PDA

View Full Version : Obama Hints at Flaws in Romney's Character, Judgment

mikesilvia
09-13-2012, 12:10 AM
After John McCain announced in late September of 2008 that he would suspend his presidential campaign and return to Washington for strategy sessions on the proposed bank bailout -- a decision that came on the heels of saying that "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" -- then-Sen. Barack Obama went for the jugular, attacking his more experienced opponent for “erratic and uncertain leadership.”Mideast violence this week targeting two U.S. diplomatic outposts claimed four American lives. Though the scope and nature of the crisis is different from the...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/12/obama_hints_at_flaws_in_romneys_character_judgment _115427.html)

habsheaven
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Romney will end up being a disaster if he ever wins the election. Where are all the critics of Obama's foreign policy when Romney makes a fool of himself?

AUTaxMan
09-13-2012, 01:09 PM
If Romney wins, I will hold him to the same strict scrutiny that I have Obama. Remember, Romney was not the first choice for many Republicans.

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 01:14 PM
If Romney wins, I will hold him to the same strict scrutiny that I have Obama. Remember, Romney was not the first choice for many Republicans.

At first Romney seemed like the moderate republican compared to all of the other garbage put out there by the republicans. Now it seems like romeney is the same piece of trash that has been rehashed before. IMO if the republicans were serious about having a decent canidate with a decent shot of winning they should have let McCain run again and gave him a running mate with some sense even though those are few and far between in the GOP.

AUTaxMan
09-13-2012, 01:16 PM
At first Romney seemed like the moderate republican compared to all of the other garbage put out there by the republicans. Now it seems like romeney is the same piece of trash that has been rehashed before. IMO if the republicans were serious about having a decent canidate with a decent shot of winning they should have let McCain run again and gave him a running mate with some sense even though those are few and far between in the GOP.

what has caused you to form this opinion of romney?

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 01:20 PM
The fact he used to make some sense but now just panders to the cool ki...er, Teat Partiers.

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 01:22 PM
what has caused you to form this opinion of romney?

What world do you live in mrtaxman? You must be one of the filthy rich people that he caters to. Romney does not give a damn about the working man, he cannot be trusted doing the right thing with our tax money since he is so secretive of his tax returns and he also insensitive to the needs of the common man to have basic health care for himself and his family. Again if you are filthy rich and don't care about the working men then you I can understand why you would support someone with the same agenda that you have but as far as us working class people we need a canidate in office that represents us. Not saying that President Obama is the perfect canidate because there are some things that I disagree with him on but with the two canidates who have the most realistic chance of winning he is clearly the best.

ensbergcollector
09-13-2012, 01:27 PM
What world do you live in mrtaxman? You must be one of the filthy rich people that he caters to. Romney does not give a damn about the working man, he cannot be trusted doing the right thing with our tax money since he is so secretive of his tax returns and he also insensitive to the needs of the common man to have basic health care for himself and his family. Again if you are filthy rich and don't care about the working men then you I can understand why you would support someone with the same agenda that you have but as far as us working class people we need a canidate in office that represents us. Not saying that President Obama is the perfect canidate because there are some things that I disagree with him on but with the two canidates who have the most realistic chance of winning he is clearly the best.

can we therefore assume that obama cannot be trusted to do the right thing with our education system since he is so secretive about his school records?

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
So you are comparing what Obama did when he was a child in college to what Romney does as an adult who should have a better sense of right and wrong? Not to mention that when Obama was in college he...

gladdyontherise
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Children don't go to college, adults do. <br />
<br />
The double standard is truely amazing.

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Children don't go to college, adults do.

You know what the hell I am talking about. Yes if you are in college you are usually legally grown but to an adult 30+ you are still considered a kid. Thanks again for trying.

gladdyontherise
09-13-2012, 02:02 PM
You know what the hell I am talking about. Yes if you are in college you are usually legally grown but to an adult 30+ you are still considered a kid. Thanks again for trying.

