PDA

View Full Version : Dems Did It

shrewsbury
09-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Ok, it s over, obama is going to win. i can't believe i watched biden and obama's speeches, but i did, and they were good. he made sure he mentioned God, gays, and women. i can only Hope he is going to Change and stick with what he said in his speech tonight.
more jobs, strong military, relief for the middle class, and welfare reform.

mrveggieman
09-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Ok, it s over, obama is going to win. i can't believe i watched biden and obama's speeches, but i did, and they were good. he made sure he mentioned God, gays, and women. i can only Hope he is going to Change and stick with what he said in his speech tonight.
more jobs, strong military, relief for the middle class, and welfare reform.

I believe if both political parties worked together with the president we can have a lot of positive changes that will benefit everyone in the long run.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Funny, no mention of ACA or stimulus by Obama. Wonder why.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I believe if both political parties worked together with the president we can have a lot of positive changes that will benefit everyone in the long run.

Did you see the leak about the new Bob Woodward book where he talks about how Obama and Boehner basically had a deal before the debt crisis last summer, and then Obama asked for something like $400 billion more in taxes at the 11th hour, and that's what caused the deal to crater?

mrveggieman
09-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Did you see the leak about the new Bob Woodward book where he talks about how Obama and Boehner basically had a deal before the debt crisis last summer, and then Obama asked for something like $400 billion more in taxes at the 11th hour, and that's what caused the deal to crater?

Honestly I have never heard of it.

shrewsbury
09-07-2012, 10:20 AM
taxman, i noticed they left out many things, but they did a good job avoiding these things and talking the whole hope idea. i did not agree with some of what was said, but the manner it was said is what most will remember.

habsheaven
09-07-2012, 10:33 AM
At least they didn't forget to acknowledge the troops serving overseas.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
taxman, i noticed they left out many things, but they did a good job avoiding these things and talking the whole hope idea. i did not agree with some of what was said, but the manner it was said is what most will remember.

that's how he has made a living in politics, by being a great orator.

cbuskstwar
09-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Totally agree, I just think ego's and party lines just get in the way. Again, its more important for these clowns (dems & reps) to get re-elected than really doing anything for the country.

I believe we need term limits for those in the house and senate, if anything just to insure they do something while there other than bank cash for there re-election campaign.

pghin08
09-07-2012, 11:54 AM
I think I was the only person who wasn't all that impressed. And I definitely don't think this convention assures an Obama victory.

shrewsbury
09-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Boss, I hope you are right!!!

habsheaven
09-07-2012, 12:37 PM
I got a sense that the Dems speeches targeted the undecided voters better. Although, that could just be my bias showing. Fortunately, the debates will ensure an Obama victory.

Wickabee
09-07-2012, 12:49 PM
I sat through Biden's whole speech and didn't laugh once. That's a first.
The OP is correct in saying they were very well presented speeches and, as said earlier, most people will remember that over the substance (and that's not a Dem thing, it's everyone).
As for avoiding certain things, Ryan and Romney avoided their entire platform, opting instead for vague statements such as "We're going to make America better again" "I believe this is the best nation on Earth and I will continue to keep it that way" but were very quiet on the "how"s. So both parties are guilty of doing that and, quite frankly, we're so used to politicians lying and avoiding and being vague that I expect nothing less any more.

AUTaxMan
09-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I think I was the only person who wasn't all that impressed. And I definitely don't think this convention assures an Obama victory.

It was more of the same stuff we've been hearing for 5 years now.

tutall
09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I sat through Biden's whole speech and didn't laugh once. That's a first.
The OP is correct in saying they were very well presented speeches and, as said earlier, most people will remember that over the substance (and that's not a Dem thing, it's everyone).
As for avoiding certain things, Ryan and Romney avoided their entire platform, opting instead for vague statements such as "We're going to make America better again" "I believe this is the best nation on Earth and I will continue to keep it that way" but were very quiet on the "how"s. So both parties are guilty of doing that and, quite frankly, we're so used to politicians lying and avoiding and being vague that I expect nothing less any more.

Couldnt agree more... we were having a discussion at work Saturday about this and really in my opinion Romney doesnt have a chance... he comes off as an arrogent prick to most average Americans I feel. Instead of trying (and filing) to prove he is just like me he needs to show what he will do to change the country...The fact is the only plan out there is Paul Ryans and while I have not done a ton of research on it, at first glance it looks pretty unrealistic.

AUTaxMan
09-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Couldnt agree more... we were having a discussion at work Saturday about this and really in my opinion Romney doesnt have a chance... he comes off as an arrogent prick to most average Americans I feel. Instead of trying (and filing) to prove he is just like me he needs to show what he will do to change the country...The fact is the only plan out there is Paul Ryans and while I have not done a ton of research on it, at first glance it looks pretty unrealistic.

At least Romney and Ryan are trying. What is Obama's plan? More hope and change?

tutall
09-10-2012, 11:37 PM
At least Romney and Ryan are trying. What is Obama's plan? More hope and change?

I agree... but that speach at the RNC should have been more we will fix this and here is how instead of Im one of you, vote for me... This election has GOT to be run on policy and not likeability of Romney doesnt have a chance IMO

JustAlex
09-11-2012, 12:11 AM
I think Shrew is playing reverse psychology with everyone on here.

Kinda like when your team is down 0-3 in a series.....you're already declaring victory to your opponent, fully wanting them to choke.

AUTaxMan
09-11-2012, 12:13 AM
I agree... but that speach at the RNC should have been more we will fix this and here is how instead of Im one of you, vote for me... This election has GOT to be run on policy and not likeability of Romney doesnt have a chance IMO

I think the details will be part of the dialogue once the debates start.

indexed
09-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Im not sure about that they showed the polls today and then contrasted them with elections in the past. For example they had Carter up on Regan at this point in the election. And Bush Sr. losing really bad to whoever he was running against Mondale I think.

mrveggieman
09-11-2012, 08:00 AM

What are Romney/Ryan trying to do? Take our country straight to hell and reap all the profits from it. Sorry I will pass and vote for Obama.

Wickabee
09-11-2012, 01:47 PM
It was more of the same stuff we've been hearing for 5 years now.

Really? Do you have proof? Unless you post everything the Democrats have ever said in the past 5 years you have no credibility.

duwal
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM

no way does he get the concerns of most middle class people. Heck I'm a Republican attorney in the 1% and think he's way out of touch with people like myself as well