PDA

View Full Version : Bible/Qu'ran questions

mrveggieman
09-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Use this thread if your hear/read or go to your house of worship and hear a Bible/Qu'ran or any other verse from a holy book that you do not understand, have questions about, need further info on or would like to discuss. Most of us have some experience with the bible and a few of us have experience with the Qu'ran. Now despite what some of us think about ourselves NONE of us are experts on either of those books. The last time that I checked there is only 1 expert on any of those books and He never post on SCF. So with that being said I saw the following pic on an atheist group on facebook.

http://thumbp15-ne1.thumb.mail.yahoo.com/tn?sid=13510803458667711&mid=AO3TimIAATeJUFMZWgXI22McC5A&midoffset=2_0_0_1_2188274&partid=2&f=1816&fid=Inbox

What there were trying to suggest is that the bible is saying to follow God blindly without using any common sense. I have to disagree with that and I think that it is saying to have faith that God will work things out for you and that you cannot do things alone. What do you think?

ensbergcollector
09-14-2012, 09:40 AM
nevermind

habsheaven
09-14-2012, 09:46 AM
There's a thoughtful talk about the Qu'ran on TEDTalks that a few of you might be interested in viewing. I don't have a link to it right now but I will find it later and post.

mrveggieman
09-14-2012, 10:13 AM
@ensberg I would defitenly love to hear your insight.
@habs I can't wait to see the link when you find it.

shrewsbury
09-17-2012, 08:46 AM
veggie, being a christian, I believe in Jesus. I believe our body's are the temple of where God dwells and thus we can often use our intellect, the intellect of others, common sense, and our spirit to help guide us. I have never been under the assumption that anyone knows all there is to know about my God, well except Jesus. If Jesus wanted us to follow blindly he would have never taught like He did, he would have used His Godly force to make us follow with no questions asked, so much is left to us, which ties into my idea of free will.

mrveggieman
09-17-2012, 10:29 AM
veggie, being a christian, I believe in Jesus. I believe our body's are the temple of where God dwells and thus we can often use our intellect, the intellect of others, common sense, and our spirit to help guide us. I have never been under the assumption that anyone knows all there is to know about my God, well except Jesus. If Jesus wanted us to follow blindly he would have never taught like He did, he would have used His Godly force to make us follow with no questions asked, so much is left to us, which ties into my idea of free will.

Great points Shrew!! :thumb: