PDA

View Full Version : Help! John Elway Signed Jersey, but no COA

showtime7486
01-31-2006, 08:33 PM
My friend recently received a gift from his grandfather. A signed authentic John Elway jersey, with the ensignia of "SB XXXIII MVP". He would like to sell it but I thought that he would not be able to get good value for it unless it came with a COA.

Can anyone tell me if there is a place we could go to get it authenticated?

How much would it be worth without a COA?

I've compared the autograph to every John Elway autograph I can find and it looks like the real deal. Supposedly his grandfather met John Elway while he was wearing the jersey, took it off and John signed it. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Tom

Craigerman
02-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I would imagine that Mike Gutierrez or one of those type of authenticators would do be able to do something like that. Check out this link: http://www.mgauction.net/process.cfm?pageID=1

On a personal note, I think it's kind of sucky that your friend is looking to sell it. I'm sure its a one-of-a-kind item, that it meant a lot to his grandpa, and that it meant even more for his grandpa to give it to him. I don't think the $300-$400 he may be able to make on the jersey is worth losing that memory. If your friend really needs the money, I can understand, but it would make me feel pretty guilty to sell off a gift like that.

56chev
02-01-2006, 11:27 AM
On a personal note, I think it's kind of sucky that your friend is looking to sell it. I'm sure its a one-of-a-kind item, that it meant a lot to his grandpa, and that it meant even more for his grandpa to give it to him. I don't think the $300-$400 he may be able to make on the jersey is worth losing that memory. If your friend really needs the money, I can understand, but it would make me feel pretty guilty to sell off a gift like that.

EXACTLY what I was thinking...

showtime7486
02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey, Thanks for the help! I also thought the same thing, but he's pretty adamant about selling it.

Thanks Again
Tom

56chev
02-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I also thought the same thing, but he's pretty adamant about selling it.

Some people are like that...I got a buddy like that...he pawned his favorite electric guitar for beer money.... :new_all_c

envoy98
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
www.psadna.com

it'll cost him somewhere between $20 and $60 to have it authenticated.

rayny1
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Some people are like that...I got a buddy like that...he pawned his favorite electric guitar for beer money.... :new_all_chehe, I did the same thing about 25 years ago. I sold off all of my baseball card collection so I could get stoned. What a dumbass I was back then. I had a huge collection too. 2 cases(wine boxes)just filled to the top with nothing but Topps baseball cards from 1970-1975. All those great cards like Frank Robinson, Rod Carew, Johnny Bench(which I remember having about 50 of them), Pete Rose(another dozen or so), Ernie Banks quadruplicates, Thurman Munson RC`s, Tom Seavers up the ying yack! I could only wish I had them now. I never built sets back then because I was a kid in the 70`s and pretty much didn`t do anything with them except put them in the boxes. I remember how they looked when I sold them too. The guy took advantage of a "stoner"(me) and tried to get them for $10.00. I bargained with him and didn`t settle for anything less than $12.00!! :new_argue :eek: :new_rofl:

Live and learn is all that can be said now.

56chev
02-01-2006, 09:30 PM
hehe, I did the same thing about 25 years ago. I sold off all of my baseball card collection so I could get stoned. What a dumbass I was back then. I had a huge collection too. 2 cases(wine boxes)just filled to the top with nothing but Topps baseball cards from 1970-1975. All those great cards like Frank Robinson, Rod Carew, Johnny Bench(which I remember having about 50 of them), Pete Rose(another dozen or so), Ernie Banks quadruplicates, Thurman Munson RC`s, Tom Seavers up the ying yack! I could only wish I had them now. I never built sets back then because I was a kid in the 70`s and pretty much didn`t do anything with them except put them in the boxes. I remember how they looked when I sold them too. The guy took advantage of a "stoner"(me) and tried to get them for $10.00. I bargained with him and didn`t settle for anything less than $12.00!! :new_argue :eek: :new_rofl:

Live and learn is all that can be said now.

Man, thats one of those stories man... :new_puppy