PDA

View Full Version : Obama is so smart he doesn't need intel briefings

INTIMADATOR2007
09-13-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/marc-thiessen-obama-alone-this-president-does-not-need-intel-briefers/2012/09/13/c11e1a52-fda5-11e1-b153-218509a954e1_story.html

When I asked National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor if the president had attended any meetings to discuss the Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) since Sept. 5, he repeatedly refused to answer. He noted that Obama had attended a principals meeting of the National Security Council on Sept. 10 and reiterated that he reads the PDB. “As I’ve told you every time you ask, the President gets his PDB every day,” Vietor told me by e-mail, adding this swipe at Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush: “Unlike your former boss, he has it delivered to his residence in the morning and not briefed to him.” (This new line of defense was echoed this morning by my Post colleague, Dana Milbank, who writes thatBush was briefed every day (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-mitt-romneys-bucket-brigade/2012/09/12/1aa4fde0-fd2c-11e1-8adc-499661afe377_story.html?hpid=z3)by his intelligence advisers because he “decided he would prefer to read less.”)
Vietor’s reply is quite revealing. It is apparently a point of pride in the White House that Obama’s PDB is “not briefed to him.” In the eyes of this administration, it is a virtue that the president does not meet every day with senior intelligence officials. This president, you see, does not needbriefers. He can forgo his daily intelligence meeting because he is, in Vietor’s words, “among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet.”

Obviously Mr. Vietor's head is so far up Obama butt he clearly can't see the light . This has to be the most stupidest president in the history of this country.

pghin08
09-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Uh...so the issue is that Obama reads his briefings rather than having them read to him?

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Obviously Mr. Vietor's head is so far up Obama butt he clearly can't see the light . This has to be the most stupidest president in the history of this country.

I'm not going to say he is or he isn't, but I'm sure he at least knows that "most stupidest" is a redundant statement.
You wanted "most stupid" or "stupidest". If you're going to criticize someone for being stupid, at least get the 8th grade grammar correct.

As far as the article itself, I have to agree with the post above. Are you seriously mad that he reads them instead of having them read to him?
If so...
Are you saying every other President did the opposite?
If so...
Are you saying the one President who reads is the stupidest?

I have problems with all three.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Uh...so the issue is that Obama reads his briefings rather than having them read to him?
The isssue is Obama think she is smarter than anyone else in the white house and needs no advisors but himself ,hows that working for him ?

Wickabee
09-13-2012, 10:10 PM
The isssue is Obama think she is smarter than anyone else in the white house and needs no advisors but himself ,hows that working for him ?

Leave it to a republican to want a President who doesn't think, but only listens...

mrveggieman
09-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Leave it to a republican to want a President who doesn't think, but only listens...

This. ^^^^^^

pghin08
09-14-2012, 11:07 AM

If he thought he didn't need advisors, then he wouldn't have them.

Star_Cards
09-14-2012, 02:46 PM
seems like a poor criticism point because he reads intel rather than having a meeting and having it given to him verbally. To me reading is way more productive than having someone take time to meet with you and reading a report to you.

BGT Masters
09-14-2012, 05:13 PM
I prefer dumb, dumber, dumbest personally. ;) Stupidest just sounds odd. As long as he is getting his intel who cares how he gets it. If its told to him or if he reads it himself.

MANTLEFAN
09-14-2012, 06:08 PM
obama is an idiot enough said vote Romney

habsheaven
09-14-2012, 06:11 PM
And the nonsense attacks on Obama continue. :pound:

Wickabee
09-14-2012, 07:25 PM
And the nonsense attacks on Obama continue. :pound:

Come on man, he's so stupid that he reads!