PDA

View Full Version : Comcast cable rates to raise for second time this year

mrveggieman
09-10-2012, 08:56 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/business/comcasts-cable-rates-rise-for-second-time-this-yea/nR6fN/

Oxxon
09-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Time Warner removed 2 channels and charged me $12 more a month to see fewer channels.

Frantiic
09-12-2012, 05:15 AM
that is insane, the whole tv business is messed up. In sweden we pay around $50 per Q just for having a TV, radio or anything like that. and twice a year i pay $40 for the card i put in the box so i can watch TV .. + i pay roughly $70 per month for 40 channels.. and i only watch about 15 of them. i have the smallest package available and still pay that amount. You guys should be glad you dont pay so much :)

Triple Peanut
09-12-2012, 11:44 AM
sports are the only thing keeping me from dumping cable. i can't think of an actual tv show i watch, just dvds and sports.
just one more way my sports addiction is breaking my bank :)

mrveggieman
09-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Yeah I have ATT U-Verse. Although I like the service at times I didn't like a couple of years ago when I had the U-300 plan with all the sports channels and ATT sent me a letter acting like they were doing me a favor saying that I can now get all the extra sports channels that I had were now being offered in HD and I can pay extra to upgrade my package and keep them. Did I ask for them in HD? I was just fine with everything that I had the way it was. They were pretty much blackmailing me to pay more money to keep the channels that I already had. I told them thanks but no thanks keep the HD channels. Now since I just moved I was able to get on another promo that was a little cheaper but it still left a sour taste in my mouth. Im starting to think that comcast, att, direct tv, dish, cox, verizon, etc are have some deal under the table because no matter who you go to you are still going to get screwed while these big companies keep getting richer and richer.