Trying what? and I have no idea what you were talking about. I'd be insulted if you called me a child right now, when I'm 19, so how could I assume you claim to think that way for everyone?

I don't like Obama or Romney, and think they are both terrible. I'd just like it to stay consistent, because I know for a fact if it was something to do with Romney and college, you'd never call him a child.

ensbergcollector
09-13-2012, 02:05 PM
his secrecy is current. He didn't seal his files and threaten lawsuits when he was a &quot;kid&quot; he did it within the last 4 years. If secrecy is an issue, it should be an issue for both candidates, not...

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 02:19 PM
his secrecy is current. He didn't seal his files and threaten lawsuits when he was a "kid" he did it within the last 4 years. If secrecy is an issue, it should be an issue for both candidates, not just the one you don't like.
kid

What could he had possibly done in the classroom that is so terrible? Fail a math test? Cheat on a history exam? Get someone to write a term paper for him? Are you saying that no republican has ever done any of those while in school? Yes it is not a good thing to cheat in school but we learn from the mistakes in school grow up, mature and move on. I am more concerned with what a grown man 40+ does running a multi million dollar business and how he cheats on his income taxes than what some 18 year does in college unless he is a ballplayer. :thumb:

ensbergcollector
09-13-2012, 02:30 PM
What could he had possibly done in the classroom that is so terrible? Fail a math test? Cheat on a history exam? Get someone to write a term paper for him? Are you saying that no republican has ever done any of those while in school? Yes it is not a good thing to cheat in school but we learn from the mistakes in school grow up, mature and move on. I am more concerned with what a grown man 40+ does running a multi million dollar business and how he cheats on his income taxes than what some 18 year does in college unless he is a ballplayer. :thumb:

your response is exactly why it bothers me. what could he have done that is such a big deal? why is it worth threatening lawsuits to make sure it never comes out? I doubt anyone would care if he failed a test or cheated on an exam so why is he so protective of his records?

AUTaxMan
09-13-2012, 02:35 PM

so your opinion of romney is based on (a) not divulging his tax records, and (b) something about being insensitive to the common man? I understand though don't agree with your position on (a). I don't understand the insensitivity argument. Has he said something in particular that makes you think he doesn't care about ordinary people?

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 02:36 PM
As long as he did not commit any felonies and if he did it would have already been released by know what he did in college has absoultely no bearing on what he can/will do as our president. I am...

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 02:40 PM
so your opinion of romney is based on (a) not divulging his tax records, and (b) something about being insensitive to the common man? I understand though don't agree with your position on (a). I don't understand the insensitivity argument. Has he said something in particular that makes you think he doesn't care about ordinary people?

Ok tax man work is slow right now so I will engage you in your game. Let's talk about obamacare. Romney is hellbent on revoking it. Why because Obama thought of it not him. Romney had a similiar plan in Mass. Also even if obamacare has some potential problems I don't see romney doing anything to ensure that the public has access to affordable health care. He is appealing to the ultra rich who dont want to pay taxes to help out their fellow citizens. Romney is out of touch with the plight of the common man and will make a terrible president.

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Children don't go to college, adults do.

Really? Why don't you ask shrewsbury about that...

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 02:43 PM

A voucher health care system?

AUTaxMan
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Ok tax man work is slow right now so I will engage you in your game. Let's talk about obamacare. Romney is hellbent on revoking it. Why because Obama thought of it not him. Romney had a similiar plan in Mass. Also even if obamacare has some potential problems I don't see romney doing anything to ensure that the public has access to affordable health care. He is appealing to the ultra rich who dont want to pay taxes to help out their fellow citizens. Romney is out of touch with the plight of the common man and will make a terrible president.

I don't think you appreciate the financial disaster that is Obamacare. He has clearly demonstrated that he believes we need a better safety net. I think he even supports covering pre-existing conditions, which I vehemently oppose, but ACA is not financially sustainable and creates a government bureaucracy unparalleled. Romney wants to wipe the slate clean and replace it with something better. Please educate yourself:

http://www.mittromney.com/issues/health-care

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think you appreciate the financial disaster that is Obamacare. He has clearly demonstrated that he believes we need a better safety net. I think he even supports covering pre-existing conditions, which I vehemently oppose, but ACA is not financially sustainable and creates a government bureaucracy unparalleled. Romney wants to wipe the slate clean and replace it with something better. Please educate yourself:

Romney won't do anything if elected. A vote for Romney as President is a vote to have Ryan running the country while Mitt screws up foreign affairs.

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 03:12 PM

So Romney is pretty much blowing smoke up our butts and passing the buck off to someone else. Typical politician. Thanks but I will take my chances with obamacare.

AUTaxMan
09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
So Romney is pretty much blowing smoke up our butts and passing the buck off to someone else. Typical politician. Thanks but I will take my chances with obamacare.

How is he "blowing smoke up our butts?"

How is he "passing the buck off to someone else?"

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 03:27 PM

He's not. He's actually going to end up taking credit for what his VP actually did, if elected.

mrveggieman
09-13-2012, 03:41 PM
How is he "blowing smoke up our butts?"

Did you not read where on the website that you linked that he was going to pass the responsiblity off to the states? That way if something goes wrong he can throw his hands up in the air and say don't blame me blame the states. Nothing but a cop out on his end.

habsheaven
09-13-2012, 03:52 PM

Next time you tell someone to educate themselves, don't send them to a site full of misinformation.

tutall
09-13-2012, 08:55 PM
wow... talking point talking points talking points....

First off I would rather have a genious businessman in the white house than a career politician... Put someone like Jamie Dimon or someone with power and money. I would take those guys over either of these candidates... But they probably dont want to deal with the idiots who make policy and arent very electable... Im trying to figure out why we are blasting Mitt for being rich though... When was success turned evil? Wouldnt you rather have someone in office who has actually been in the business of making money? Again, Romney on Iran scares the hell out of me but I just cant figure out why Mitt is getting a raw deal because he is rich...Plus I know it isnt on the same level but it isnt like Barack is going straight back to the poor house after his presidency is over... He is wealthy also and probably just as out of touch as Romney.... He just has better speachwriters.

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 09:08 PM
wow... talking point talking points talking points....

First off I would rather have a genious businessman in the white house than a career politician... Put someone like Jamie Dimon or someone with power and money. I would take those guys over either of these candidates... But they probably dont want to deal with the idiots who make policy and arent very electable... Im trying to figure out why we are blasting Mitt for being rich though... When was success turned evil? Wouldnt you rather have someone in office who has actually been in the business of making money? Again, Romney on Iran scares the hell out of me but I just cant figure out why Mitt is getting a raw deal because he is rich...Plus I know it isnt on the same level but it isnt like Barack is going straight back to the poor house after his presidency is over... He is wealthy also and probably just as out of touch as Romney.... He just has better speachwriters.

No one is out of touch as Romney. The man has never had a problem he couldn't pay to go away.

Not that that's the actual problem. The problem is a guy who has no idea what it's like to be poor...heck I wouldn't even say he knows what it's like to be well off. He's been beyond wealthy his entire life, and he wants to cut social programs and give the rich more tax breaks than they already have.

All while trying to sell it as "fighting for the little guy"

Yeah, Romney sounds great.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Uh' I think Ol' Barack is the last one who should be checking someones character and Judgement , He is the most inexperienced guy in any room he is in and cannot tell the truth if his life depended on it . Cmon' Barack run on your record you piece of .......nevermind he will be in the unemployment line soon enough .

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Uh' I think Ol' Barack is the last one who should be checking someones character and Judgement , He is the most inexperienced guy in any room he is in and cannot tell the truth if his life depended on it . Cmon' Barack run on your record you piece of .......nevermind he will be in the unemployment line soon enough .

Let's see.

YEARS AS PRESIDENT:
Barack Obama: 4
Mitt Romney: 0

Who has more experience in the job?

INTIMADATOR2007
09-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Let's see.

