PDA

View Full Version : Michael Medved: Who Wants "Four More Years"?

mikesilvia
09-19-2012, 05:50 PM
At their convention in Charlotte, the Democrats provided the Republicans with the three crucial words the GOP should use to defeat Barack Obama. Again and again, the delegates chanted, “Four More Years!” and...

More... (http://michaelmedved.townhall.com/blog/g/c8eb4e0f-0532-44b5-b431-a9b677a8ed47)

Wickabee
09-19-2012, 05:57 PM
I hate looking for a second link on a page full of ads...

AUTaxMan
09-19-2012, 07:08 PM
People who think voting for a guy with a 4-year track record of what can only be classified as failure, impotence to make things any better, or some combination of the two, is better than taking a risk on a successful businessman/politician who they have no less reason to trust that the current president.

AUTaxMan
09-19-2012, 07:08 PM
I hate looking for a second link on a page full of ads...

agree

habsheaven
09-19-2012, 07:15 PM
People who think voting for a guy with a 4-year track record of what can only be classified as failure, impotence to make things any better, or some combination of the two, is better than taking a risk on a successful businessman/politician who they have no less reason to trust that the current president.

Did you forget to end your thought, or is it evident by reading the article? Only detractors classify Obama's first four years as a failure. The last 2 1/2 years have been improving the economy, and the first 1 1/2 the economy was still in a freefall. That is plain to see for anyone that bothers to look.

Wickabee
09-19-2012, 07:20 PM

Well on one hand he says he cars about the little guy...on the other he says his job is not to worry about the 47% of Americans who don't pay income tax...on one hand he's always been known as a centerist-to-moderate conservative...on the other hand he's flipped over to being a hard line conservative (and it's flopped)...on one hand he keeps talking about how he's going to beat Obama on "the issues"...on the other hand he never seems to want to bring up those issues...on one hand nearly everything he says now seems to go against what he said 8 years ago...on the other hand he says he's going to stand by his words now...on one hand he says he'll stand by his words...on the other hand he never really says anything...

Yeah, I see no reason not to trust him...

AUTaxMan
09-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Did you forget to end your thought, or is it evident by reading the article? Only detractors classify Obama's first four years as a failure. The last 2 1/2 years have been improving the economy, and the first 1 1/2 the economy was still in a freefall. That is plain to see for anyone that bothers to look.

How is it plain to see? GDP growth has been anemic over the past 2 years, and unemployment has barely improved in the last 2 years.

AUTaxMan
09-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Well on one hand he says he cars about the little guy...on the other he says his job is not to worry about the 47% of Americans who don't pay income tax...on one hand he's always been known as a centerist-to-moderate conservative...on the other hand he's flipped over to being a hard line conservative (and it's flopped)...on one hand he keeps talking about how he's going to beat Obama on "the issues"...on the other hand he never seems to want to bring up those issues...on one hand nearly everything he says now seems to go against what he said 8 years ago...on the other hand he says he's going to stand by his words now...on one hand he says he'll stand by his words...on the other hand he never really says anything...

Yeah, I see no reason not to trust him...

do we need to roll out the myriad lies told by the president and his administration over the past few years? if you can't trust romney, there is no way you you can trust obama.

habsheaven
09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
How is it plain to see? GDP growth has been anemic over the past 2 years, and unemployment has barely improved in the last 2 years.

Whatever!!! Your opposition to reality of the past 4 years is bordering on ridiculous.

Wickabee
09-19-2012, 07:47 PM
do we need to roll out the myriad lies told by the president and his administration over the past few years? if you can't trust romney, there is no way you you can trust obama.

Oh, I'm not talking about lies, that's Ryan's area. This is about talking out of two sides of his mouth. He says one thing here and another there. Of course something has to be lies, but that's not my issue. My issue is that, if you look at Romney overall, there is absolutely no telling what his policies actually are. He says he has a plan, but never talks about it. How can you vote for a guy who has put so much effort into making sure he appeals to everyone, whether those people agree on anything or not?

AUTaxMan
09-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Whatever!!! Your opposition to reality of the past 4 years is bordering on ridiculous.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth - has averaged 1.875% per quarter over last 2 years. has not demonstrably improved over past year. that sucks.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate - improved 1.5% over two years. 1% in last year. twice what it ought to be. also sucks.

theonedru
09-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Regardless of who wins the election your going to get 4 more years of the same crap just repacked in a different box with new labels. Whoever thinks otherwise is a total fool.

