I don't agree with treating other's badly (although, I think it's a HUGE lie/exaggeration on Beck's part), Beck is a loathsome human being....a complete waste and a dangerous propaganda machine that deserves little to no sympathy.

I don't like Beck either, but I would never mistreat him because I disagree with him.

Edit: Liberal friends, this is why we sometimes get pegged as being intolerant. We yell and scream about conservative biases against other people. Then we go and do the same thing. Not cool.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-06-2012, 03:36 PM
K-A-R-M-A!

You Sir , Really should check out different websites, Those you frequent have done something to your mind .

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't like Beck either, but I would never mistreat him because I disagree with him.

Edit: Liberal friends, this is why we sometimes get pegged as being intolerant. We yell and scream about conservative biases against other people. Then we go and do the same thing. Not cool.
Well, I did say I don't agree with treating others badly.....I just don't believe what he's saying.

Remember, Beck has made a LIVING on lying and misinterpreting facts, why should I believe him now?

All I'm saying is that I personally don't have any sympathy from him, I don't wish harm on him or anything, I just won't feel badly for him.

mrveggieman
09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
K-A-R-M-A!

CHURCH!! :love0030::love0030::love0030:

Star_Cards
09-06-2012, 04:02 PM
K-A-R-M-A!

you couldn't be more wrong. I agree the guy is a jerk, at least his on air persona, which I partially feel is exaggerated for ratings, but if he was treated poorly by this attendant there is no excuse for it. He paid for a service and the attendant is paid to provide a service by AA. He has a duty to provide the same service he did the other passengers. If he couldn't handle it he should have switched areas with another co worker. plain and simple.

pghin08
09-06-2012, 04:14 PM
you couldn't be more wrong. I agree the guy is a jerk, at least his on air persona, which I partially feel is exaggerated for ratings, but if he was treated poorly by this attendant there is no excuse for it. He paid for a service and the attendant is paid to provide a service by AA. He has a duty to provide the same service he did the other passengers. If he couldn't handle it he should have switched areas with another co worker. plain and simple.

Agree 110%.

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Of course AA has a duty to treat everyone fairly.

However, one must question Beck's credibility......sorry, but when all you do is lie and misinterpret facts, people have a hard time believing anything you say.

Furthermore I don't wish any harm or negativity on Beck I just won't feel sorry for him.

Why should I?

That's why I began my post with "Karma"........because if what he says is true, he has brought it upon himself.

theonedru
09-06-2012, 04:35 PM

However, one must question Beck's credibility......sorry, but when all you do is lie and misinterpret facts, people have a hard time believing anything you say.

Furthermore I don't wish any harm or negativity on Beck I just won't feel sorry for him.

Why should I?

That's why I began my post with "Karma"........because if what he says is true, he has brought it upon himself.

Who cares about his "credibility" this is about how an airline treated one of their paying customers rather than someones political views and what they deserve because of it.

theonedru
09-06-2012, 04:37 PM
This is just another reason why I like to travel by train, you get there slower but better scenery and overall travel bliss

AUTaxMan
09-06-2012, 05:25 PM
K-A-R-M-A!

Do you seriously believe that Beck is a bad person? You may not agree with what he has to say or how he says it, but I think he's generally regarded as a good guy. He spends half his show talking less about politics and more about just being good people and serving those less fortunate.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Do you seriously believe that Beck is a bad person? You may not agree with what he has to say or how he says it, but I think he's generally regarded as a good guy. He spends half his show talking less about politics and more about just being good people and serving those less fortunate.
Those sites he visits do not tell that story .They just twist the truth and take a few things out of context to smear Glenn. Never mind the Fact he filled 22 Semi trucks with food for the homeless the government wouldn't feed in texas last month, Or the 30 thousand volunteers he got going to do community service work for the elderly and those Less fortunate. Na, He's just an evil guy that tells the truth.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Did Beck not mention in the article that "he didn't think anyone else, his wife included, noticed the bad treatment he was receiving"? Perhaps Beck is being his usual self and exaggerating. I wouldn't put it past him. It wouldn't surprise me if he overheard the flight attendant speaking (purposefully) about his own liberal views and that alone set Beck off on his "this guy's against me, watch how he treats me" perception of how everything happened afterwards.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Who cares about his "credibility" this is about how an airline treated one of their paying customers rather than someones political views and what they deserve because of it.

His "credibility" helps a person determine whether or not what he says happened actually happened. You are assuming he is telling the absolute truth. That IS why credibility is an issue.

theonedru
09-06-2012, 06:51 PM
His "credibility" helps a person determine whether or not what he says happened actually happened. You are assuming he is telling the absolute truth. That IS why credibility is an issue.

if it wasn't truthful then why would he open himself up to the possibility of a lawsuit for making false claims against the airline and/or the person working for the airline? He may get crazy at times but he isn't stupid....

Star_Cards
09-06-2012, 06:55 PM

Why should I?

what does anything he has said on TV or online have to do with him receiving typical service from a flight attendant? It's two separate things. I get that people don't like him for a variety of reasons, but the guy was on the clock and he had no right to let his personal beliefs to what Beck had said in prior situations effect the quality of service he provided. Like I said, if it was a such a huge deal for this guy he should have switched posts with another attendant and took himself out of the situation.

I don't feel sorry for him either. As far as terrible things, a guy not opening up your coke and being short with you ranks way down on the list of atrocities. The flight attendant still should have used better judgement.

habsheaven
09-06-2012, 06:56 PM
if it wasn't truthful then why would he open himself up to the possibility of a lawsuit for making false claims against the airline and/or the person working for the airline? He may get crazy at times but he isn't stupid....

His "perception" of the level of rudeness may be TRUE to HIM. That doesn't mean anyone else on the flight viewed it as he did.

JustAlex
09-06-2012, 09:30 PM
what does anything he has said on TV or online have to do with him receiving typical service from a flight attendant? It's two separate things. I get that people don't like him for a variety of reasons, but the guy was on the clock and he had no right to let his personal beliefs to what Beck had said in prior situations effect the quality of service he provided. Like I said, if it was a such a huge deal for this guy he should have switched posts with another attendant and took himself out of the situation.

I don't feel sorry for him either. As far as terrible things, a guy not opening up your coke and being short with you ranks way down on the list of atrocities. The flight attendant still should have used better judgement.
Before we can start talking about flight attendants and AA in general, shouldn't we question his story more critically?

C'mon, this is a guy who would write down conspiracies on his board day after day, this is a man who has deep credibility issues.

I simply don't believe his story, I think he's using it to get sympathy or maybe he has had a bad experience with AA (not because they are targeting him) and he embellished the story.

Like I said, when all you do is LIE, and cry wolf......I'm not going to believe you.

theonedru
09-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Before we can start talking about flight attendants and AA in general, shouldn't we question his story more critically?

C'mon, this is a guy who would write down conspiracies on his board day after day, this is a man who has deep credibility issues.

I simply don't believe his story, I think he's using it to get sympathy or maybe he has had a bad experience with AA (not because they are targeting him) and he embellished the story.

Like I said, when all you do is LIE, and cry wolf......I'm not going to believe you.

And when ll you do is make up wild accusations that you cannot back up its hard to take what you say seriously....... ( And I mean stand up in a court of law and back it up not cut and paste gibberish)

cbuskstwar
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Then why do you believe the dems?

Wickabee
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Glen Beck is an idiot, not because of his beliefs, but because he approaches them like Chicken Little meets Pat Robertson and throws a nice touch of Martyr in their for good measure.
True, false, whatever, this is just his martyrdom cycle. He'll be back to trying to connect Obama to Lenin soon enough. Beck used to be ok to watch from time to time. Then he got picked up by FOX and went straight to hell.

Star_Cards
09-07-2012, 01:13 PM

I agree that I'd like to hear the other side of the story or maybe stories from a passenger that may have witnessed the rudeness. My posts were speaking on the side that it did happen. It could have easily not have happened exactly the way Beck claims. If you don't believe his story that is fine but I still stand by my post that it would be wrong for a flight attendant to do this to someone they are supposed to be serving on the flight.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Glen Beck is an idiot, not because of his beliefs, but because he approaches them like Chicken Little meets Pat Robertson and throws a nice touch of Martyr in their for good measure.
True, false, whatever, this is just his martyrdom cycle. He'll be back to trying to connect Obama to Lenin soon enough. Beck used to be ok to watch from time to time. Then he got picked up by FOX and went straight to hell.

His current show is better than it was on fox.

Wickabee
09-07-2012, 04:22 PM
His current show is better than it was on fox.

It really doesn't matter to me. His time on FOX lost him any credibility I thought he had. It's sad too, because when he was on (I think it was) HLN, I stopped and watched a fair amount. I rarely agreed with a word he said, but he wasn't the big pile of ridiculousness he became on FOX.