YEARS AS PRESIDENT:
Barack Obama: 4
Mitt Romney: 0

Who has more experience in the job?
Romney hands down !

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Romney hands down !

By never working the job, he has more experience than the guy who's worked half the possible amount.

Tell me again how Mitt Romney has ANY experience as President.

tutall
09-13-2012, 11:17 PM
No one is out of touch as Romney. The man has never had a problem he couldn't pay to go away.

Not that that's the actual problem. The problem is a guy who has no idea what it's like to be poor...heck I wouldn't even say he knows what it's like to be well off. He's been beyond wealthy his entire life, and he wants to cut social programs and give the rich more tax breaks than they already have.

All while trying to sell it as "fighting for the little guy"

Yeah, Romney sounds great.

I agree with the shouting for the little guy part... I think he needs to come in and straight up say I plan on cutting this this and this... He needs to show America why he is successfull and where he will take the country. Why he made all the money he has made and show his track record on jobs. He needs to show his tax returns to say this is how I got wealthy and I want to get everyone else to where I am... Its sickening how we as a country are so jealous of people who have made it. I love reading about millionaires and strive to be just like them every day... Its a shame people would rather se rich people fail then try to mimick their lives and get rich themselves

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 11:21 PM
I agree with the shouting for the little guy part... I think he needs to come in and straight up say I plan on cutting this this and this... He needs to show America why he is successfull and where he will take the country.
Didn't he grow up...er, wealthy? Tough to not be successful when everything gets handed to you.

Why he made all the money he has made and show his track record on jobs.
He's great at creatin jobs. Just ask China, India, Taiwan...

He needs to show his tax returns to say this is how I got wealthy and I want to get everyone else to where I am... Its sickening how we as a country are so jealous of people who have made it. I love reading about millionaires and strive to be just like them every day... Its a shame people would rather se rich people fail then try to mimick their lives and get rich themselves

He really does need to say these things. Say he GOT rich by being born into the right family tand then increased that wealth by shipping jobs overseas. If he told the truth like that, he wouldn't be able to spew his lies about caring for the little people. He'd just as soon step on them than help them.

tutall
09-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Didn't he grow up...er, wealthy? Tough to not be successful when everything gets handed to you.

Shame on him for growing up with money...

He's great at creatin jobs. Just ask China, India, Taiwan...

As an investor I would hope copanies I give my money do exploit any loopholes they can to get me the best return possible. Maybe instead of crticizing him because he had a rsponsibility to his shareholders and his shareholders only we should take a look at the system that made shipping jobs overseas so profitable.

He really does need to say these things. Say he GOT rich by being born into the right family tand then increased that wealth by shipping jobs overseas. If he told the truth like that, he wouldn't be able to spew his lies about caring for the little people. He'd just as soon step on them than help them.

I agree... his speak about the common man is a little forced but if Obama said what he truly believed it would probably be about the same... lets face it... honestly there is no good choice in this election but I am going for the person I think can help this economy the most and that is by far Mitt

habsheaven
09-14-2012, 09:54 AM
I am going for the person I think can help this economy the most and that is by far Mitt

How did you arrive at the decision that Romney can help the economy more than Obama?

Wickabee
09-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Shame on him for growing up with money...
It goes against everything he's said. He says he's for the common man, he isn't. He says he cares about America's health, he doesn't. He says he cares about America's economy. He doesn't.
Mitt Romney cares about Mitt Romney and those closest to Mitt Romney. No one else. I don't think it makes him a bad guy, but it does make him a terrible candidate.

As an investor I would hope copanies I give my money do exploit any loopholes they can to get me the best return possible. Maybe instead of crticizing him because he had a rsponsibility to his shareholders and his shareholders only we should take a look at the system that made shipping jobs overseas so profitable.
Seeing as he's running so high on being such a great job creator, I don't think it's out of line to check into where he actually created those jobs. If he cared so little about the American economy then, why would he start giving a damn now?

I agree... his speak about the common man is a little forced but if Obama said what he truly believed it would probably be about the same... lets face it... honestly there is no good choice in this election but I am going for the person I think can help this economy the most and that is by far Mitt

1 - A little? You may as well try to teach rhythm to a cat. But at least we do agree here.
2 - Obama at least knows what it's like to not have millions upon millions. Do I think he cares about the little people? Not really, but more than Mitt, because at least Obama has met a few.
3 - If that's how you see it, great. Go vote, that's how the system works! (You know, if it actually worked)

tutall
09-14-2012, 09:32 PM
How did you arrive at the decision that Romney can help the economy more than Obama?

Personally I dont think the economy as it sits right now is the issue. There are a ton of companis out there holding right where they are and doing no investing because they are waiting to see what obamacare is going to do to them. I believe perception is reality and a large percentage of small businesses are sitting n cash right now instead of investing in expansion or new employees. I think Romney giving it a fresh boost will improve confidence in business and move the economy forward.

tutall
09-14-2012, 09:42 PM
It goes against everything he's said. He says he's for the common man, he isn't. He says he cares about America's health, he doesn't. He says he cares about America's economy. He doesn't.
Mitt Romney cares about Mitt Romney and those closest to Mitt Romney. No one else. I don't think it makes him a bad guy, but it does make him a terrible candidate.

I disagree.... I think he is passionate about the American economy. I dont think he is for the common man but I could care less.... If it gets better at the top it wil trickle down. I know a lot of people dont feel that way but in my opinion cutting taxes on the rich will put more money in the pockets of people like me when they come to my place of business and invest or buy items. By cutting taxes on corporation they will either A. hire new employees, or B. invest in machinery or expansion that will help the common man. In a sense even though you look at it as giving his buddy a break I see it as helping us all by giving his buddy a break.

Seeing as he's running so high on being such a great job creator, I don't think it's out of line to check into where he actually created those jobs. If he cared so little about the American economy then, why would he start giving a damn now?

How many jobs has Obama created ever? He would start now because formerly as CEO the only people he needed to please were shareholders... Taxpayers are the shareholders of the US which gives him a responsibility of creating jobs here. As a shareholder I would expect him to do what is best for the bottom line of the company and because of current laws and taxes it is cheaper to move jobs overseas.

1 - A little? You may as well try to teach rhythm to a cat. But at least we do agree here.
2 - Obama at least knows what it's like to not have millions upon millions. Do I think he cares about the little people? Not really, but more than Mitt, because at least Obama has met a few.
3 - If that's how you see it, great. Go vote, that's how the system works! (You know, if it actually worked)

Anyone in bational politics really could care less about you and me... We have a congressman from a small town of a couple hundred who grew up on a family farm and used to come in and talk to us on a regular basis... Havent seen him in a while and really dont plan on it... He has bigger fish to fry than some measley employees across the street from his old office. All these guys are out of touch because of the boards they serve on and the deep pockets than fund them

Wickabee
09-15-2012, 01:09 PM
*double post*

Wickabee
09-15-2012, 01:39 PM
I disagree.... I think he is passionate about the American economy. I dont think he is for the common man but I could care less.... If it gets better at the top it wil trickle down. I know a lot of people dont feel that way but in my opinion cutting taxes on the rich will put more money in the pockets of people like me when they come to my place of business and invest or buy items. By cutting taxes on corporation they will either A. hire new employees, or B. invest in machinery or expansion that will help the common man. In a sense even though you look at it as giving his buddy a break I see it as helping us all by giving his buddy a break.
"Feed the rich and let the poor beg for scraps" or "trickle down" is not good for anyone but the already wealthy. It can be theorized, but in reality, we are all sitting under the table waiting for something to fall. That doesn't sound good for you (I'd say me, but I'm Canadian).