AUTaxMan
09-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Regardless of who wins the election your going to get 4 more years of the same crap just repacked in a different box with new labels. Whoever thinks otherwise is a total fool.

that's not an unreasonable position to take, although i don't wholly agree with it.

JustAlex
09-19-2012, 09:26 PM

I want you to explain how it's been a failure.

We ended the war in Iraq, the man that caused all of this nonsense is now DEAD thanks to the orders given by the Commander in Chief, something that the other guy couldn't do for 8 very long years, and at one point didn't even care anymore.

The economy is slowly but surely getting better not worse.

The health care law (Which was voted in by CONGRESS not Obama) was deemed constitutional by the SCOTUS....the GOP on the other hand continues to promise how they will magically make it go away while replacing it with a non-existing plan!

I don't care if it sounds like a broken record, the truth is the truth....

Obama was given a TERRIBLE economy and two wars he didn't start, he was handed a huge mess and the GOP had ZERO plans on helping. Instead they become obstructionists, they made his life a living hell, they ADMITTED that their #1 priority was to make him a "One term president", they pretty much said "screw the nation, our interests are more important"!

Let's be honest for one second......I don't view Obama's first term as "successful" or even "good".

But to say it's been a "failure" is beyond ludicrous.

If I give you a house after a huge party and it's completely trashed, do you think it's fair to blame you for not completely fixing it in half the time it took to trash it?

Do you think it's fair to have the guys that trashed it on the sidelines not helping and creating obstructions and further complicating the problems solely because they want to control that house again so they can trash it once more?

You gotta be kidding me, we're not giving you the keys, we're going to give Obama 4 more years...

shrewsbury
09-19-2012, 11:06 PM
if we took romney out of the equation I still wouldn't want to vote for Obama. He has split us up even more. And everything he does is a mess. you guys talk about obama care passing, but look how it passed, with kickbacks to those that were thinking about not voting in favor of obama care.
I have no problem with national health care, but when it is on the backs of the middle class and business owners, I am against it.

job creation has been a debacle and the stimulus' only stimulated union jobs and companies that still went out of business. we are still at war and have the potential to involved with more stuff over there. family income levels are down, gas is up, and we are in so much debt we lost our perfect credit rating. we have chased all the business' away with the highest taxes there are, and complain that the rich are taking their money over seas. why wouldn't you? i am sure all americans would love to invest in america, but when the investment is a losing one, why would you?

this isn't even mentioning such acts as the shutting down of coal mines by taxation and the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs.

INTIMADATOR2007
09-19-2012, 11:08 PM
I want you to explain how it's been a failure.

We ended the war in Iraq, the man that caused all of this nonsense is now DEAD thanks to the orders given by the Commander in Chief, something that the other guy couldn't do for 8 very long years, and at one point didn't even care anymore.

The economy is slowly but surely getting better not worse.

The health care law (Which was voted in by CONGRESS not Obama) was deemed constitutional by the SCOTUS....the GOP on the other hand continues to promise how they will magically make it go away while replacing it with a non-existing plan!

I don't care if it sounds like a broken record, the truth is the truth....

Obama was given a TERRIBLE economy and two wars he didn't start, he was handed a huge mess and the GOP had ZERO plans on helping. Instead they become obstructionists, they made his life a living hell, they ADMITTED that their #1 priority was to make him a "One term president", they pretty much said "screw the nation, our interests are more important"!

Let's be honest for one second......I don't view Obama's first term as "successful" or even "good".

But to say it's been a "failure" is beyond ludicrous.

If I give you a house after a huge party and it's completely trashed, do you think it's fair to blame you for not completely fixing it in half the time it took to trash it?

Do you think it's fair to have the guys that trashed it on the sidelines not helping and creating obstructions and further complicating the problems solely because they want to control that house again so they can trash it once more?

You gotta be kidding me, we're not giving you the keys, we're going to give Obama 4 more years...

A failure is putting it nice , Its been the worst disaster to hit this country !
And liberals worry about 2 wars ...
http://www.gop.com/news/research/obama-by-the-numbers-912/

Wickabee
09-20-2012, 12:09 AM
if we took romney out of the equation I still wouldn't want to vote for Obama. He has split us up even more.

Has he? Personally I blame the media for America's 50/50 split on everything. They've turned politics from important discourse to Yankees/Red Sox in suits.

mrveggieman
09-20-2012, 12:57 PM
A failure is putting it nice , Its been the worst disaster to hit this country !
And liberals worry about 2 wars ...
http://www.gop.com/news/research/obama-by-the-numbers-912/

You realize that wars cost money that could be of a better use domestically don't you?