PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah leader calls for international law against insulting Islam

pwaldo
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204445/Hezbollah-leader-calls-protests-says-people-support-offensive-Mohammed-film-punished.html

In a move that could escalate tensions around the Arab world, the leader of the Hezbollah militant group called for protests against the movie and said the U.S. must be held accountable for the film.

In a televised speech, Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah pushed for the creation of an international law that would ban insults of Islam and other religions, citing similar laws that exist to prevent anti-Semitism.

His outrage stems from the anti-Islam film produced by a mysterious convict based in California, that has since sparked protests outside American embassies in the Middle East and across the globe.

'Those who should be held accountable, punished, prosecuted and boycotted are those directly responsible for this film and those who stand behind them and those who support and protect them, primarily the United States of America,' Mr Nasrallah said.

He called for protests on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, urging protesters to call on their leaders to express their anger too.

'We should not only express our anger at an American embassy here or there. We should tell our rulers in the Arab and Muslim world that it is "your responsibility in the first place" and since you officially represent the governments and states of the Muslim world you should impose on the United States, Europe and the whole world that our prophet, our Quran and our holy places and honor of our Prophet be respected,' he said.

indexed
09-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Whats wrong with umans being humans I ask lol? International law against what? Who exactly would be enforcing this law? Ohh wait our president is Muslim so I guess I see his point.

Wickabee
09-17-2012, 06:56 PM
So a similar law about Jews exists and no one has a problem with that, but suddenly this is over the line?

Makes no sense.

Whats wrong with umans being humans I ask lol? International law against what? Who exactly would be enforcing this law? Ohh wait our president is Muslim so I guess I see his point.

Actually, your President isn't a Muslim, so I fail to see YOUR point.

It's sad that some people vote.

habsheaven
09-17-2012, 07:04 PM
I think we need an international law against insulting my intelligence. I will volunteer to be judge, jury and executioner.

shrewsbury
09-17-2012, 07:15 PM
wickabee, really, I never knew?

I knew the one moving with mel gibson, but that was some christians who were mad, no deaths that i know of. what is the law with jewish based movies?

Wickabee
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
directly from the quote in the OP:

In a televised speech, Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah pushed for the creation of an international law that would ban insults of Islam and other religions, citing similar laws that exist to prevent anti-Semitism.

Not sure how you missed that...wait, actually, I think I am.

shrewsbury
09-17-2012, 07:50 PM
i seen that, but what are the laws and who enforces them? dang, do I have to google everything for myself!!!

Wickabee
09-17-2012, 08:01 PM
i seen that, but what are the laws and who enforces them? dang, do I have to google everything for myself!!!

I was going strictly on this article. It says there are similar laws regarding Jews, but people (indexed) are mad that Islam wants the same thing.

If anything, t(he)y should be mad at the laws regarding anti-Semitism, but t(he)y aren't, just at the Muslims. Funny, that.

ensbergcollector
09-17-2012, 08:55 PM
i would be interested to see what laws he is referring to regarding anti-Semitism. People make fun of Jewish people in media all the time. I have never heard they were breaking some law.

habsheaven
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
I've heard of the anti-semetic laws before although I do not remember which countries have them on the books. Most center around the holocaust deniers literature. Not so much cartoons.

pghin08
09-17-2012, 11:18 PM

Evidence that Mr. Obama is Muslim?

JustAlex
09-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Boy, these guys have turned into a parody of themselves.

This is borderline insanity/cartoonish humor.

I'm not even sure if this is just a bad troll gone too far.

mrveggieman
09-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Ignoring the troll I think this was a dumb statement by the hezbollah leader. Although it is distatsteful and insensitive to make fun of someone's religion here in American we have something called the 1st amendment to protect our freedom of religion and freedom of speech. How could such a law be enforced? Who would determine what is insulting to a particular religion? Leave well enough alone.

shrewsbury
09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I still want to know what laws and who enforces them when it comes to making in fun of the jews?

Wickabee
09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
I still want to know what laws and who enforces them when it comes to making in fun of the jews?

Maybe these?
http://www.antisemitism.org.il/eng/Legislation%20Against%20Antisemitism%20and%20Denia l%20of%20the%20Holocaust

(I Googled for you)

Triple Peanut
09-18-2012, 04:27 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_UgnxmbviHxI/R1HxRwQbgiI/AAAAAAAACvI/HecuWU33OVQ/s400/hope-it-is-a-joke.jpg

Wickabee
09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_UgnxmbviHxI/R1HxRwQbgiI/AAAAAAAACvI/HecuWU33OVQ/s400/hope-it-is-a-joke.jpg

Hahaha, that's actually pretty funny.

mrveggieman
09-18-2012, 05:35 PM
http://bp1.blogger.com/_ugnxmbvihxi/r1hxrwqbgii/aaaaaaaacvi/hecuwu33ovq/s400/hope-it-is-a-joke.jpg

lol.