How many jobs has Obama created ever? He would start now because formerly as CEO the only people he needed to please were shareholders... Taxpayers are the shareholders of the US which gives him a responsibility of creating jobs here. As a shareholder I would expect him to do what is best for the bottom line of the company and because of current laws and taxes it is cheaper to move jobs overseas.
Yes, Romney showed he cares more about money than his own country and economy. He showed he is a GREAT puppet. In short, he showed he's a GREAT Republican candidate.
Terrible Presidential candidate, but a money-grubbing puppet sounds exactly like what the Republican party wants.

Anyone in bational politics really could care less about you and me... We have a congressman from a small town of a couple hundred who grew up on a family farm and used to come in and talk to us on a regular basis... Havent seen him in a while and really dont plan on it... He has bigger fish to fry than some measley employees across the street from his old office. All these guys are out of touch because of the boards they serve on and the deep pockets than fund them
That I can agree with, but at the same time, conservatives (like INTIM) like to talk about Obama having less political and business experience, but Obama has more real world experience. I don't think he really cares about the middle class, but I do think he sees them as people. I think Romney sees the middle class as one entity, not as a group of people.

BGT Masters
09-15-2012, 01:59 PM

I just HAAAAAAAAAAAAD to quote this, because I specifically remember you throwing a hissy fit when we said the samething about Trayvon. Thanks for giving me a nice chuckle for the day.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-15-2012, 04:45 PM
"Feed the rich and let the poor beg for scraps" or "trickle down" is not good for anyone but the already wealthy. It can be theorized, but in reality, we are all sitting under the table waiting for something to fall. That doesn't sound good for you (I'd say me, but I'm Canadian).

Yes, Romney showed he cares more about money than his own country and economy. He showed he is a GREAT puppet. In short, he showed he's a GREAT Republican candidate.
Terrible Presidential candidate, but a money-grubbing puppet sounds exactly like what the Republican party wants.

That I can agree with, but at the same time, conservatives (like INTIM) like to talk about Obama having less political and business experience, but Obama has more real world experience. I don't think he really cares about the middle class, but I do think he sees them as people. I think Romney sees the middle class as one entity, not as a group of people.
Would you like to school me on Obama's 172 days in the senate without any votes vs. Romney as governor for years , How about Obama business experience , does he have any ? He has never had a real job how can he have business experience ? Just because Romney has not held the presidency YET dosent mean he is any less qualified than Obama , Hell from what Obama has done he has no presidency experience yet, he's a slow learner. Obama does have more real world experience , because he didnt step foot in the 48 states till he was 17 years old . He has no America experience .

Wickabee
09-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Would you like to school me on Obama's 172 days in the senate without any votes vs. Romney as governor for years , How about Obama business experience , does he have any ? He has never had a real job how can he have business experience ? Just because Romney has not held the presidency YET dosent mean he is any less qualified than Obama , Hell from what Obama has done he has no presidency experience yet, he's a slow learner. Obama does have more real world experience , because he didnt step foot in the 48 states till he was 17 years old . He has no America experience .
Yeah, I'm not responding to this, since you've completely missed the point I was making. When you can comprehend what I posted there, we can talk.

tutall
09-16-2012, 10:37 AM

So you dont think giving everyone more money to spend is a good thing? Itis funny that some people think giving the rich a tax break will suddenly make us as individuals worse off... You make it sound like cutting taxes for the rich will somehow take money out of our pocket. What Romney has proposed is cutting everyones taxes not just the wealthy.

I still propose a former CEO is exactly what this country needs... Maybe not Romney but someone will REAL business experience and having to balance a P&L and reporting to shareholders is experience you cannot get anywhere else but in business.

The only real world experience I am worried about it what I detailed above.... I could care less if he served food at a soup kitchen and that makes him more qualified for a job. There are a TON of good people out there but just because someone donates all their time to community service and organizing projects does not make them the best candidate for presidency. Again, I am not saying Romney is the best ever, I just think at this time he is the best candidate because of his background in business. I think his foreign policy ideas suck but honestly I dont think there are any good plans out there

Wickabee
09-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes, and then Romney wants to cut taxes for the rich further. It's not that giving them money makes anyone poorer, but tax dollars exist for a reason and are necessary. How does he plan to pay for...