PDA

View Full Version : Why Romney Will Win

mikesilvia
09-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Now that both conventions are over, the dimensions of the likely Romney triumph are becoming clear. Both through an analysis of the polling and an examination of the rhetoric, the parameters of the victory are emerging.Start with the polling. It appears that the bulk of the Obama post-convention bounce has been in blue states where his left-oriented convention stirred up the enthusiasm of an already committed group of voters. Among likely voters identified in The Washington Post poll -- taken after the conventions -- Obama holds a slim one-point edge. And an analysis of Rasmussen's...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/12/why_romney_will_win_115414.html)

habsheaven
09-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Keep dreaming!!!

pghin08
09-12-2012, 10:18 AM
I've looked at this from a lot of angles, and while I don't think a second Obama term is a foregone conclusion, there are much easier roads to the White House for Obama than for Romney. Romney has to basically hit a sweet spot of swing states, and one big one going agains him could cost him dearly.

Though I will admit, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt won the popular vote, but lost the electoral vote.

mrveggieman
09-12-2012, 10:27 AM
I've looked at this from a lot of angles, and while I don't think a second Obama term is a foregone conclusion, there are much easier roads to the White House for Obama than for Romney. Romney has to basically hit a sweet spot of swing states, and one big one going agains him could cost him dearly.

Though I will admit, I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt won the popular vote, but lost the electoral vote.

On the cool I wouldn't be surprised if there is another debacle like there was in Florida back in 2000 with GWB.

cbuskstwar
09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
On the cool I wouldn't be surprised if there is another debacle like there was in Florida back in 2000 with GWB.

On the cool, I wish you would make some kind of point rather than living in the past.

mrveggieman
09-12-2012, 10:39 AM
On the cool, I wish you would make some kind of point rather than living in the past.

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it," - George Santayana (December 16, 1863, Madrid – September 26, 1952, Rome)

cbuskstwar
09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
On the cool:

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Buddha (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/buddha101052.html)

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/past.html#SswAWPkIueiRFGyR.99

shrewsbury
09-12-2012, 11:13 AM
if we had voter ID laws, maybe this would e less of a possibility. ut some how it is racist?!!!

Star_Cards
09-12-2012, 11:14 AM

He did make a point. I read it as him saying that it will be a close race and some states will be very close. Not sure why you think he's living in the past by simply speculating that there may be another scenario similar to that of what happened in florida in 2000 with GWB and Gore.

pghin08
09-12-2012, 11:17 AM
if we had voter ID laws, maybe this would e less of a possibility. ut some how it is racist?!!!

Dude, Jay, what happened to your "B" key?

Frantiic
09-12-2012, 11:22 AM
can we keep this thread OT? :)

mrveggieman
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM

How in the world are voter ID laws going to stop rigged election machines?

AUTaxMan
09-12-2012, 12:18 PM
How in the world are voter ID laws going to stop rigged election machines?

Uh oh. The black helicopters are circling.

pghin08
09-12-2012, 12:30 PM

Each side only wants voter reform that benefits them. The Republicans cry for photo ID because poor people who don't have drivers licenses tend to vote Democratic, and Democrats go after absentee balloting because it's predominantly the military, and military tends to go Republican. It's all crap.

Wickabee
09-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Yeah, it's all crap. No one out there thinks voter ID laws are about allowing Governor Romney to win the election

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8

oops...

theonedru
09-12-2012, 01:10 PM
The fact that either Romney or Obama would win shows the true lack of intelligence in this country. You can't just switch between the same 2 things expecting something different when the past has proven otherwise. Grow up and open your eyes people to the reality of things.

pghin08
09-12-2012, 01:13 PM
The fact that either Romney or Obama would win shows the true lack of intelligence in this country. You can't just switch between the same 2 things expecting something different when the past has proven otherwise. Grow up and open your eyes people to the reality of things.

It doesn't show the lack of intelligence, it shows how deeply imbued the two party system is. People don't vote for third party candidates because they're not taken seriously by the media/partisan hacks.

mrveggieman
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
It doesn't show the lack of intelligence, it shows how deeply imbued the two party system is. People don't vote for third party candidates because they're not taken seriously by the media/partisan hacks.

I would love to vote for a 3rd party canidate however we all know that none of the 3rd party canidates have a snowman's chance in hell of winning so by voting 3rd party instead of the lesser of 2 evils it is just like voting for the greater of two evils.

JustAlex
09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I would love to vote for a 3rd party canidate however we all know that none of the 3rd party canidates have a snowman's chance in hell of winning so by voting 3rd party instead of the lesser of 2 evils it is just like voting for the greater of two evils.
Likewise.

I definitely wouldn't mind voting for the Green Party.....they are much more in line with what I believe than the democrats.

As for the topic....I guess I wouldn't be all that shocked in Romney wins, but I think one would have to consider it an "upset".

TPotts
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM
This is going to be the first election i'm voting, and to me the "less of the two evils" seems like the right way to put it...

dragonslayer913
09-12-2012, 02:14 PM
As much as i hate to see it happen but Obama will win a 2nd term..Every President since Reagan has served 2 terms and it won't end with this president..it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Romney wins the popular vote but Obama takes the electoral vote.

mrveggieman
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
As much as i hate to see it happen but Obama will win a 2nd term..Every President since Reagan has served 2 terms and it won't end with this president..it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Romney wins the popular vote but Obama takes the electoral vote.

The first Bush only served 1 term.

*censored*
09-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Nationwide polls are meaningless until we abandon the electoral college.

You want to know how this election will fall? Look at polls in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, North Carolina, and Virginia.

ElectionProjection.com has it going toward Obama right now, with Romney taking the popular vote. The Senate, House, and state governors will all go GOP.

pghin08
09-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Nationwide polls are meaningless until we abandon the electoral college.

You want to know how this election will fall? Look at polls in Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, North Carolina, and Virginia.

ElectionProjection.com has it going toward Obama right now, with Romney taking the popular vote. The Senate, House, and state governors will all go GOP.

Could totally see this happening.

AUTaxMan
09-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Could totally see this happening.

Me too.

AUTaxMan
09-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Each side only wants voter reform that benefits them. The Republicans cry for photo ID because poor people who don't have drivers licenses tend to vote Democratic, and Democrats go after absentee balloting because it's predominantly the military, and military tends to go Republican. It's all crap.

A buddy of mine in the Alabama legislature sent me this tonight.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20120912/NEWS/120919957/1012/opinion?Title=EDITORIAL-Uniontown-vote-makes-a-case-for-Voter-ID-laws

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 11:32 AM
If absentee ballots are the problem, why don't the go after absentee ballots?

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 11:35 AM
If absentee ballots are the problem, why don't the go after absentee ballots?

Because that will take votes away from the GOP silly. :sign0020: