1.reason for existence

the reason for which
something exists or for
which it has been done
or made

design [di ziín]

1.create detailed plan
of something

Please take note as there will be a test on this as these words come up regularly in daily conversation. Please also note there is no mention of infirmities or capabilities. Please learn these so you will not appear uneducated.

Wickabee
09-16-2012, 02:39 PM
...o...k?

drtom2005
09-16-2012, 06:33 PM
People who claim to be smarter than other people are usually not. Intellignece(in humans) does not need proof. It will be shown by actions and words.

And since I am in a quoting mood today, here is another one I love from Abe Lincoln.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/abrahamlin109276.html#LX55V1C3GwZujyR5.99

ALADOG
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
You might want to re-visit this to gain enlightenment

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threads/1723862-W-O-using-religion-can-someone-give-me-any-good-reasons-why-Gays-should-not-marry?highlight=gaymarriage

drtom2005
09-16-2012, 10:29 PM

http://www.sportscardforum.com/threads/1723862-W-O-using-religion-can-someone-give-me-any-good-reasons-why-Gays-should-not-marry?highlight=gaymarriage

Not really seeing the link. Could please explain to me how this thread has anything to do with your discussion? I may be wrong about this, but I think you were trying to imply something about a god creating the universe. Now, we go to gay marriage. Not following the reasoning.

Now, for the orignal post. Why could humans not just be the result of the rules of the universe? If anything, it makes all of us part of the grand cycle of the universe. Also, I find it more interesting that I and you are here without some great being.

Wickabee
09-16-2012, 10:55 PM

...o...k?

texansrangerfan73
09-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I got one

Hunger-noun 1. a compelling need or desire for food. 2. the painful sensation or state of weakness caused by the need of food.

Wickabee
09-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I got one

Hunger-noun 1. a compelling need or desire for food. 2. the painful sensation or state of weakness caused by the need of food.

It will be interesting to see the liberal spin on this.

duwal
09-17-2012, 12:15 AM
...o...k?

yup as you can see, that is Aladog. Just comes on here pretty much posting nonsense, not contributing to the site...no trades at all in 2 years of being a member

Wickabee
09-17-2012, 12:26 AM
yup as you can see, that is Aladog. Just comes on here pretty much posting nonsense, not contributing to the site...no trades at all in 2 years of being a member

I'm aware of the man's work.

AUTaxMan
09-17-2012, 10:22 AM
So what does "for all intensive purposes" mean?

habsheaven
09-17-2012, 10:47 AM
So what does "for all intensive purposes" mean?

It means nothing. The saying is: "for all intents and purposes"

AUTaxMan
09-17-2012, 10:48 AM
It means nothing. The saying is: "for all intents and purposes"

I was being facetious.

mrveggieman
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM

Hell, all I have is low end cards and I was still able make 97 and counting susseccful trades there is no excuse for him. It looks like we have one of these in the building.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png

duwal
09-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Hell, all I have is low end cards and I was still able make 97 and counting susseccful trades there is no excuse for him. It looks like we have one of these in the building.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png

its just puzzling for someone to take the time to join a message board for a specific genre of collecting or hobby and then not have ANY type of interaction on that site with other members about the hobby directly

TheTGB
09-17-2012, 05:09 PM
leech/lēCH/

Noun:

An aquatic or terrestrial annelid (class Hirudinea) with suckers at both ends. Many species are bloodsucking parasites, esp. of vertebra...
The after or leeward edge of a fore-and-aft sail, the leeward edge of a spinnaker, or a vertical edge of a square sail.

Verb:

Habitually exploit or rely on: "he's leeching off the abilities of others".

Synonyms:
bloodsucker

shrewsbury
09-17-2012, 07:20 PM
i admit i haven't traded in a little while. have more specifics needs for my PC and can't find them, so i just keep looking for something to pop up. on that note i don't think anyone should have to trade to contribute, but i still haven't figured this thread out.

puzzled
past participle, past tense of puz∑zle (Verb)
Verb:
Cause (someone) to feel confused because they cannot understand or make sense of something: "one remark he made puzzled me".
Think hard about something difficult to understand or explain: "she puzzled over this problem".

Wickabee
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
i admit i haven't traded in a little while. have more specifics needs for my PC and can't find them, so i just keep looking for something to pop up. on that note i don't think anyone should have to trade to contribute, but i still haven't figured this thread out.

