PDA

View Full Version : GOP vs. Dems in Religious Demographics......You gotta see this!!!

JustAlex
09-17-2012, 02:20 AM
So, When I think of America, I think of a nation fully diverse with various races, ethnicities, and beliefs, so let's see how the two biggest political parties measure up when it comes to religious/races demographics:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/09/11/303576.jpg

^The GOP is at least 72% White Christian, with a very low minority of Blacks, Hispanics and "Other".

Now let's see the Democrats:

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/09/11/303582.jpg

^The biggest group for democrats is "Religiously Unaffiliated" at 24%....and only 36% are White Christians, the other 64% are something else.

Anyone that sees these graphs can see that the Democrats have a better representation of this country than the GOP, with much more diversity.

Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/383075/20120911/religious-americans-vote-pew-poll.htm

mrveggieman
09-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Agreed.

indexed
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I wont go into this or I will get banned JS. But does that make one party correct over another? Funny thing there should be more white dems after Obama and more minorities after Bush but the opposite happened.

pspstatus
09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Maybe it shows that you are who you care about?

AUTaxMan
09-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Actually, here's what the country looks like from a religious perspective.

http://religions.pewforum.org/img/major_religious_traditions.gif

78.4% Christian
16.1% Unaffiliated
4.7% Other

The republicans are clearly much more representative of the country than are the democrats, but don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Wickabee
09-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Claiming that one party or the other represents more Americans based on ONE thing is stupid. The racial demographics don't say the Democrats "represent" more and the same goes for religion and the Republicans. Both arguments are beyond stupid and everyone who makes said arguments should be ashamed.

AUTaxMan
09-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Claiming that one party or the other represents more Americans based on ONE thing is stupid. The racial demographics don't say the Democrats "represent" more and the same goes for religion and the Republicans. Both arguments are beyond stupid and everyone who makes said arguments should be ashamed.

I agree and was just pointing out his stupidity. You can make those types of statistics say whatever you need.

Wickabee
09-18-2012, 10:14 PM
I agree and was just pointing out his stupidity.

Oh, I am absolutely certain you were...

/sarcasm

drtom2005
09-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Not to burst your bubble taxman, but...
your data is five years old. Not that polls are the best evidence, but what is the current poll?
And yes data can be manipulated, specifically when it is time sensitivity...example: your example poll.

JustAlex
09-18-2012, 11:53 PM
The graphs speak for themselves.

One political party is overwhelmingly white chrisitan, the other is very diverse with various beliefs and races.

How else could I look at it?

shrewsbury
09-19-2012, 12:43 AM
so you discovered the evil white man racist that secretly rules the world (including wall street) is republican?

and your surprised?

Theodor Madison
09-19-2012, 01:00 AM
From the Graphs etc ..I see , . It is the African Americans that are not blind to the race factor. And I am neither black or white.

I have always believed, that if you are not sure on the direction to go, it is best to be conservative. Has not the Obama-nation gone far enough?

Wickabee
09-19-2012, 03:04 AM
The graphs speak for themselves.

One political party is overwhelmingly white chrisitan, the other is very diverse with various beliefs and races.

How else could I look at it?

As the meaningless nothing stats that they are and move on to something that actually matters.

AUTaxMan
09-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Not to burst your bubble taxman, but...
your data is five years old. Not that polls are the best evidence, but what is the current poll?
And yes data can be manipulated, specifically when it is time sensitivity...example: your example poll.

unless there has been a sea change in our national religious identities over the past five years (which there hasn't), those numbers are relatively reliable.

drtom2005
09-19-2012, 08:50 AM
unless there has been a sea change in our national religious identities over the past five years (which there hasn't), those numbers are relatively reliable.
And how can you assume there has not been?

mrveggieman
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
From the Graphs etc ..I see , . It is the African Americans that are not blind to the race factor. And I am neither black or white.

I have always believed, that if you are not sure on the direction to go, it is best to be conservative. Has not the Obama-nation gone far enough?

Thank you so very much for your objective and unbiased advice. :rolleyes:

Wickabee
09-19-2012, 12:55 PM
And how can you assume their has been not?

Because they support his side. Trust me, if you had 5 year old stats and were trying to prove something, he'd be all over you for it.