PDA

View Full Version : The Democrats' Fake Freedoms

mikesilvia
09-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Sandra Fluke’s claim to fame, aside from provoking Rush Limbaugh's misogynistic ire, is that she chose to attend Georgetown Law School, knowing full well that the Catholic university's student health plan did not cover birth control, and then demanded that the policy be changed, under force of law, as a matter of "reproductive justice." Although Fluke could have picked a different school, she told The Washington Post last February, "I decided I was absolutely not willing to compromise the quality of my education in exchange for my health...

More... (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/18/the_democrats_fake_freedoms_115470.html)

Star_Cards
09-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I definitely see that side of it. When I ever spoke about this story it was just the idiotic connection that rush made. However, I find it odd that a university would offer a student health insurance plan. I also agree that if birth control being covered under said plan was an issue for her she should have looked elsewhere. I have no idea if every student gets the plan just for attending or if they have to pay, but she has the choice to not pay for the plan more than likely. If it's included with tuition then she can always choose another school if that's a top priority for her.