I agree, though I do think it's quite puzzling that someone would sign on to a sports card forum only to stay in the P&R forum.

duwal
09-17-2012, 09:42 PM

even excluding the lack of a trade the member has been here for about exactly two years and has barely made any kind of connection to anything but the politics and religion board, maybe not even a mention of a tradelist or sports colleciton

ALADOG
09-20-2012, 12:54 AM
As for the original intent of this thread, it was to point out the meaning of words used in my original discussion on the earleir thread referred to. The resident left wing liberals seem not to grasp the meaning of the words defined. In the discussion of reasons not to allow gay marriage, I pointed out that the consumation of marriage was the sex act which has a specific design, intent and purpose (see those words appear) which is procreation. The wrong way arrogant left wingers attempted to refute this by offeering up suggestions that persons who have physical infirmities should be barred from marriage as they might not be able to procreate as an argument. They arrogantly proclaimed they are right and anyone who disagrees with them is mentally challenged.

As far as why no trades by me. I got involved more for information and have gleaned much information from forums other than religion and pollitics. As a sports fan, I also enjoy seeing the memorabilia and coilections of others.

Wickabee
09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
As for the original intent of this thread, it was to point out the meaning of words used in my original discussion on the earleir thread referred to. The resident left wing liberals seem not to grasp the meaning of the words defined. In the discussion of reasons not to allow gay marriage, I pointed out that the consumation of marriage was the sex act which has a specific design, intent and purpose (see those words appear) which is procreation. The wrong way arrogant left wingers attempted to refute this by offeering up suggestions that persons who have physical infirmities should be barred from marriage as they might not be able to procreate as an argument. They arrogantly proclaimed they are right and anyone who disagrees with them is mentally challenged.

As far as why no trades by me. I got involved more for information and have gleaned much information from forums other than religion and pollitics. As a sports fan, I also enjoy seeing the memorabilia and coilections of others.

This is the first time I've seen you mention consummation. I still vehemently disagree with you, but the argument has an aspect of intrigue to it.

drtom2005
09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
As for the original intent of this thread, it was to point out the meaning of words used in my original discussion on the earleir thread referred to. The resident left wing liberals seem not to grasp the meaning of the words defined. In the discussion of reasons not to allow gay marriage, I pointed out that the consumation of marriage was the sex act which has a specific design, intent and purpose (see those words appear) which is procreation.
So you are fine with lesbians having kids since in vitro was designed? Gay men can use a surrogate since that also requires in vitro?

Wickabee
09-20-2012, 01:11 AM
So you are fine with lesbians having kids since in vitro was designed? Gay men can use a surrogate since that also requires in vitro?

He's saying a marriage between two same sex partners cannot be consummated properly. I disagree but, after a couple weeks, his argument has become something at least interesting and worth seriously considering, if only for a moment.

mrveggieman
09-20-2012, 02:00 PM
He's saying a marriage between two same sex partners cannot be consummated properly. I disagree but, after a couple weeks, his argument has become something at least interesting and worth seriously considering, if only for a moment.

He has no consistency to his argument. Otherwise he would be admadnetly against straight couples who cannot or do not want kids.

Wickabee
09-20-2012, 02:17 PM
He has no consistency to his argument. Otherwise he would be admadnetly against straight couples who cannot or do not want kids.

No, you`re actually missing his point. I disagree with his point, but you`re having two different arguments.

mrveggieman
09-20-2012, 02:29 PM
No, you`re actually missing his point. I disagree with his point, but you`re having two different arguments.

He has no point just like his romney.

Wickabee
09-20-2012, 02:38 PM
He has no point just like his romney.

Now you're being difficult for the sake of being difficult. You can disagree with his point all you want, I know I do. However, he does have a point worth considering. You're, right now, being insulting to him and yourself, as you seem to misunderstand his point and are just making statements like the one I've quoted.

ALADOG
09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Thank you wikabee (never thought I would say that) It is frustrating when you try to discuss something and get unrelated responses.

Wickabee
09-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Thank you wikabee (never thought I would say that) It is frustrating when you try to discuss something and get unrelated responses.

I understand.
I have to say though, if what you say isw correct, then anal sex infidelity shouldn't be considered grounds for divorce. If it can't start a marriage, how can it end one? And Vice Versa.